Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Deangelo Williams Restructures Contract

196 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

So now we have two excellent feature type backs with a combined cap hit of eight million dollars this upcoming season.  That is very reasonable even if they have to share 25 carries a game.

Posted · Report post

Why????? everybody keep saying loaded backfield, we need 4 running backs that can play, look at the saints they got a loaded backfield and plus 1 of dese running backs going be in the return game and catching it out of da backfield.

Posted · Report post

Hey JStew, you see what DWill just did?

Get in line behind DWill and restructure.

Oh, and DWill may kick your ass on the field this season.

He already has at the bargaining table.

Step it up.

I think that he just did a restructure on his.

That said, thank goodness this happened.  I hope that we can do something with Beason's deal, but something tells me it's not going to happen.

Posted · Report post

I feel that Gettle uses rookies as leverage. Beason will be the next to be asked to restructure. If not there us a LB waiting to take his place next year.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Wow Dwill just made my day. I love him even more now.

Posted · Report post

I knew DeAngelo would do it, such a great guy.

Doubtful this has anything to do with him being a great guy....that is all smoke and mirrors. This is business

Posted · Report post

Let's break it down:

If he is cut/traded

2013: $14M
2014: $10M
2015: $6M

Pay:
2013: Same
2014: Pay cut
2015: Pay cut

So basically deangelo just made himself an career panther!

What is in it for him? He makes more money than if cut and signed elsewhere and becomes almost untradable while helping his team.

Win win

Posted · Report post

Doubtful this has anything to do with him being a great guy....that is all smoke and mirrors. This is business

I'm not saying he is a great guy for restructuring, he is just a really great guy.

Posted · Report post

Why????? everybody keep saying loaded backfield, we need 4 running backs that can play, look at the saints they got a loaded backfield and plus 1 of dese running backs going be in the return game and catching it out of da backfield.

Saints didnt pay 2 like featured RBs.

Posted · Report post

I'm not saying he is a great guy for restructuring, he is just a really great guy.

His facebook is awesome. 

Half the time it's just him and his cute daughter, but he also posts some funny stuff. I swear I saw pictures of him driving ATVs with a bunch of rednecks last week.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Awesome, thank you DeAngelo and Gettleman - this puts us in a position to try to extend Hardy now, before the price goes up. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

His facebook is awesome. 

Half the time it's just him and his cute daughter, but he also posts some funny stuff. I swear I saw pictures of him driving ATVs with a bunch of rednecks last week.

You did, DeAngelo is a self-professed redneck... he bought his daughter a duck call and was showing her how to use it, LOL

• Masters of PIE !

• Recent Comments