Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Takeo Spikes says Woodson could win us 3 games

67 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Can you be more dramatic?

Yep, Norman made a rookie mistake in his 4th game against a pro bowl WR.

I am much more willing to forgive that than a 4 year vet safety unable to make a routine play.

This comes after he completely shut down Vincent Jackson in week one and put the clamps on Colston in week two.  Then he struggled against New York, which I still say the game plan should have been for him to jam Barden instead of play off.  He struggled against Atlanta.  Up and down frustrating play is what is to be expected from rookies.  Especially fifth round rookies thrown to the fire.  I love how some huddlers have certain guys that they hold up to unreal expectations and standards.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

That's because he broke his collar bone

That is the point.  At 37 you are prone to injuries and missed time assuming you are the best player anymore.  I don't know that he would be at this point.  I could see him here as a mentor for sure but not necessarily as a starter.  there is a reason he is still unsigned.

Posted · Report post

I think Woodson would be better than Naka if he was 50 years old

Nakamura won't be starting this year if he even makes the team. 

Posted · Report post

Nakamura thought he could lay back and it would fall into his hands. Would have been perfect if roddy wasnt there. Lol!

Posted · Report post

falcons.gif

You wanna know what really sucks about this play for me personally?  I was huddled around a small cell phone screen watching this about 20 mins before I got married.  What was to be the most memorable day of my life (and still is) was marred by this heinous act.  I too get nauseous when I see this play.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Valid point.

But, there is a difference in biting on the double move.....and swallowing the the move hook, line, and sinker.

Norman was flat out juked and abused on that play.

Hope the benching late in the season wakes that boy up.

Sorry but none of that play could be attributed to norman. Nakamura has a duty as a safety to not let anyone behind him, and he allowed roddy to, its as much a fundamental part of playing the safety position as catching the ball is for the WR postition... thats why you saw him plaing 99 yards off the ball the following weeks.

Posted · Report post

You wanna know what really sucks about this play for me personally?  I was huddled around a small cell phone screen watching this about 20 mins before I got married.  What was to be the most memorable day of my life (and still is) was marred by this heinous act.  I too get nauseous when I see this play.

That's awesome....and terrible.  

Posted · Report post

Sorry but none of that play could be attributed to norman. Nakamura has a duty as a safety to not let anyone behind him, and he allowed roddy to, its as much a fundamental part of playing the safety position as catching the ball is for the WR postition... thats why you saw him plaing 99 yards off the ball the following weeks.

Agree...

And would add that it wasn't a particularly good throw by Ryan or a a great catch by White. Nakamura tried to catch a hail mary pass falling down. Very few, if any, other starting safeties in the NFL would have allowed that completion. Knock it down or go up for the INT. But always, always, always attack the ball at its highest point. Can't do that falling down.

Posted · Report post

That's awesome....and terrible.  

The only thing that saved me was that I spent the next seven days knee deep in Rum drinks, Jamaican  sand and my wife.

4 people like this

Posted · Report post

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet23s

Charles Woodson update, via agent Carl Poston. He plans on visiting #Raiders on Tuesday. He received an offer from #Broncos, is still open

Posted · Report post

Come on Getts, get out there and be somebody!!  Don't let the Raiders bid you up.  Give Woody the deal he can't walk away from, if he tries to leave "explain" the situation to him again!

Posted · Report post

To be fair (and yes Nak sucked that day and all season)....but Norman was so out of position and beaten on the play that it was just pathetic.

He was as much to blame as Nak.

THIS.... I've been saying since last year that people blame nak for that play but Norman put him in bad situation.