Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Racism on CarolinaHuddle.com

791 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't consider the tipping question to be a racist thing.

I know you don't. That's the problem.

Posted

Now, I don't think that when I see other asian guys (of which there are several in my gym)... it's just this one guy. It's not his clothes or anything like that... it's the way he appears to move and I guess to an extent the fact that he's asian.

Is that a racist stereotype?

Depends on your view of "martial arts masters". But on a base level, yes. You associate martial arts with asians, and seeing this lithe, muscular asian man, you immediately think of him as a martial artist - so on a basic level, it is racial stereotyping. 

Posted

See this is part of the issue, we can't even address statements and varying opinions about said statements without people freaking out like we are punching babies.

Posted

I know you don't. That's the problem.

It's not a problem, its a difference in opinion.

Posted

I don't consider the tipping question to be a racist thing.

It most definitely was. He was doing the exact same thing that Bwood was doing, he was just better at hiding it - apparently anyhow. 

Posted

Example: There's this asian guy that goes to my gym... he's probably 5'5", smaller buy but very muscular. He moves very... uh, gracefully is the word that comes to mind...

Everytime I see him my first thought is... that guy looks like a martial arts master.

Now, I don't think that when I see other asian guys (of which there are several in my gym)... it's just this one guy. It's not his clothes or anything like that... it's the way he appears to move and I guess to an extent the fact that he's asian.

Is that a racist stereotype?

This is hilarious

Posted

It most definitely was. He was doing the exact same thing that Bwood was doing, he was just better at hiding it - apparently anyhow. 

Does he know for a fact that SZ is a black man?

Posted

You see, for the non-racist or person who at least actively combats his/her naturally racist tendencies, the word "black" is completely unnecessary in your description, as it is wouldn't be seen as a cause for the other accompanying negative comments. However, in your tiny, proud-to-be-bigoted little brain it is absolutely critical, because the person being black is part of the cause of the undesirable traits.

There within you'll encounter the difference.

You won't get that, though.

hitnail.jpg

Posted

Does he know for a fact that SZ is a black man?

Does that fuging matter? Does he have to outright state "well assuming you are a black man" like Bwood's ignorant ass did? It was quite obviously implied based on the conversation that it occurred in. 

Posted

Important to note I have no fuging clue who most of you are, so I have no reason to not ban you.

So I am not trying to protect anyone.

1 person likes this

Posted

Also yes, SZ posted pictures in the "show your face thread". He's most definitely a black man. 

Posted

This is hilarious

Why?