Photo
- - - - -

Looks like the Hornets are officially back!

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#31 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,708 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

I still don't quite understand why someone would support the Hornets, but refuse to support the Bobcats. It's still our local team. I mean, I definitely do want the Hornets back, and would probably buy more Hornets merchandise (only have a few Bobcat things), but that's only because I like the color scheme a lot more. I'll always support my local teams. 

I think it's because when they left, we all lost interest. And this new team was just a cheap really bad knock off of what we used to have. Bad name, bad colors, bad team. It never filled the hole left inside when the Hornets left.

#32 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,739 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Awesome news. Just wish the history of our team didnt stay with the Pelicans.

#33 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,708 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:05 PM

Awesome news. Just wish the history of our team didnt stay with the Pelicans.

Well technically it is, but we as fans don't have to see it that way. I always believed that in sports, the team belongs to the city where it started.

#34 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

I think it's because when they left, we all lost interest. And this new team was just a cheap really bad knock off of what we used to have. Bad name, bad colors, bad team. It never filled the hole left inside when the Hornets left.

I suppose that I can see that. I wasn't a big basketball fan back in the 90's or even the very early 2000's. I was a huge baseball fanatic and didn't really get into basketball until 2003 or so. I guess that I didn't really pay much attention to or care for the Hornets. 

#35 Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • LocationMy House.

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Good news dude.

#36 Edward Teach

Edward Teach

#PanthersMafia

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

So, we don't get Bobby Phils' jersey back? 

Never played in New Orleans.

Never played for the Pelicans.

#37 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:12 PM

James Dator also pointed out how the team was even advertising for like new graphic and web designers and poo like that, this is all adding up.  I can't see this not being true at this point.  More info hopefully this week, they better bring the teal and purple back.  It needs to be a full-fledged rebrand.

#38 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,012 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

BTW, it the Miami Heat can retire Michael Jordan's jersey and hang it in the rafters, we can throw up some Bogues, Curry, Tripucka, Grandmama, and ZO jerseys.

jordan-jersey-miami-751361.jpg

#39 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,708 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:37 PM

BTW, it the Miami Heat can retire Michael Jordan's jersey and hang it in the rafters, we can throw up some Bogues, Curry, Tripucka, Grandmama, and ZO jerseys.

jordan-jersey-miami-751361.jpg

whats up with that?

#40 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,012 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:44 PM

I'm not even joking. Pat Riley had them hang MJs jersey and has retired the number 23 for Heat players.

#41 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,515 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm not even joking. Pat Riley had them hang MJs jersey and has retired the number 23 for Heat players.

I think it might have to do with LeBron saying that the NBA needs to retire number 23, so the Heat took the initiative to make sure no one on the Heat can wear 23.

#42 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,012 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

I think this happened before Lebron was even thinking about going there. Not 100% sure on that but I think it was before

Edit: I just looked it up. Jordan's number was retired by miami in 2003.

#43 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,604 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm very happy about this.  I am concerned about the possibility of massive financial losses for next year for the team though, seeing how we'll have a lame duck name and logo.   If the NBA was serious about making some more money, and helping the franchise out, they would send this through immediately so the team doesn't have to eat an even more horrible fiscal year in addition to the cost of the name change.

#44 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,604 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

I'm very happy about this.  I am concerned about the possibility of massive financial losses for next year for the team though, seeing how we'll have a lame duck name and logo.   If the NBA was serious about making some more money, and helping the franchise out, they would send this through immediately so the team doesn't have to eat an even more horrible fiscal year in addition to the cost of the name change.

#45 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,708 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:27 PM

I think this happened before Lebron was even thinking about going there. Not 100% sure on that but I think it was before

Edit: I just looked it up. Jordan's number was retired by miami in 2003.

That's pretty stupid

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users