• This topic is locked This topic is locked
38 replies to this topic

#31 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

wasn't really confirming anything...I was asking if that's a problem or not?

ya see...there in lies the problem...you'll never have enough policing to satisfy everyone...what you think is enough, the next guy will thing is too much .

to be honest though...it's been a long time since I've bant anyone...and it's typically for spamming

#32 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

The loud atheist minority drummed Tim Tevo out of the NFL.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,263 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:06 PM

and now we're backpedaling...

I would rather it not be tolerated. If my choices are should we allow some racism like we do already or none at all then I think I'm choosing the second option.

#33 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,647 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

I've already delete comments in this thread once.
This was a question for mods.
Doesn't need commentary from the peanut gallery.

#34 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

__YOU CAN'T FIRE ME!__

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,221 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:31 PM

I enjoy virtually everything KT posts on the Huddle even though there are times I don't agree with his opinion.

I don't know why he cant make a point about a Black man doing something that others might not like without a race war breaking out from other posters.

I do know there's way too much responding to others opinions about people or issues that aren't related to the post but go directly at the poster as an attack.

This isn't limited to Huddlers but Mods as well.

KT and I argue about Lebron, I talk about Lebron, not KT. He gives me the same respect I think.

Finally this is a Forum rooted in the Deep South and all that comes with it. I think there is over compensation at times similar to what would probably occur on a 49er Forum located in the Bay Area if any Gay bashing stuff popped up. We're all human.

Anyway, you can delete this now.

#35 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:07 PM

For the record I ban people all the time.

#36 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,670 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:09 PM

KG is right. socio-historical context of the south is what complicates the cojones out of what would otherwise be a straightforward issue. would that we could discuss these things in a vacuum, but in this case there isn't one.

#37 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 24,322 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

I would rather it not be tolerated. If my choices are should we allow some racism like we do already or none at all then I think I'm choosing the second option.

It isn't tolerated

Where does one draw the line between discussion and intent

Take hawk...not a racist but can't at the same time see why the term thug is just another way to say....

Have a real discussion on why thug is an issue. Once you've educated them and they still sees no problem then it's ignorance on their part (hawk I'm just using this as an example)

Calling someone a racist/bigot is an attack on someone's mindset not their race. That's why to me calling someone a racist isn't bannable because its the same as calling someone an idiot or a trilobite

My .03

#38 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:37 AM

The problem is not everyone agrees on what racism is.

If KT was a mod in the Panthers forum, any negative word about Cam would be deleted because in his mind any negativity at all is obviously because he is black.(which by the way is an extremely racist viewpoint in and of itself) KT already posted in this thread that us making fun of Vick for his Ron Mexico alias is racist. This type of wide general reaching view of racism would be detrimental to the free speech we have here.

So define for me what racism we do allow here and show me how it is blatantly racist and could not just be someone looking for racism in all things.

#39 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:54 AM

Closing this thread.

In summary

Racism is not tolerated. Any racist slurs result in a ban or deletion as we have done multiple times.

If you want a place that limits free speech because some vague things said could possibly be found racist by people obsessed with racism, then find a new place to visit.

The civil discussion of racism is allowed and should be in the Tinderbox forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com