Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With 8.46 million do we go shopping or sign Hardy?

155 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Roll with what we got in 2013. Roll the money over to 2014.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If this is Hardy's last year on his contract, how about giving him a small boost in pay with a two year contract (this year and next year) for his play last year.  Then if he continues to play well this year, give him the big pay-long term deal next year.

Because his agent would laugh in your face, that's why.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would like to see Hardy show that kind of production again before I would want to commit to a long term contract with guaranteed money.

I love Krakken but to this point he has been inconsistent and if I were GM o would like to see continued production first.

Just my thoughts

Showing that production 2 years in a row will get him a big pay day in the open market causing us to fork up more money than we would if we just resigned him now... And after next year, he could walk..

Lock him up now... Our core D-Line will be signed through 2016.  Then we will only need worry about signing some new "hog mollies" on the other side of the ball.

Posted · Report post

guard, CB, TE.

having a winning team will encourage hardy to sign for less.

Posted · Report post

guard, CB, TE.

having a winning team will encourage hardy to sign for less.

Not likely.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Not likely.

Agree 100%.

Aging vet who wants to get that elusive ring....may play for less on a better team

Young guy in his prime, who is looking for probably his biggest payday of his career....he is going to go where the money is.

Posted · Report post

Because his agent would laugh in your face, that's why.

Yet if you look at his contract, he is getting seriously underpaid.  I'm not sure if he will make a million dollars this year. (He was drafted in the sixth round I believe, and is playing under that contract)  If I was Hardy, I would opt for a pay increase, and trust the big contract will come the next year.  It should come the next year, if he has a fantastic year.

Posted · Report post

We Badly need to sign Hardy to an extension this year, because we have to do Cam next. If we get Hardy we could have the best Dline in the NFL for the next 5 years baring injury.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yet if you look at his contract, he is getting seriously underpaid. I'm not sure if he will make a million dollars this year. (He was drafted in the sixth round I believe, and is playing under that contract) If I was Hardy, I would opt for a pay increase, and trust the big contract will come the next year. It should come the next year, if he has a fantastic year.

we can't do that because we have cam's contract coming up next year, he's with us for 3 more but next year is the first one where he can get restructured and with him the sooner we get him locked up long term the better.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

We Badly need to sign Hardy to an extension this year, because we have to do Cam next. If we get Hardy we could have the best Dline in the NFL for the next 5 years baring injury.

Your right, it seem like some people are forgetting about Cam.

Posted · Report post

Yet if you look at his contract, he is getting seriously underpaid.  I'm not sure if he will make a million dollars this year. (He was drafted in the sixth round I believe, and is playing under that contract)  If I was Hardy, I would opt for a pay increase, and trust the big contract will come the next year.  It should come the next year, if he has a fantastic year.

Sign a one year extension now for marginally more money or roll the dice on a huge pay day at the end of the year.  Most guys would choose to roll the dice.  In our eyes, it's easy to look at the situation and say that the money will be there a year later.  Most people plan to work until they're 60+ years old.  A football player never knows how long he'll be able to work, but best case scenario they have to plan on being done by their mid-30s.  They have to get the money when they can.  Hardy and his agent are going to be looking for a long-term deal with significant guarantees, especially if he has another big season.  You don't see 10+ sack guys as young as Hardy is hit the open market very often.  I know this offseason there wasn't crazy FA spending, but there were still big money deals available for the good players still in their primes.  It was the aging vets, injury proned guys, and guys who just aren't that good who were getting surprised by the lack of money available.

Posted · Report post

we can't do that because we have cam's contract coming up next year, he's with us for 3 more but next year is the first one where he can get restructured and with him the sooner we get him locked up long term the better.

yep. much better to focus our efforts on getting cam re-signed and locked up than hardy. hardy is great, but replaceable (alexander).

cam? not so much.

cam is the priority...making sure we've got the cap space to lock that guy up....and making sure he's got a team he wants to stick with.