Photo
- - - - -

Bobcats/Hornets Interview Ben McLemore, Kelly Olynyk, Michael Carter-Williams, and Otto Porter At The Combine

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#16 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

Bobcats have also met with Otto Porter.

Thanks! updating the OP now

#17 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 857 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

Wouldn't count on a trade with OKC, the picks wouldn't match up; so they would have to throw in a player as well and they really don't have the ability to do that.

Best case scenario is Ibaka and a 1st for our 1st and a player... and they might even not do that.

The trade assets just don't match up for a trade with OKC.

I didn't mean with us. I just found it interesting that OKC interviewed him considering he is projected to be gone way before their pick and is also projected to play the same position as their star player (and arguably the 2nd best basketball player in the world).

But playing devil's advocate, would you accept Jeremy Lamb, Toronto's pick, and OKC's pick for our pick/the rights to Otto Porter*?

*This is just for argument's sake. I see this as something OKC would realistically offer but definitely not something Cho would take. I don't think Cho will trade down at all because the whole point of being so bad is to pick where we are, not gain marginal assets and pick mid-to-late lottery.

#18 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:45 AM

Only mildly interested in MCW and Otto Porter.

I think McLemore is going to disappear in the NBA...  Or at the very least, be extremely inconsistent.

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:07 PM

McLemore or Noel.
I dont want a trade down at all if one of those two guys are still on the board.

#20 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,947 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:09 PM

I think McLemore is going to disappear in the NBA... Or at the very least, be extremely inconsistent.

Really? Why do you think so?

I think he's going to be a pretty good player. Im
no scout but IMO he's better than Beal, Waiters, and Barnes. I expect to see Ben have a rookie season like those three. Also, I view Ben as a huge upgrade over Hendo. I don't believe that he's going to dissapear in the NBA.

#21 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:10 PM

I didn't mean with us. I just found it interesting that OKC interviewed him considering he is projected to be gone way before their pick and is also projected to play the same position as their star player (and arguably the 2nd best basketball player in the world).

But playing devil's advocate, would you accept Jeremy Lamb, Toronto's pick, and OKC's pick for our pick/the rights to Otto Porter*?

*This is just for argument's sake. I see this as something OKC would realistically offer but definitely not something Cho would take. I don't think Cho will trade down at all because the whole point of being so bad is to pick where we are, not gain marginal assets and pick mid-to-late lottery.

Not sure, I'd have to check on that; on my phone right now so very little I can do lol.

#22 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:12 PM

I would love Noel, he says he will be ready by Christmas which gives us enough time to tank in hopes of sucking one more year to get Wiggins.

#23 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:18 PM

Victor Oladipo just told me he had a 42-inch vertical - highest in camp so far.

Another dude I honestly wouldn't mind drafting with our top pick. Dude can do everything. 

#24 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Oladipo is gonna be good, but I just dont see how you could build around him and MKG because they are so similar.  He wouldnt be the worst pick because you would certainly get a good asset, but he does nothing to address team needs

#25 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 5,148 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 17 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

My wishlist:

Noel

Oladipo

McLemore

Shabazz

Wouldn't mind a trade down if Noel isn't there, since he's the "surest" thing to an All-Star caliber guy in the draft.  Just land another nice piece, even if it's a guy you could see yourself trading or trading a current player to make room for, and hope for the best in 2014.

#26 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

Cody Zeller absolutely breasted the combine, I just wish his game was more polished.

#27 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:41 PM

Cody Zeller absolutely breasted the combine, I just wish his game was more polished.

I would not invest a lottery pick with him. 

Many of the big men in this draft are guys I would not touch if I were a GM.

Olynyck 

Plumlee

Zeller

Len

Stay away. 

#28 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,434 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yeah that Adams kid out of Pitt looks like the best prospect out of the bigs to me (outside of Noel).

I'm actually coming around to Bennett out of UNLV too.

Right now, only players I really like are Noel, Oladipo, Bennett, and Adams (from what I've seen).  In all honesty, we're probably going to need to trade down.

#29 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

I would not invest a lottery pick with him.

Many of the big men in this draft are guys I would not touch if I were a GM.

Olynyck
Plumlee
Zeller
Len

Stay away.

Disagree with your assessment of Len, Len will be a solid player; the only reason he didn't live up to his potential at Maryland is because he wasn't the focal point of the offense with players like Dez Wells and Nick Faust taking the majority of the shots.

#30 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,952 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Yeah that Adams kid out of Pitt looks like the best prospect out of the bigs to me (outside of Noel).

I'm actually coming around to Bennett out of UNLV too.

Right now, only players I really like are Noel, Oladipo, Bennett, and Adams (from what I've seen). In all honesty, we're probably going to need to trade down.

Adams is not a good player... at all. I remember tuning in to his games to check him out and brings little to the game other than rebounding. No offensive game and suspect on defense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users