Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Scathing article about Beason and his contract

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
132 replies to this topic

#13 csx

csx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

The Panthers haven't even approached him about taking a pay cut according to Joe Person.  At this point they may not even feel that it's necessary being that they have a reported $9.8 mil in cap space.

If so that changes everything in terms of how I view him. That's hard to believe considering he seems to be the best candidate for such a restructure.

#14 Creep59

Creep59

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 AM

Leaders lead - so far Beason hasnt.

#15 Pantherxtreme

Pantherxtreme

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Who's Brett Jensen?

Probably should take what he says with a grain of salt that guy absolutely loathes the Panthers and isn't shy about letting everyone know this, he will take any chance to take a shot at the Panthers.

I think everybody can see based on production the past two seasons that Beason is being overpaid, I think other than that fact he's just speculating out of thin air as to the rest of his article. 

#16 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Even if he plays very well this season, he is wildly over paid for an OLB.

He either restructures next year or will be released.

If you are Beason...why not take every dime you can...get released and go play MLB somewhere.

#17 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

How much would we save if we cut him? That was the argument with DWill and Gross.

Nothing. Lose cap space.

He is pretty much uncuttable....and knows it.

#18 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:26 AM

The article was poorly written with "carolinahuddle" type grammatical errors, but as a fan I agree with the message. However, if I'm John Beason, I'm not approaching the team and volunteering for a pay cut. That would be stupid. As much as us fans want to believe guys play in the NFL because they simply love the game, the fact is NFL is a very successful business, first and foremost. Grab the money while you can.

#19 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

If so that changes everything in terms of how I view him. That's hard to believe considering he seems to be the best candidate for such a restructure.

What's in it for Beason?

Nothing. He can go play MLB next year for someone else and essentially rape us for millions.

Beason IMO easily should replace Peppers if the seemingly obvious story plays out...his departure will be much worse

#20 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

I never blame a player for grabbing the money. Marty and JR are the idiots that penned the ridiculous contracts.

#21 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:34 AM

I think as fans you would like to believe Beason would do this, especially because of what we've heard him say about the Panthers (building a dynasty, what he's said about keek,ect.). Bottom line, this is a business. I expect next year Beason to be restructure or he will be cut.

This article was trash. It made it seam like Beason is a bad guy for not restructuring, which he isn't.  It would be nice, but he's not a bad guy.

#22 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:35 AM

What's in it for Beason?

Nothing. He can go play MLB next year for someone else and essentially rape us for millions.

Beason IMO easily should replace Peppers if the seemingly obvious story plays out...his departure will be much worse

no.

#23 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:40 AM

no.

If Carolina is "forced" to cut the man who holds the worst contract in Panther history? They will be cutting him essentially bc he WANTS to not be here.

Doesn't matter how he plays...if we cut him after this year his extension will of been the worst in our history... And not restructuring means Beason is simply taking the cash and preferring to move on to a different team.

How would Pep be worse?

#24 IamSoClutch

IamSoClutch

CaptainCam

HUDDLER

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:45 AM

yea fug beason. he knows what he's doing thats why he's always praising luke. he's laughing to the bank