Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bobcats/Hornets Interview Ben McLemore, Kelly Olynyk, Michael Carter-Williams, and Otto Porter At The Combine

48 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Interesting that OKC interviewed Porter. Maybe they see him as a 2? And maybe they are looking to trade up?

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't count on a trade with OKC, the picks wouldn't match up; so they would have to throw in a player as well and they really don't have the ability to do that.

Best case scenario is Ibaka and a 1st for our 1st and a player... and they might even not do that.

The trade assets just don't match up for a trade with OKC.

Posted · Report post

Bobcats have also met with Otto Porter.

Thanks! updating the OP now

Posted · Report post

Wouldn't count on a trade with OKC, the picks wouldn't match up; so they would have to throw in a player as well and they really don't have the ability to do that.

Best case scenario is Ibaka and a 1st for our 1st and a player... and they might even not do that.

The trade assets just don't match up for a trade with OKC.

I didn't mean with us. I just found it interesting that OKC interviewed him considering he is projected to be gone way before their pick and is also projected to play the same position as their star player (and arguably the 2nd best basketball player in the world).

But playing devil's advocate, would you accept Jeremy Lamb, Toronto's pick, and OKC's pick for our pick/the rights to Otto Porter*?

*This is just for argument's sake. I see this as something OKC would realistically offer but definitely not something Cho would take. I don't think Cho will trade down at all because the whole point of being so bad is to pick where we are, not gain marginal assets and pick mid-to-late lottery.

Posted · Report post

Only mildly interested in MCW and Otto Porter.

I think McLemore is going to disappear in the NBA...  Or at the very least, be extremely inconsistent.

Posted · Report post

McLemore or Noel.
I dont want a trade down at all if one of those two guys are still on the board.

Posted · Report post

I think McLemore is going to disappear in the NBA... Or at the very least, be extremely inconsistent.

Really? Why do you think so?

I think he's going to be a pretty good player. Im
no scout but IMO he's better than Beal, Waiters, and Barnes. I expect to see Ben have a rookie season like those three. Also, I view Ben as a huge upgrade over Hendo. I don't believe that he's going to dissapear in the NBA.

Posted · Report post

I didn't mean with us. I just found it interesting that OKC interviewed him considering he is projected to be gone way before their pick and is also projected to play the same position as their star player (and arguably the 2nd best basketball player in the world).

But playing devil's advocate, would you accept Jeremy Lamb, Toronto's pick, and OKC's pick for our pick/the rights to Otto Porter*?

*This is just for argument's sake. I see this as something OKC would realistically offer but definitely not something Cho would take. I don't think Cho will trade down at all because the whole point of being so bad is to pick where we are, not gain marginal assets and pick mid-to-late lottery.

Not sure, I'd have to check on that; on my phone right now so very little I can do lol.

Posted · Report post

I would love Noel, he says he will be ready by Christmas which gives us enough time to tank in hopes of sucking one more year to get Wiggins.

Posted · Report post

Victor Oladipo just told me he had a 42-inch vertical - highest in camp so far.

Another dude I honestly wouldn't mind drafting with our top pick. Dude can do everything. 

Posted · Report post

Oladipo is gonna be good, but I just dont see how you could build around him and MKG because they are so similar.  He wouldnt be the worst pick because you would certainly get a good asset, but he does nothing to address team needs