#211 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:32 PM

I apologize for honestly trying to understand something and ask reall questions and givereal honest responses.

I don't believe anyone was singling you out......

#212 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,346 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:35 PM

I don't believe anyone was singling you out......

I grow weary of he constant arrogance in this sub forum. Those 3 comments caused my response. I shouldn't. have quoted you 3

#213 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I like everyone until you give me a legitimate reason not to like you. Skin color has nothing to do with it! 

However, I would not want my daughter bringing home some dude with dreadlocks, baggy pants, and covered in tattoos. 

That certainly doesn't make you a racist.  It does tell me you're superficial and judgmental though.  Those 2 traits play nicely with racism.  

Are you kidding me? If your daughter brings home a person like that you have failed as a parent. 

And this tells me you're ignorant and close-minded.  Again, not racist but....

#214 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,769 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:44 PM

I apologize for honestly trying to understand something and ask reall questions and givereal honest responses.

why are you assuming my post was directed at you? i may disagree with some of your conclusions, but i appreciate your intellectual honesty in being willing to remove your ego and ask honest questions independent of your desired or presumed answer. that's what a forum is meant to be in its purest form: a social dialogue designed for multiple sources and modes of input, multivocality, and a pursuit of a better understanding of people and things by the parties involved.

again i feel there are several key complexities which have so far remained entirely unconfronted that change the framework through which we compose related questions. i will go into detail when i'm not preparing to have a human being extracted from my wife's torso

#215 Doc Holiday

Doc Holiday

NON FACETE NOBIS CALCITRARE VESTRVM PERINAEVM

• HUDDLER
  • 3,832 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:54 PM

KT made a thread in the news/updates section of the forum about the mods tolerant behavior when it comes to racism directed towards blacks in general (football players and forum posters). The thread mentioned is here: http://www.carolinah...ver-ban-people/

It was locked rather quickly, at least in my opinion, and zod asked that the conversation take place here in the tinderbox. I'd like for that conversation to continue. I'd also like for actual examples of said racism, of any kind, to be presented. If its as common as previously explained it shouldn't take more than a few minutes to quote and post. No blanket accusations with finger pointing. Back it up.

IMHO, KT is the biggest racist on this MB how he hasn't been perma banned(if he hasn't already) is beyond me, the dude can only see things in black and white, last year he pie'd me in one thread when I complimented Cam for growing up as a QB and not 15 minutes later in another thread where I talked about some area's of Cam's game that he needed to still improve on he called me a racist for critiquing Cam's game, and I called him out on it and suddenly he was no where to be found, no retraction, no apology, those are some heavy claims to be throwing out there without repercussions.

Dude should be banned if not already.

#216 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:02 PM

so...things I'm surprised about:

the conversation went on pretty good and was kept fairly civil....congratulations

thug is considered to be a racist term.  I have no idea why and as Panthro has stated before, I've yet to be educated on this, but if it offends some, I'll not use it, although I don't think I ever have anyway...it's just not my type of word anyway.

stereotyping is racist...why or how some feel this way is beyond me.  Just because I think an Asian guy can bust a move, is good at math and can squueze 700 HP out of a Honda Civic isn't necessarily a negative thought in my opinion. 

things I'm not surprised about, not even close:

not a single ounce of proof was submitted by those that think the huddle has a huge racism problem

to me...although there are a couple that are obvious, I haven't got the time to think of which of you is white, black, brown or blue.  As I've said before, other than LadyPanther who is baby blue, you are all black font on white background to me! 

#217 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

In regards to KT. I used to just think that KT suffered from a huge persecution complex to an extreme degree. Granted, racism exists from all spectrum, but from  white towards black - KT saw racism is literally everything. I figured that this was just a honest mental problem, where he 100% believed that literally every single critique that anyone leveled against any non-white person was racially motivated. His propensity to espouse said opinion rather liberally around the huddle is what built his reputation.

Then he made a post in which he stated that "whites are genetically predisposed to being racist towards blacks" - that whites are literally racist from birth, with no outside influence. It was then that I realized that nope......he's just a racist. 

#218 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:04 PM

The comments from people saying 'everyone is racist' 'racism is a 2 way street' just simply don't get it.  Yes, in a bubble those things are true, but we don't live in a vacuum, we live in a specific time in a specific place with a specific history.  Right now, in America, racism is a one-way street.  Don't try to come up with philosophical mind puzzles to determine what is and isn't racist because it's irrelevant.  It's not real.  What is real is the well documented inequality between whites and other minorities in this country right now.  It okay to make redneck jokes because it doesn't have any negative overtones of the socioeconomic history and current state of our country.  It's not okay to make black jokes because you're making light of the fact that those types of thoughts are reasons it's harder for black people to find jobs or the fact that you're X times more likely to be jailed simply because of the color of your skin.  Yeah institutionalize racism is mostly a thing of the past but the effects of that past are still very real today.  

You aren't born with racism.  It's a learned trait, and everyone has a little bit in them growing up in this country.  The only thing to prevent it trickling down to future generations is to cut that poo out now.  That's why racism is a one-way street, because the other direction doesn't matter.  The day when people truly have equal opportunity regardless of the color of their skin then have at it, it won't matter any more.  

#219 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

The thread is locked so I can't quote it directly. So here you go - in regards to me stating that KT said that whites are born racist.

King Taharqa
The Panthers Quarterback

HUDDLER

8,721 posts
LocationBobcat Country
Posted 25 September 2012 - 09:44 AM

Years and years of demonizing the Vicks, Vince Youngs, McNabbs, etc and propping up the Peytons, Bradys, as "white knights" has taken its toll on some of our fans. They have agendas and biases that are engrained in their DNA. They love the Panthers but are forced to root for a QB they never wanted and prefer as someone to "root against", so there's this need to prove Cameron is "strange" or doing things "abnormal" from other QBs. There's this need to hold him accountable over our other team "leaders" because he's playing a position subconsciously that they feel he is unfairly playing.

#220 SZ James

SZ James

1 888 CAM PAIN

• HUDDLER
  • 7,435 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:16 PM

kt, you can't have footing in these types of discussions when you say poo like that

#221 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 19,284 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:18 PM

You guys are doing some serious over thinking.

More reason for a huddle happy hour. Anybody can hide behind their keyboard. Let's get at a table and have some drinks and laughs and see who and what you know.

In 5 mins I can tell if a white has ever been around blacks and vice versa.
The roadblock to racism to me is one group really thinks it understands another when you barely understand your own identity.

I have nothing to prove in this area of my life and don't sweat a nano second what someone on a sports mesage board thinks of my views of other people. I walk the walk and talk the talk in having a very diverse and ecclectic group of friends.

#222 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,608 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:20 PM

The comments from people saying 'everyone is racist' 'racism is a 2 way street' just simply don't get it. Yes, in a bubble those things are true, but we don't live in a vacuum, we live in a specific time in a specific place with a specific history. Right now, in America, racism is a one-way street. Don't try to come up with philosophical mind puzzles to determine what is and isn't racist because it's irrelevant. It's not real. What is real is the well documented inequality between whites and other minorities in this country right now. It okay to make redneck jokes because it doesn't have any negative overtones of the socioeconomic history and current state of our country. It's not okay to make black jokes because you're making light of the fact that those types of thoughts are reasons it's harder for black people to find jobs or the fact that you're X times more likely to be jailed simply because of the color of your skin. Yeah institutionalize racism is mostly a thing of the past but the effects of that past are still very real today.

You aren't born with racism. It's a learned trait, and everyone has a little bit in them growing up in this country. The only thing to prevent it trickling down to future generations is to cut that poo out now. That's why racism is a one-way street, because the other direction doesn't matter. The day when people truly have equal opportunity regardless of the color of their skin then have at it, it won't matter any more.

I'm not gonna get into your entire post... And while I agree that there is significant racial inequality in this country your notion that racism is a one way street is simply not true. Please expand on your meaning there.

#223 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,527 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

The comments from people saying 'everyone is racist' 'racism is a 2 way street' just simply don't get it. Yes, in a bubble those things are true, but we don't live in a vacuum, we live in a specific time in a specific place with a specific history. Right now, in America, racism is a one-way street. Don't try to come up with philosophical mind puzzles to determine what is and isn't racist because it's irrelevant. It's not real. What is real is the well documented inequality between whites and other minorities in this country right now. It okay to make redneck jokes because it doesn't have any negative overtones of the socioeconomic history and current state of our country. It's not okay to make black jokes because you're making light of the fact that those types of thoughts are reasons it's harder for black people to find jobs or the fact that you're X times more likely to be jailed simply because of the color of your skin. Yeah institutionalize racism is mostly a thing of the past but the effects of that past are still very real today.

You aren't born with racism. It's a learned trait, and everyone has a little bit in them growing up in this country. The only thing to prevent it trickling down to future generations is to cut that poo out now. That's why racism is a one-way street, because the other direction doesn't matter. The day when people truly have equal opportunity regardless of the color of their skin then have at it, it won't matter any more.

Noone cares about redneck jokes bc its just a sect of the population. Its not calling out a race at all.

#224 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • 4,731 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:38 PM

I'm not gonna get into your entire post... And while I agree that there is significant racial inequality in this country your notion that racism is a one way street is simply not true. Please expand on your meaning there.

That's kind what my post was explaining.  The issue isn't racism in and of itself, it's the ramifications of that racism.  And in this country at this particular point in time, white racism against blacks and other minorities is all that matters because that's what's damaging.  Hence my last line, once things are truly equal then it won't matter anymore.

#225 Nicks To The Colts

Nicks To The Colts

shitpost around the clock

• HUDDLER
  • 9,344 posts
  • LocationChapel Hill

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

i'm a white guy working at a hbcu

that has to be worth something right

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.