• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 mbarbour21

mbarbour21

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:31 AM

If Cam becomes a superstar, like a few believe he will, he will be marketable no matter where he plays. The team might not be, but they will get a lot more coverage than now. Besides, he was marketable before he ever took an nfl snap. Winning will bring media attention.

#17 raleigh-panther

raleigh-panther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,307 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:57 AM

On the contrary, I will purchase nothing Griffin the third endorses because Redskin fans are idiots.

As usual, words of great wisdom spoken by SCP.  They are idiots.  Thank God the Panthers beat the crap out of RG III last year.

...as for RG III, quoting from the Color Purple, Shug Avery:  'you sho is ugly'.

#18 Baby Andy Reid

Baby Andy Reid

finally someone fatter than Alice

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:52 AM

I disagree with if we win it only makes Cam marketable. Just look at okc in basketball. Now THAT is a tiny market. Everyone loves those guys now because they started winning. Durant and Westbrook are all over the place. If we win cam wont be the only player that cashs in, and the four letter will be sucking on the teet. That said, its pretty impressive that Cam has done all he has, playing here, being 15-19 in the nfl.

#19 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Ouch...that was a tough one to swallow

Good thing that moron doesn't know what he's talking about.

#20 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

I can't fugging wait to see Cam in the playoffs.

#21 PiratePanther189

PiratePanther189

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

I wonder how ESPN feels with their columnists criticizing the Charlotte market considering Charlotte is the hub for two of their TV networks (ESPNU and SEC Network)

#22 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

I wonder how ESPN feels with their columnists criticizing the Charlotte market considering Charlotte is the hub for two of their TV networks (ESPNU and SEC Network)

Not to mention the fact that it's like the 7th largest market in the entire country. 

#23 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,417 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:23 PM

Well this article is encouraging....

[q]“He’s playing in Carolina," Shabelman said. "If they’re undefeated and they’re 12-0 going into the last five weeks of the season, that’s great, but they’re still in Carolina, and that’s not a major market. Sometimes people even forget there’s a team there.” [/q]

and that's just in and around charlotte. that's why people show up to games wearing jerseys from other teams. they think that it's like watching the harlem globetrotters playing some local group of scrubs that got thrown together to make their favorite team look good.

#24 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:55 PM

and that's just in and around charlotte. that's why people show up to games wearing jerseys from other teams. they think that it's like watching the harlem globetrotters playing some local group of scrubs that got thrown together to make their favorite team look good.

haha Ruthless.

#25 wareagleflyboy

wareagleflyboy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

Well this article is encouraging....

[q]“He’s playing in Carolina," Shabelman said. "If they’re undefeated and they’re 12-0 going into the last five weeks of the season, that’s great, but they’re still in Carolina, and that’s not a major market. Sometimes people even forget there’s a team there.” [/q]

Me and one of my good friend who is a Falcons Fan discussed this.  Just because both teams are in the Southeast and Not in Florida automatically get both us and the Falcons Overlooked.    They went 13-3 last year and hardly got any media coverage.  I would much rather fly under the radar and not get much media press rather  than being someone like the Eagles or Cowboys, and get tons of media coverage each year and having to live up to unnecessary expectations that the media makes despite if they are reachable or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com