Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract

196 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gettle is doing a good job at fixes Hurney's mess

Posted · Report post

gettlemagic > hurneymagic

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Basically he stays 3 more seasons (counting this one) and retires in 2016. We save like a billion dollars in cap space next season and the one after that.

His salary reflects a lesser role, we keep a solid back, everyone is happy.

8 people like this

Posted · Report post

He simply made Deangelo an offer he couldn't refuse...

[media]http://youtu.be/HWqKPWO5T4o[/media]

Posted · Report post

.. also I'm wondering if the Barner pick was a strategy to convince DWill to restructure?

It def gave Gettle leverage and prob made DWill and his agent paranoid as hell
4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Everyone on here is saying gettle magic, I really think it is a more of a great move by D Will  and shows that he really wants to be a Panther. Any moron could see something had to be done with his contract, but it would not be possible if D Will did not want to be here. I'm glad gettleman finished this, but any person would have done the same thing. Kind of GM 1.1 lite stuff.

8 people like this

Posted · Report post

I wish Gettleman would drive over to Raleigh and slap Rutherford in his stupid fucking face.    Fuck you Rutherford, take some god damn notes on how to GM. 

Oh right, back on topic.   Saving 3.2 this year and 8 over the next 2..   winning!      

Interesting this occurred only a day after it has been hinted we are interested in Woodson.... 

Posted · Report post

Greg Hardy come get yo money....

Or Woodson for that matter.  Long term makes much more sense to lock up Greg before he has a monster season in his contract year....

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Fug yes!

Bout that barner pick now...

Love barner but i guess he will only be a scat back assuming dwill and stew stay healthy

Posted · Report post

Everyone on here is saying gettle magic, I really think it is a more of a great move by D Will and shows that he really wants to be a Panther. Any moron could see something had to be done with his contract, but it would not be possible if D Will did not want to be here. I'm glad gettleman finished this, but any person would have done the same thing. Kind of GM 1.1 lite stuff.

Problem is GM 1.1 lite abilities have been lacking...we have been on free AOL cd-Rom GM style till Gettles.
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

He is now perfect trade bait!

Win for everyone as he would have been cut and wouldn't have made nearly as much on the open market. He is now a viable trade option for teams looking for a RB....NE send us your 3rd....if he stays he is somewhat more affordable than he was before.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

.. also I'm wondering if the Barner pick was a strategy to convince DWill to restructure?

It def gave Gettle leverage and prob made DWill and his agent paranoid as hell

yeah, agreed. i think the barner pick up may have been the thing to seal the deal. 

1 person likes this