Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scathing article about Beason and his contract

133 posts in this topic

Posted

If Carolina is "forced" to cut the man who holds the worst contract in Panther history? They will be cutting him essentially bc he WANTS to not be here.

You said he would take over Peppers position for the way he exited, this is wrong for a number of reasons. Maybe at face value it seems that way but,

1. Beason's natural position has been taken over by Keek

and

2. Beason was a leader and worked hard when he was here, the injury bug aside he worked his ass off

If he wants to not be here, it's because he wants to play MLB. Completely different situation than Peppers when you don't look at it from face value.

Posted

lol Beason gets hurt two seasons in a row and the fans have already written him off... terrible.

Thomas Davis and Adrian Peterson both say what's good.

Posted

You said he would take over Peppers position for the way he exited, this is wrong for a number of reasons. Maybe at face value it seems that way but,

1. Beason's natural position has been taken over by Keek

and

2. Beason was a leader and worked hard when he was here, the injury bug aside he worked his ass off

If he wants to not be here, it's because he wants to play MLB. Completely different situation than Peppers when you don't look at it from face value.

It isn't an apples to apples scenario....but Beason will be opting to move on and will have completely ripped us off before exiting. That is a worse scenario IMO than when Peppers.

Keep in mind, I have zero issue with Peppers leaving. I think the Pep hate is absurd...so people will finally need to back off that hate IMO.

And I won't blame Beason for it....as I always argue NFL players view things as business. Players don't just do stuff for a team....that is always a bonus when it helps while they look out for themselves. I have been saying for awhile he wouldn't restructure....and is already looking to move on to play MLB. He views himself as one of the best MLBs in the NFL....and which is why he pimps Luke as the best in the league already. The #2 best shouldn't e a backup or playing OLB

Posted

the short term memory of this board and NFL fans in general is astounding. this guy was a premier player for us prior to his injuries. he is going to make most of you eat your words next year. also, it's not his fault he was given this contract. would you go up to your boss and say, "you know, I realized all I do here is dick around on the internet all day and only do about 30 minutes of real work, can you please dock my pay?"

5 people like this

Posted

lol Beason gets hurt two seasons in a row and the fans have already written him off... terrible.

Thomas Davis and Adrian Peterson both say what's good.

Thomas Davis wasn't the highest paid MLB in NFL history while rehabbing in hopes to comeback and play OLB....and Peterson still had his job to return to as one of the few featured RBs in the NFL.

Cost always matters. Same with those annoying RB threads. Anyone would love our RBs...cost always is what drove those talks

Posted

It isn't an apples to apples scenario....but Beason will be opting to move on and will have completely ripped us off before exiting. That is a worse scenario IMO than when Peppers.

Keep in mind, I have zero issue with Peppers leaving. I think the Pep hate is absurd...so people will finally need to back off that hate IMO.

And I won't blame Beason for it....as I always argue NFL players view things as business. Players don't just do stuff for a team....that is always a bonus when it helps while they look out for themselves. I have been saying for awhile he wouldn't restructure....and is already looking to move on to play MLB. He views himself as one of the best MLBs in the NFL....and which is why he pimps Luke as the best in the league already. The #2 best shouldn't e a backup or playing OLB

Yea, I agree with all of that, but from a fan perspective, it's just a lot different because of the player Beason was compared to Peppers. But from a business perspective yes Beason is much, much worse.

Posted

Yeah man. The way he played last year wasn't the Beason I knew. He was very mediocre the games he played.

Not easy to tackle with a bum shoulder.

If he can get healthy this year you will see a complete turn around on the attitude towards him. Many people will begin back tracking.

2 people like this

Posted

Not easy to tackle with a bum shoulder.

If he can get healthy this year you will see a complete turn around on the attitude towards him. Many people will begin back tracking.

Even if he is healthy is he worth the contract to play OLB? Does he want to play OLB and take a paycut? I know you know him personally, so have you heard him say anything?

I want a healthy Beason to stay here, love the dude, but is he worth that contract when we have so many other holes on the roster?

Posted

Unless you've ever voluntarily asked for a payout because your job duties changed, your opinion on this matter is not valid.

Don't blame someone for getting what they can on a contract. If you hate the contract, hate the people paying it. Not collecting it.

3 people like this

Posted

Oh how quick fans forget about an All-Pro LB. Is he overpaid? Sure, but he also earned the contract by being a Top 5 LB in the NFL and being our leader on defense.

Unless Beason refuses a restructure or paycut when G-Man finally approaches him about it, then I see nothing wrong with what he's doing. Players only have a limited-short window to make enough cash for retirement.

Posted

Oh how quick fans forget about an All-Pro LB. Is he overpaid? Sure, but he also earned the contract by being a Top 5 LB in the NFL and being our leader on defense.

Unless Beason refuses a restructure or paycut when G-Man finally approaches him about it, then I see nothing wrong with what he's doing. Players only have a limited-short window to make enough cash for retirement.

Yes...but in the NFL...what you did 3 years ago shouldn't hold much stock. Average career is only 3 years for a variety of reasons.

Posted

Yes...but in the NFL...what you did 3 years ago shouldn't hold much stock. Average career is only 3 years for a variety of reasons.

Beason hasn't had an average career, now has he? Jon has been unlucky these past two seasons with injuries but I'm not going to dismiss him for it yet.