• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#46 DoubleTrouble34

DoubleTrouble34

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,830 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

Im gonna play devils advocate and say that Woodson wouldn't be all that much help. Who's to say that he would have made the play against Atlanta? He's not the same player he was. Doesn't matter how many all pro selections you have if you dont have the ability anymore.

That said I'd like to have him because he probably would be an upgrade but I don't think he guarantees us any wins.

So you're saying just because Woodson is past his prime he wouldn't have been able to knock down that pass?  Woodsons football awareness and positioning would have been enough to make that play. Intangibles like that do not just go away because your'e a few years past your prime, I think he would definitely be an upgrade of what we have.

#47 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Come on Getts, get out there and be somebody!!  Don't let the Raiders bid you up.  Give Woody the deal he can't walk away from, if he tries to leave "explain" the situation to him again!

Getts will NOT give him a "deal he can't walk away from".  The days of over spending for players is over.

Not to mention that Woodson would be an OK stop gap...not someone worth breaking the bank for.

#48 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,078 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:31 PM

Getts will NOT give him a "deal he can't walk away from".  The days of over spending for players is over.

Not to mention that Woodson would be an OK stop gap...not someone worth breaking the bank for.

I never suggested break the bank.  I'm trying to imply that getts puts an offer on the table and either A: he signs it or B: he never walks again.

Hence a deal he can't walk away from.

#49 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,495 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:17 PM

i'd love to have him but i don't want to become so enthralled with having cap space that we spend it on a regrettable decision.

i think regardless of what happens on this front we're going to need to find another guy that can contend to start at safety before training camp.

#50 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,955 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:23 PM

I never suggested break the bank.  I'm trying to imply that getts puts an offer on the table and either A: he signs it or B: he never walks again.

Hence a deal he can't walk away from.

My bad...I thought you meant to give him a deal that he could not refuse (as in we were willing to pay much more than any other team to ensure we got him).

#51 Catweisers

Catweisers

Catweisers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:47 PM

But if we had an inside rush would that play wouldn't have been in the hands of secondary any way.  That is why our draft made secondary better.

#52 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:05 PM

But if we had an inside rush would that play wouldn't have been in the hands of secondary any way.  That is why our draft made secondary better.

............................what?

#53 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:21 PM

Norman was beaten by almost 10 yards on that play.

He was the main reason....Nak just could not get there over the top.

hope you all are prepared for that this year

#54 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

hope you all are prepared for that this year

Ouch.

Take one play and define a players career. Well... that's stats for ya.

#55 Taro ∆

Taro ∆

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:55 PM

Did we sign him or something??

#56 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,543 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

We do not need Woodson's leadership or mentoring skills. We have plenty of leaders and coaches we already count on. Plus, who's to say he even provides any of that? He is from GB after all. They aren't know for sharing.

Maybe his playmaking ability could come in handy. But, I am of the mind that we need to let our kids, who have done well, show us what they have. If they succeed we are going to be a tough out. UNLESS there is a way to teach ball hawking, I don't want him.

So I guess I am in the we don't need his old, GB smellin, nasty azz here anywho. Now if we were in SB mode, then maybe I pick this foul odorous poor example of a human up. jk I hate GB, so I hate Woodson.

#57 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,890 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:46 PM

I realize people love to hate Nakamura and make excuses for Norman but Norman got embarrassed on that play. Nakamura was at least there to make a reasonable play on the ball. Roddy White is simply much better than either of them.

Dude, Nakamura plays safety.

SAFETY.

Do you understand the etymology of that word from a football point of view?

#58 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:57 PM

Ouch.

Take one play and define a players career. Well... that's stats for ya.

Two words. Butt. Fumble. Good day sir.

#59 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

^well played sir

#60 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,620 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:23 AM

The bottom line is that play exposed two players at 2 positions.Have we addressed those positions in FA ? Somewhat

I do not buy by drafting 2 DTs that we have fixed our secondary garbage though.I am not advocating we break the bank but it sounds like the only offers Woodson has received is the league minimum.There are two other safetys on the market and by Naka being on the team tells me we need one of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com