• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#46 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,625 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

he's turning into more of a troll/hack/attention *****/click *****.

#47 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

We need OL, so if we get OT in the 2nd I wouldn't mind that draft.  Exum is a beast, for sure, but he's also had injury issues this year.

#48 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,262 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:29 PM

My ideal draft:

First: WR

Second: OT

Third: G

Fourth: CB

Fifth: TE (good blocker and athlete)

Sixth: BPA

Seventh: BPA

#49 Rhell

Rhell

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

If Shula stays on as the OC, I don't see WR as a big deal.  They want to keep Cam to 25 passes mixed with a LOT of running.  A great run blocking "hog molly" would improve our offense more than any WR.  We have neglected the Offensive Line long enough, its time to re-tool and inject some real talent there.  

My vote would Offensive Lineman as the #1 need next off-season.

#50 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:22 AM

Playmakers are key in this league because the league protects them...OL are not playmakers. CB...meh, I guess I could see it, but if they make a play on the WR it is flag...I would like for us to pick WR early and often this draft Cam is good, Smith has declined rapidly. LaFell...maybe we resign him, but I don't think he is anything special....For me I could rock out with 

1. Mike Evans-WR

2. James Hurst-OT

3. Rashad Greene-WR

4. A bigger CB...I look at a guy like Ross Cockrell from Duke or McGill from Utah...I just don't think that defensive backs win you games in the NFL anymore, the NFL just won't allow it. So why waste picks on a great safety or shutdown corner when you can't touch the other guys???

#51 Ken

Ken

Triple Threat

• HUDDLER
  • 3,467 posts
  • Locationnyc

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

He's stupid and should feel bad.

You should read his previews/picks/game reviews. Quite hilarious. He's losing quite a bit of money via betting but alas, it's not his fault, just bad luck. 

#52 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,541 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

Playmakers are key in this league because the league protects them...OL are not playmakers. CB...meh, I guess I could see it, but if they make a play on the WR it is flag...I would like for us to pick WR early and often this draft Cam is good, Smith has declined rapidly. LaFell...maybe we resign him, but I don't think he is anything special....For me I could rock out with 

1. Mike Evans-WR

2. James Hurst-OT

3. Rashad Greene-WR

4. A bigger CB...I look at a guy like Ross Cockrell from Duke or McGill from Utah...I just don't think that defensive backs win you games in the NFL anymore, the NFL just won't allow it. So why waste picks on a great safety or shutdown corner when you can't touch the other guys???

i want Rashad in a panther uni next year.

#53 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,748 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Either OT #1 and WR #2 (my preferance)....or WR #1 and OT #2.

It all depends on the difference in talent on the board at these positions.

#54 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

It's pretty likely at this point that we'll be long out of range for Mike Evans, but if we can get Watkins I'll be more than happy. I'm honestly not sold on any other WR in the 1st round but one of the two.

#55 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,887 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Shutdown Corners aren't as valuable as they use to be. Since these DBs can't even sneeze a WR's way, I say we just draft a physical and good tackling DB in the later rounds.

A great LT would be ideal in the first round but now that we're out of range for one, we gotta draft a weapon. A solid/good project OT can be found in rounds 2-4 anyway.

#56 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,308 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

It's pretty likely at this point that we'll be long out of range for Mike Evans, but if we can get Watkins I'll be more than happy. I'm honestly not sold on any other WR in the 1st round but one of the two.

So you're saying that Evans is going before Watkins?

#57 Catalyst

Catalyst

• HUDDLER
  • 4,107 posts
  • LocationMorehead City

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

I think so, yes.

#58 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,758 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:47 AM

Shutdown Corners aren't as valuable as they use to be. Since these DBs can't even sneeze a WR's way, I say we just draft a physical and good tackling DB in the later rounds.

A great LT would be ideal in the first round but now that we're out of range for one, we gotta draft a weapon. A solid/good project OT can be found in rounds 2-4 anyway.

Agree about CB, getting a physical guy who will fight for the ball and set the edge is all you need to compete. OT is looking like a strong point early in this draft. Matthews, Lewan, Cyrus, and Erving are looking like first rounders. I think Richardson, La'Ail Collins, Robinson from SCar, and Ogbuehi are all capable of coming in and being really great run blockers. That entire group of guys are very very good, physical tackles who really excel in the run game. 

Personally, I like WR early. Evans and Watkins likely gone. Marquise Lee could be there. Aside from those guys, I wouldn't burn a first on any of them right now..maybe Matthews

#59 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

I think so, yes.

I think Evans will eventually end up as a top 5 pick.

#60 Blue Knight

Blue Knight

NEWB

• HUDDLER
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

I don't think Gettleman will be in the hunt for a WR.

But we all know he will take the best player with each pick and position won't matter.

IMO Left OT is needed for the future. Gross has about 1-2 years left in his tank, unless he gets hurt then it's a done deal.

WR's we has a pretty good Stable if you look at King and McNutt. Both of these players has the size, speed, hands, Leap and the power to run though tackles. But not only that we still have two WR's on injured reserve R.J. Webb 6'2" 205 and Pilares, Kealoha  5'10" 205. Then on practice squad Bersin, Brenton and Clemons, Toney

Understand that Gettleman is making big Targets for Cam and putting pressure on Defensive DB's on other teams. Look at TE Brandon Williams. TE Hartsock is getting older to.  Honestly I see Gettleman going after another TE in the 2-3 round in the Draft. There are at least three TE's ready to step in at the NFL level. Olsen so far has carried the load. I would like to see Williams step it up a little fast and Shula start trusting these guys more.

Why DT, Because Dwan Edwards is 32 and that's old for a  DT. Gross is 33 years old and Wharton is 32.

Then again OT Bruce Campbell is on injured reserve he will be in his 5th year. Bruce is 6'6' 320lbs. Out this season with ripped Rotator Cuff. Remember we traded RB Goodson for him. Bell stepped and is Producing with RG Chris Scott. Then don't for get about OT Garry Williams 6'3 315lbs 5 years is on Injured reserve as well.

Then there are 2 OG's on Injured reserve in Kugbila, Edmund and Silatolu, Amini. So I have just about talked myself out of taking and OT in the 1st round of the draft. But if a Top 3 CB isn't available I would go TE or DT.

1 round CB-QB

2 round QB-TE

3 round TE-DT

4 round DT-DE

5 round DE Best Player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com