#31 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:45 PM

Agree that he needs "some" running plays to keep the defense honest and exploit them.

But, Chud DID run him way too much early on last year.

That's an understatement. Cam leading our team in rushing was absolutely inexcusable.

#32 SOJA

SOJA

Official Panthers Fan

• HUDDLER
  • 9,535 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

the comments on that article are unbearable 

#33 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

this.

but.....it could be said that the best is yet to come and 2011 and the end of last year was only a glimpse of what is to come.

if he hasn't yet actually broken out....hold on to your hats.

No great player has their best season be their Rookie season.

In order to be that MVP type QB, he will be poised to go 4,500, 35td and 600 yds rushing, 5td. 

#34 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,724 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I will point out one thing though. Luck's running ability is highly underrated. He is very athletic and can run very well when needed. Like an Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young.

#35 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:48 PM

In order to be that MVP type QB, he will be poised to go 4,500, 35td and 600 yds rushing, 5td. 

If Cam has 4500 yards passing, our offense was very 1 dimensional   

#36 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,416 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

It sounds great on a stat line but if Cam has that many rushing yards then we aren't doing it right.

Especially with all these running backs we currently have..

#37 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:49 PM

I will point out one thing though. Luck's running ability is highly underrated. He is very athletic and can run very well when needed. Like an Aaron Rodgers or Steve Young.

Luck's running ability is underrated. However, Luck may have similar speed to Newton but Luck cannot and will not shake off defenders like Cam. Cam's elusiveness is what makes him so great as a QB whereas Luck will just run a straight line.

#38 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

If Cam has 4500 yards passing, our offense was very 1 dimensional   

Brady threw for 4,800 yards - Ridley ran for 1,200 yards.

Not impossible.

#39 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:57 PM

Good Point.

#40 Guest_HelloWorld_*

Guest_HelloWorld_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

About time someone who actually watch a panther game write an article about Cam. Only one thing I might add is that, Luck might be the pocket passer in that group but not the best passer. Otherwise, great article.

#41 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

agreed. he's got good speed, but he's also big and strong enough to power through defenders.

#42 usmcpanthers

usmcpanthers

Professional Lurker

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationLakeland, FL

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:18 PM

I thought the exact same thing...normally I can read all teh comments....but these were just too ridiculous 

the comments on that article are unbearable 

#43 Frizzy350

Frizzy350

• HUDDLER
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:22 PM

It was a nice article givin us a little love.  As a bit of an English guy tho... that article was painful as hell to read.  The sentence structuring was just flat out boring.

#44 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,678 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

this.

but.....it could be said that the best is yet to come and 2011 and the end of last year was only a glimpse of what is to come.

if he hasn't yet actually broken out....hold on to your hats.

I've said this before and I won't apologize for it. A lot of people exaggerate and aren't taken seriously, but I've thought this for a while. Cam is the best athlete in the NFL right now, he is a mixture of Bo Jackson and Brett Farve, but not only that he has the wherewithall, both mentally and physically, to know where is deficiencies lie and I've witnessed him correct them. There is no NFL player period at the QB position and some other positions that can move like him, take on defenders like him, show pin point accuracy like the best of them, and hve a rocket laser arm.  The man is 6'5"-6'6" 245-260 lbs and can jump over 6'7" lineman and defenders. It is beyond scary to think when he puts it all together what he can do. Just plain scary, and I think all of these beat writers know it.  Like i've said before, he put all of these qualities together the last half of the season. Now Imagine that from the beginning. 

We have a guy who has the ability to put up 35-40 TD through the air and 5-10 TD's on the ground a season. That is mindboggling.

Go check out past posts by CRA....you will see what I mean.

To be fair, I've heard CRA say he wants Cam to be allowed to use all of his physical abilities. He knows Cam is a pocket passer, he doesn't want him to be stifled in the run game or the passing game.

#45 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,604 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:39 PM

I've said this before and I won't apologize for it. A lot of people exaggerate and aren't taken seriously, but I've thought this for a while. Cam is the best athlete in the NFL right now, he is a mixture of Bo Jackson and Brett Farve, but not only that he has the wherewithall, both mentally and physically, to know where is deficiencies lie and I've witnessed him correct them. There is no NFL player period at the QB position and some other positions that can move like him, take on defenders like him, show pin point accuracy like the best of them, and hve a rocket laser arm.  The man is 6'5"-6'6" 245-260 lbs and can jump over 6'7" lineman and defenders. It is beyond scary to think when he puts it all together what he can do. Just plain scary, and I think all of these beat writers know it.  Like i've said before, he put all of these qualities together the last half of the season. Now Imagine that from the beginning. 

We have a guy who has the ability to put up 35-40 TD through the air and 5-10 TD's on the ground a season. That is mindboggling.

To be fair, I've heard CRA say he wants Cam to be allowed to use all of his physical abilities. He knows Cam is a pocket passer, he doesn't want him to be stifled in the run game or the passing game.

agreed w/ all that, including the bit about CRA. it's as good and as respectable an opinion as any around here.

it's just a shame that people don't believe in respecting opinions...just attacking them if they're different. everything's got to turn into a pissing match.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com