Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Extending Greg Hardy now would be a big mistake.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
76 replies to this topic

#76 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
Guests

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

Keep the D young and intact people. sign the man. Then we can play with the offense only next year in the draft. The panthers are going places.

#77 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

I'm pretty sure we knew about Beason's injury (at least one of them) before signign him right?  We DEFINITELY knew about Morgan's.  Those were just bad decisions by a GM that is long gone.  I don't think this is the same thing.

IMO, you pay the guy.  He's going to be even more of a monster.  Now he has (hopefully) legit DT's in the middle, with CJ on the other side?  Good luck.  This has potential to be the best Dline since Ruck/Buckner/Jenkins/Peppers, or even better.  It's worked for the Giants and, we just happen to have someone that was apart of that.   I don't think anyone has brought up Hardy's ability to get in the passing lane and deflect passes either (all the other attributes were mentioned though).

Not to mention this guy has a big motor, and plays like he enjoys it and gives a crap, unlike Peppers when he was here.  I think Hardy loves the fans and caters to them, I mean, who doesn't love the Kraken persona?  You're looking at a guy that not only could be a great player but also a great character/marketing guy for our team, get us a little exposure, which never hurts anything.

Show him we want him and maybe both sides will get a good deal.  Being proactive may look like a sign of loyalty to Hardy and may even gain us an even better deal.