• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SCP

Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract

You know that Hurney has been telling people the contracts for Williams and Beason were demanded by Richardson, who adores both players.  Presumably, Gettleman was able to get permission to restructure, maybe as part of his discussions before he took the job.

Man this is the best off season move yet!!! YYYEEESSS!!! I'm really glad he's here and hopefully to retire a Panther. Now all thats left is to give him the ball, so that he we can have that top 10 back that we know he is.

True, maybe he learned a redneck thing or two from living in TN then :)

Are you suggesting that Arkansas isn't redneck?

yeah, a lot, heck most of what Gettlemen has done is stuff Hurney would have done if still here.

Hurney's biggest flaws where mortgaging our future and his price point on contract extensions. I think draft wise....Hurney let the HC and scouts handle it. Most of what Gettlemen is doing though is standard Hurney magic stuff. Hopefully our FA pickups pan out better under Gettlemen since that is his area of expertise.

If Hurney wouldn't have done things differently, then how exactly did we end up in such an awful situation that needed fixing?

The notion that there's no difference in MO between Hurney and Gettleman is ludicrous.

I love this!  Great news!  Now let's get our backfield tandem working again!

Gettleman is the f**king man. Already putting Hurney to shame. F**k you to all the DWill haters.

Maybe now we can get some O-Line and DB help. Possibly a 2nd TE.

If Hurney wouldn't have done things differently, then how exactly did we end up in such an awful situation that needed fixing?

The notion that there's no difference in MO between Hurney and Gettleman is ludicrous.

b/c like I said, Hurney's biggest flaws where mortgaging our future by giving up draft picks AND his contract extensions being too generious.  That is why we are in the mess.

Restructruing and tweaking deals to keep the band together?  Hurney would be doing all that stuff. 

Hopefully, again, like I said our FA pickups will be better since Gettlemen is a football guy.  They aren't the same GM...but they aren't polar opposites (don't forget this is Jerry's team). 

Now that Williams has restructured, does that make his original 5-year deal Hurney made look good? What I mean is, was this Hurney's goal all along...sign the player to a big contract with the hopes of restructuring down the line? Or was Hurney just a derp-de-derp and Gettleman is just cleaning up the mess.

I'm sure Hurney would have fixed the cap. What I am not convinced of is that we'd have Star, Short, Klein, and Barner. I know we wouldnt have Hixon or Ginn Jr.

this made my B in fuging management class feel OK

You're mad about a B? I used to reserve VIP lounges in the club when I got a B. Makin it rain with Boones Farm like a boss over a B. All the shrimp you can eat.

I'm sure Hurney would have fixed the cap. What I am not convinced of is that we'd have Star, Short, Klein, and Barner. I know we wouldnt have Hixon or Ginn Jr.

I agree.  Hurney would have surely traded back into the 3rd round giving away a 2014 pick. He would have then used said 3rd round pick to draft a player that would be in the NFL for approximately 3 seasons.