Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

With 8.46 million do we go shopping or sign Hardy?

155 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Gettleman will find a new DE before he overpays Hardy. The man knows nothing if not defensive lines so I am confident no matter what happens we will have an effective line for a fair price. The Hurney days are over, thank god. 

which is why Gettleman knows he has to lock up Hardy.  The kid plays an incredible amount of downs and versatile enough to play all over the DL.  If anyone needs to get locked up for their production, it's Greg Hardy.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Now we need Beason to restructure...

At this point I would just like to see him play

Posted · Report post

We'll be in good shape to sign Hardy and Cam.  Next year or the year after we'll probably have Beason's contract off the books.  Definitely Gross's and Godfrey's.  That frees up a lotta bread.  Combine that with the cap going up and there's plenty of money to do what we need to do.

I think Hardy gets a new contract before training camp and I think it's a smart move.  You can't wait a year for him to prove it and pay thorugh the nose or you can trust your evalution on him and sign him now.  I think you do it now or not at all. 

But, you will have to replace Gross with another stud LT....and similar cap.

Don't expect to have his money to spend anywhere other than LT.

Posted · Report post

I would wait till after this season to lock Hardy up. I dont want to give him money too soon just yet.

Make a push for Hakeem Nicks next season and draft a young OT beast in Lewan, Matthews, or BPA.

We should be a deadly team in 2014.

Hope we can't draft Lewan or Matthews next season....both are likely Top 5 picks.

Posted · Report post

which is why Gettleman knows he has to lock up Hardy.  The kid plays an incredible amount of downs and versatile enough to play all over the DL.  If anyone needs to get locked up for their production, it's Greg Hardy.

Which is why he wont. Bc its Greg Hardy.

Gettleman didnt draft Hardy. Why would he already give money to a player he has yet seen play a down for him since being the GM?

Gettleman was there at NY and saw first hand with how Jerry Reese played the Osi situation. Gettleman will let this situation play itself out.

Posted · Report post

Hope we can't draft Lewan or Matthews next season....both are likely Top 5 picks.

I know. Im just being wishful thinking and throwing names out there.

Posted · Report post

pay the man

Posted · Report post

Sign the rookies and extra cash for injuries that is all.

Posted · Report post

FO just released a thing where Hardy and JPP over the last two years have been nearly identical in terms of production.

Yeah, let's lock up this crazy son of a bitch. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I would roll it over for Cam.

Posted · Report post

Don't go shopping. Remember we already commited 8.4 in dead money for 2014.

5.6 from Gross and 2.8 from Anderson cut.

Posted · Report post

No doubt we should lock up GH but it would be nice to save money for once, at least for a little bit. We got a couple huge contracts next year.