648 replies to this topic

#451 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

The Difference between the Falcons closing out a close game and us is execution and game time coaching decisions. There were several games for us last year where we single handidly lost because of these factors.

Then let me ask you this do you believe Rivera is here long term?

#452 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

forcing an offense in to a situation where they have to play error-free football in order to have a chance at winning is 1. unrealistic and 2. unsustainable.  that's the falcons' problem and ultimately what bit them in the ass in the playoffs.  they blew big second half leads in two straight games and it cost them a trip to the super bowl against the 49ers.

fielding a defense that can give our quarterback as many possessions as possible and can mitigate mistakes by limiting points off turnovers is useful and it's something that wins games in this league.

Hence why I said Star and Kawann make us a better team, instead of Hopkins.  This guy doesn't get it.

#453 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Then let me ask you this do you believe Rivera is here long term?

If I'm being completely honest I have doubts. Some of his decisions were baffling.

All I can do is hope he improves this year. It will make me sick to see another wasted season.

#454 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

tumblr_lzijt8llxH1qhnr1lo1_500.gif

#455 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

Hence why I said Star and Kawann make us a better team, instead of Hopkins. This guy doesn't get it.

Doesn't matter how many possessions you have if you don't have players that can make the most of them.

#456 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:28 PM

tumblr_lzijt8llxH1qhnr1lo1_500.gif

Not fair to use Sheldon against me lol

#457 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

If I'm being completely honest I have doubts. Some of his decisions were baffling.

All I can do is hope he improves this year. It will make me sick to see another wasted season.

What do you think happens if he is fired during the season or after. Do you think Smith, Lafell, Hixon, Ginn, or Gettis comes back? I don't.

That's my point I disagree with the double dip but do I think it makes our team better? Absolutely. I have never once said our WR corps weren't good enough for the upcoming season. My concern is beyond and the possibility of having to bring in multiple new WRs at one time.

If this season isn't a major success things could get ugly in a hurry.

#458 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

What do you think happens if he is fired during the season or after. Do you think Smith, Lafell, Hixon, Ginn, or Gettis comes back? I don't.

That's my point I disagree with the double dip but do I think it makes our team better? Absolutely. I have never once said our WR corps weren't good enough for the upcoming season. My concern is beyond and the possibility of having to bring in multiple new WRs at one time.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if our recievers suck as bad as you say, wouldn't it be easy to replace them and find better WR?

#459 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if our recievers suck as bad as you say, wouldn't it be easy to replace them and find better WR?

I never said they sucked I said their either old or their rentals. Our WR corps as it sits now is good enough to get the job done this year but what about beyond that. What happens if Smitty retires and Lafell, Hixon, and Ginn don't sign back?

#460 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:40 PM

If that happens there are going to be many many more concerns than just the receiver position..

I don't even think about that. I want the team to be successful, not go through another regime change.

#461 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:41 PM

uh we sign other recievers. I think we sign Lafell again though.

#462 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:42 PM

If that happens there are going to be many many more concerns than just the receiver position..

I don't even think about that. I want the team to be successful, not go through another regime change.

That's something you have to think about if your Gettleman unless you plan to keep Rivera regardless of this seasons outcome

#463 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,064 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

uh we sign other recievers. I think we sign Lafell again though.

At what point do we stop going to block buster to get our wrs?

#464 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,088 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

That's something you have to think about if your Gettleman unless you plan to keep Rivera regardless of this seasons outcome

Well I do not doubt he has considered the possibility, but he cannot stop doing his job.

His sole purpose at this time though is to provide his current head coach with all the tools to win effectively.

He still isn't done acquiring players either, there will be plenty of cuts in the coming months.

#465 AggieLean.

AggieLean.

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,221 posts
  • LocationChattanooga, TN via Winston-Salem, NC

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:55 PM

He should be criticized.  Too much faith being put into one of the scrub WR's we have breaking out.  Also, putting too much faith in a 34 year old Steve Smith staying healthy for an entire season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.