132 replies to this topic

#1 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:30 AM

http://charlotte.cbs...res-but-beason/

When the free agency frenzy this offseason started for the NFL, I kept being told Panthers linebacker Jon Beason, who is making a ridiculous $10 million a year, had zero incentive to restructure his deal. I couldn’t have disagreed more and all my arguments as to why are coming to fruition with all his teammates, yet Beason hasn’t and/or won’t.

Carolina should tell him, if you restructure your deal this year by taking a 50 percent pay cut, we will guarantee you money next year, as well. They could also load it with incentives and reward him for helping out the team this year.

However, apparently that’s not going to happen. By all accounts, Beason isn’t going to restructure. And if true, that speaks volumes.

And because of that, regardless of what type of season he has, the Panthers should cut him at the end of the season. He won’t help them, so they shouldn’t help him.

He’s simply not worth it.

Pretty harsh, and as much as I love Beason I can't find it in me to disagree. 

#2 vorbis

vorbis

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:36 AM

this article gets a lot of things wrong.  also, allowing negative emotion to dictate personnel moves sounds like a horrible idea ("well, screw HIM").  he also does not indicate that he has actual inside information that beason has been approached for restructure and declined.  soooo, nice sandcastle argument, i guess?  *kicks it over*

#3 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,857 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:41 AM

He really should just take a pay cut...20mil in the bank already for rehabing. fkin marty.

#4 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

His is he only Jersey I have ever owned but unfortunately he seems to be all talk about coming back stronger the past two years. I don't fault him for being injured or being reluctant to restructure. However when you are a leader, which he seems to pride himself on, you need to act on it.

#5 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,047 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

Even if he plays very well this season, he is wildly over paid for an OLB.

He either restructures next year or will be released.

#6 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:51 AM

Yeah man. The way he played last year wasn't the Beason I knew. He was very mediocre the games he played.

#7 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,520 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:58 AM

Yeah man. The way he played last year wasn't the Beason I knew. He was very mediocre most of the year.

While I understand what you mean and agree, 4 games doesn't make "most of the year".

#8 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

Who's Brett Jensen?

#9 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,899 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:00 AM

While I understand what you mean and agree, 4 games doesn't make "most of the year".

My brain wasn't functioning properly. Thanks man.

#10 cookinbrak

cookinbrak

tastes like chicken...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,898 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

How much would we save if we cut him? That was the argument with DWill and Gross.

#11 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:09 AM

Who's Brett Jensen?

A journalist in the Charlotte area. He's been around a decent while I believe.

#12 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,728 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

The Panthers haven't even approached him about taking a pay cut according to Joe Person.  At this point they may not even feel that it's necessary being that they have a reported $9.8 mil in cap space.

#13 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

The Panthers haven't even approached him about taking a pay cut according to Joe Person.  At this point they may not even feel that it's necessary being that they have a reported $9.8 mil in cap space.

If so that changes everything in terms of how I view him. That's hard to believe considering he seems to be the best candidate for such a restructure.

#14 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Leaders lead - so far Beason hasnt.

#15 Pantherxtreme

Pantherxtreme

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Who's Brett Jensen?

Probably should take what he says with a grain of salt that guy absolutely loathes the Panthers and isn't shy about letting everyone know this, he will take any chance to take a shot at the Panthers.

I think everybody can see based on production the past two seasons that Beason is being overpaid, I think other than that fact he's just speculating out of thin air as to the rest of his article. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.