King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thats how you read it, I have no doubt.

But your reality isn't one the rest of us live in. In your head any negative word against any person of color is a direct result of the amount of melanin in their skin.

But thats just your reality, and a sad one at that.

And you think being an apologist for ignorance doesnt make you culpable or just as guilty. I know for a fact you wouldnt let people attack your kids character you let people on this board attack Cecil's son. All in the guise of "just because we dont believe the kid is smart or he could be a criminal in waiting doesnt mean Im racist". 

#17 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

And you think being an apologist for ignorance doesnt make you culpable or just as guilty. I know for a fact you wouldnt let people attack your kids character you let people on this board attack Cecil's son. All in the guise of "just because we dont believe the kid is smart or he could be a criminal in waiting doesnt mean Im racist". 

Damn right. I would not let anyone attack my kids character or any other kids for that matter.

However, when a grown man chooses a career path of entertainment... please feel free to discuss him. They put themselves out there. Its part of the deal.

The difference between you and I is I don't feel I can call someone a racist from some vague references that may or may not be racially motivated. I don't know these people, its hard to say. But the nice thing is that when there is actual racism on this board, and there has been, I have instant credibility because I don't throw the term around lightly. There have been multiple bannings and deletions from this site for, as you put it, white racism.

On the other hand, you tend to cry racism at every turn. You throw it around and hope some of it sticks, if only in your own mind. You expect others to follow suit and when they don't you call them apologists.

The truth is when you cry racism it falls on deaf ears because everyone has learned not to take you seriously.

#18 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:53 PM

Damn right. I would not let anyone attack my kids character or any other kids for that matter.

However, when a grown man chooses a career path of entertainment... please feel free to discuss him. They put themselves out there. Its part of the deal.

The difference between you and I is I don't feel I can call someone a racist from some vague references that may or may not be racially motivated. I don't know these people, its hard to say. But the nice thing is that when there is actual racism on this board, and there has been, I have instant credibility because I don't throw the term around lightly. There have been multiple bannings and deletions from this site for, as you put it, white racism.

On the other hand, you tend to cry racism at every turn. You throw it around and hope some of it sticks, if only in your own mind. You expect others to follow suit and when they don't you call them apologists.

The truth is when you cry racism it falls on deaf ears because everyone has learned not to take you seriously.

I dont cry racism at every turn. But when its applicable I speak on it which in turn seems to kick in some sort of inferiority complex with you and some of your staff. The truth is, Zod would prefer it were never discussed, that is his "comfort zone". Out of sight, out of mind. Hey, we all get thru life in our own way.

The difference between you and me is I wouldnt ban or threaten to ban a 9 year vet to my message board who actually contributes (and has paid in the past) so that short term trolls and people who never contribute can feel "comfortable".

The truth is, you're message board for most of its existence has had a stigma of being insensitive towards blacks, and I am a constant reminder of that stigma, that scar. What is out of sight, out of mind to Zod might be clear as day to the next man.

#19 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:55 PM

The only things keeping racism alive is people like KT who bring it up all the time. If it weren't for that it would die and go away

If it werent for KT, nobody would've ever called Cam a "thug" or stereotyped him as a dumb black. It's KT's fault.

#20 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:03 PM

I dont cry racism at every turn.

You can't be serious. Now I know you are just trolling.

#21 King Taharqa

King Taharqa

The Panthers Quarterback

• HUDDLER
  • 8,774 posts
  • LocationBobcat Country

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:04 PM

You play apologist for white racism at every turn.

Maybe you could print up some Hello Kitty Cam t-shirts like you did those Ron Mexico t-shirts that time. Pass em out to Falcons fans and Bucs fans when they come takeover BOA again this season.

#22 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:20 PM

Tshirts? Nah. We passed out sombreros!!!

See, there you go, you imply it's racist when a QB of an opposing team has an alias "Ron Mexico" and we make fun of it.

Seek.... Help

#23 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

It's not a conspiracy, its common knowledge you are slow to react when people come at me. Always have. It doesnt really bother me Kurby, but now other people are starting to notice and are embarrassed by it. And Im worried for them. It's all gravytrain to me, but I want others to feel comfortable posting here without being accused of hating the white race for expressing themselves.

As for importance and influence, let's not kid ourselves. I'm like Mark Twain, like Shakespeare as much of my post and writings you've read the past 9 years. This site would not be the same had I never posted here. I've left my mark on carolinahuddle.com. As much as some of the huddle keeps my name in their posts and thoughts, my presence is always felt. And if what I wrote had no merit or was so wacky why even bother to threaten to ban or give it credence Kurby? The truth is my words are very powerful, and Im perhaps the most dangerous person on this board when I speak on certain subjects. I make people feel "unsafe" and "scared" so I understand why its important to show Taharqa who's boss from time to time. I understand why banning someone who comes at me might wrong might come off "soft" or "weak" to some of the mod's and admin's friends or other long time members.

Pot meet kettle. My first 6-7 years here I got clowned and ridiculed for saying we should get us a Cam Newton and some of my other views. But I never was banned or threatened to be banned, nobody took me serious then. It all seem so far fetched I was just brushed off as "bitter" that we were throwing the Matt Moore's and Clausens out there. Hell YOU used to talk to me on AIM and we even had some cool talks. Soon as the Panthers getting a Cam Newton became a reality it's like I broke some folks hearts. And when I began to defend him I was a "threat". LOL. I started getting banned and threatened to be banned. Dudes wanted my head, it was like I brought all this pain on their lives and needed to be taught a lesson for speaking on something THAT HIT SO CLOSE TO HOME. I'm like its just the internet, you guys are so crushed, we will all be better for this, you'll be thanking me later.

I don't have a persecution complex, I just wish people would do the jobs they've been assigned and police the board for EVERYBODY. And if its not for EVERYBODY, just say so.

I did enjoy our chats about the
Bobcats. I have to keep up with them from a distance.

Honestly you just come off as a troll to many. You throw these tantrums a few times a year. I don't outright ban you for a few reasons. People like to start things with you, so I get after them. You are no doubt a diehard Panthers guy and I respect that. And SOMETIMES you make some solid points.

You honestly won't find a more un-racist group of mods/admins as the ones we have hear. We have no bone to pick with ya. ,I just get tired of threads being derailed by the same song and dance.

#24 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:42 PM

I honestly still have no idea how the hell "thug" has any racial connotations, at all?  hell...even the urban dictionary makes no reference to racism when it comes to thug? 

where did this poo ever come from?

#25 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,565 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 May 2013 - 07:53 PM

Remember when you gave free reign to the people on your board to racially stereotype Cam Newton as ignorant and unintelligent. Even openly deem him a "thug". And you banned me not once, but twice for defending him from it. This was after you turned your board into Andrew Luck Central. LOL.

I do seem to remember myself being one of the #1 guys on the Cam train.
This was indeed after Luck stayed in school, but 99% of the NFL liked Luck better coming out.

I also remember threatening and banning some folks over their Cam comments. JOAT did get banned at least nice I believe, I do know I warned him several times.

#26 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:09 PM

KT...aren't you a mod in the NBA forum?  so...when you throw all the mods under the bus for not living up to your expectations and fulfilling your needs, does this include yourself too?

#27 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,098 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:22 PM

can't we all just get along?

#28 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:32 PM

..because you can't get banned unless you drop the N-bomb

everything else is cool-- uh, I mean, "ambiguous"

#29 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

and what's wrong with that?  would you sooner we rule with an iron fist?

#30 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• HUDDLER
  • 7,917 posts
  • Locationfresh out the grave

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:45 PM

and what's wrong with that? would you sooner we rule with an iron fist?

thanks for confirming that suspicion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com