72 replies to this topic

#1 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:05 AM

Sometime the hidden gems determine the fate of you team.Look at what Hardy and Josh Thomas contributed last year or Victor Cruz for the Giants.

My pick is Brandon Williams.He is an athletic freak at  6ft 4 and 250 lbs.The guy also has a great story. Some qualities I like about him is he is first and foremost he is a great athlete playing both football and basketball, he has taken care of his body, he graduated from college and shows he has initiative and brains. and finally he is humble and knows he will have to outwork everyone 

http://www.charlotte...ct-brandon.html

#2 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

I'm going with Beer Vender #8.  That guys a beast.

#3 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,372 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:58 AM

Not including rookies, I'll go with Josh Thomas if we're talking about people that very few outsiders would have ever heard of that could contribute in a big way. 

If we're just talking about guys that haven't really played yet coming out of nowhere to contribute I'll hazard a guess at Lamont Bryant.

#4 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,335 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Lamont Bryant

Nelson Rosario 

Melvin White

Robert Lester

Joe Adams

Brandon Williams

I think one maybe two of those guys will be a good player for us for a long time. 

Fingers are crossed anyways. Would be nice if Gettleman could find our Victor Cruz at any position. 

#5 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:06 AM

Not including rookies, I'll go with Josh Thomas if we're talking about people that very few outsiders would have ever heard of that could contribute in a big way. 

If we're just talking about guys that haven't really played yet coming out of nowhere to contribute I'll hazard a guess at Lamont Bryant.

I think JThomas has already passed the litmus test by what he did last year.He is certainly a gem that I feel will continue to pay great dividends.There are not to many cbs that come out of nowhere like he did.Lamont Bryant seems to have all the assets.Robert Lester may also be one that surprises.

#6 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:13 AM

Bryant was the choice when this question was asked to a couple players.

#7 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 4,550 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Just had a dream Julius Peppers came home on a cheap deal lol. No one knew he was on the the team until he got a sack week 1 against the seahawks. Very strange...

Didnt wana make a thread but wanted to share lol

#8 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,613 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:20 AM

Bryant was the choice when this question was asked to a couple players.

It would be awesome if both Williams and Bryant turned the corner....you would have a big fast WR and TE.Our prayers would be answered .

#9 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:58 AM

There are always a few guys who are undrafted who make the team.  Those by definition are hidden gems.  Cam't wait until camp to see who they are this year. Anyone we pick now would not qualify as hidden unless we are Nostradamus.

#10 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:11 AM

Hoping B. Williams steps up. It'd be great to find a Gates type TE.

Really hoping that a WR not named Smith or LaFell steps up. But who? Got no clue.

I also think that Ginn will be HUGE for this team. We've been horrible in the return game for some time. As a result, we've had to drive 80+ yards more than not. Short field position will help the O. And will lead to more scoring drives. (Not really hidden tho)

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,659 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:12 AM

I'll go with Bryant who I was high on last year and Robert Lester. I think Barner is as well but is less "hidden."

#12 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,397 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

Man I hope Bryant pans out.  Dude has Megatron-esque athletic freak levels... he has decent hands from what I remember seeing in that limited sample during preseason, and some other players seem high on him, just needs to polish up that route-running and other poo I guess.

Dude has all the physical potential in the world to be a future #1 if he steps his game up and improves on all the little ins and outs of being a WR.

#13 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,667 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Bryant was my guy who I hoped would really step up and show potential last year.  I still hope he can do it but then again I really liked Taye Biddle and we all see how that worked out.  I don't seem to do any better than the Panthers in liking guys who don't pan out.

#14 Lemory

Lemory

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,336 posts
  • LocationRivera's Doghouse

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:59 AM

Robert Lester ,Melvin White or Tori Mobley. These guys just have that look about them ya know?

#15 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,075 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:21 AM

Linden Gaydosh

6'3" and 320 lbs. + has aspirations of being a farmer = country potential

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users