Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Racism on CarolinaHuddle.com

791 posts in this topic

Posted

i had a great response formulated by page 3. it was thoughtful and evocative and would probably have illuminated a number of hidden complexities that make this issue so obtuse by nature.

then i made the mistake of reading the next eleven pages and my brain has melted from all the bullshit and that post is gone

high five, literally same thing happened to me when I went to respond to Kurb's comment re: racists having friends of different races. :P

Posted

Most of the stereotypes our society attributes to race are actually due to economics.

I agree to an extent, although one could argue that economic conditions, at least irt African Americas, are in some part due to race.   If you look at most of the races that immigrated to the US, they came here to make a better life for themselves.  Irish, German, Chinese, Japanese, Hispanics, and others have largely come here with a purpose.  And eventually managed to integrate themselves into American society.  Africans were the only race who were brought here against their will, and I do believe that made it harder for them to integrate and prosper.  They started off well behind the others. I think integration is starting to happen now, but due to many things including slavery and the Civil War, it has taken much longer than the other races. 

Posted

i had a great response formulated by page 3. it was thoughtful and evocative and would probably have illuminated a number of hidden complexities that make this issue so obtuse by nature.

then i made the mistake of reading the next eleven pages and my brain has melted from all the bullshit and that post is gone

I tend to run into the same problem. I have this great response planned, then I keep reading......eventually my original post idea gets washed away by all these other thoughts and facepalm reactions to the stupidity that I've continued to read. I end up just sniper responding to a couple posts. 

2 people like this

Posted

So 14 pages in and master shake was the only one to pony up with proof. Good on you dude.

Posted

Most of the stereotypes our society attributes to race are actually due to economics.

Very. Very true

Posted

I tend to run into the same problem. I have this great response planned, then I keep reading......eventually my original post idea gets washed away by all these other thoughts and facepalm reactions to the stupidity that I've continued to read. I end up just sniper responding to a couple posts.

high five, literally same thing happened to me when I went to respond to Kurb's comment re: racists having friends of different races. :P

I apologize for honestly trying to understand something and ask reall questions and givereal honest responses.

1 person likes this

Posted

I apologize for honestly trying to understand something and ask reall questions and givereal honest responses.

I don't believe anyone was singling you out......

Posted

I don't believe anyone was singling you out......

I grow weary of he constant arrogance in this sub forum. Those 3 comments caused my response. I shouldn't. have quoted you 3

1 person likes this

Posted

I like everyone until you give me a legitimate reason not to like you. Skin color has nothing to do with it! 

However, I would not want my daughter bringing home some dude with dreadlocks, baggy pants, and covered in tattoos. 

That certainly doesn't make you a racist.  It does tell me you're superficial and judgmental though.  Those 2 traits play nicely with racism.  

Are you kidding me? If your daughter brings home a person like that you have failed as a parent. 

And this tells me you're ignorant and close-minded.  Again, not racist but....

1 person likes this

Posted

why are you assuming my post was directed at you? i may disagree with some of your conclusions, but i appreciate your intellectual honesty in being willing to remove your ego and ask honest questions independent of your desired or presumed answer. that's what a forum is meant to be in its purest form: a social dialogue designed for multiple sources and modes of input, multivocality, and a pursuit of a better understanding of people and things by the parties involved.

again i feel there are several key complexities which have so far remained entirely unconfronted that change the framework through which we compose related questions. i will go into detail when i'm not preparing to have a human being extracted from my wife's torso

1 person likes this

Posted

KT made a thread in the news/updates section of the forum about the mods tolerant behavior when it comes to racism directed towards blacks in general (football players and forum posters). The thread mentioned is here:

It was locked rather quickly, at least in my opinion, and zod asked that the conversation take place here in the tinderbox. I'd like for that conversation to continue. I'd also like for actual examples of said racism, of any kind, to be presented. If its as common as previously explained it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to quote and post. No blanket accusations with finger pointing. Back it up.

IMHO, KT is the biggest racist on this MB how he hasn't been perma banned(if he hasn't already) is beyond me, the dude can only see things in black and white, last year he pie'd me in one thread when I complimented Cam for growing up as a QB and not 15 minutes later in another thread where I talked about some area's of Cam's game that he needed to still improve on he called me a racist for critiquing Cam's game, and I called him out on it and suddenly he was no where to be found, no retraction, no apology, those are some heavy claims to be throwing out there without repercussions.

Dude should be banned if not already.

1 person likes this

Posted

so...things I'm surprised about:

the conversation went on pretty good and was kept fairly civil....congratulations

thug is considered to be a racist term.  I have no idea why and as Panthro has stated before, I've yet to be educated on this, but if it offends some, I'll not use it, although I don't think I ever have anyway...it's just not my type of word anyway.

stereotyping is racist...why or how some feel this way is beyond me.  Just because I think an Asian guy can bust a move, is good at math and can squueze 700 HP out of a Honda Civic isn't necessarily a negative thought in my opinion. 

things I'm not surprised about, not even close:

not a single ounce of proof was submitted by those that think the huddle has a huge racism problem

to me...although there are a couple that are obvious, I haven't got the time to think of which of you is white, black, brown or blue.  As I've said before, other than LadyPanther who is baby blue, you are all black font on white background to me! 

2 people like this