Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This guy breaks down our draft perfectly...almost. Must read the Huddle.

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Kug-bee-la

False. I asked him how to pronounce it on twitter and he said the G is silent.

1 person likes this

Posted

Mike fuger

About to say the same thing.

Posted

koo-billa

Posted

I was unaware that we lost Mike Goodson to the Jets in FA.

I'm pretty sure we traded him to the raiders last year. They lost him in fa.

Posted

Yea, there are a handful of issues, all pointed out in the comments section. 

"Great read! A couple of slight issues; The Panthers did not lose Goodson to the Jets via FA, he was traded to the Raiders for tackle Bruce Campbell prior to last season. The Panthers also do not have a "full complement of picks" next year, as they traded their 7th round pick to the 49ers for S Colin Jones. Finally, I think you may have misspelled Mike fuger's name. I don't remember him on the rotation of defensive lineman......"

Posted

I've heard it pronounced Koobeela

Posted

There is definitely a Mike Fuger, he just doesn't play for the Panthers.

Posted

Great read and thanks for posting.

One thing of particular interest to me was the author mentioning that Barner could see time in the slot this year and play a similar roll in our offense and special teams that Tavon Austin will in St. Louis. Barner's potential in the slot hasn't crossed my mind and I'm hoping Shula can draft up and install some wrinkles in our offense to get Barner quite a bit of touches because he is a potential home run threat if he makes the first guy miss.

I kind of doubt Barner can beat out some of our other slot candidates like Joe Adams and Pilares or Hixon. He simply doesn't have much experience at WR but I could see us running some sweeps and reverses with Adams and Barner pretty frequently. 

I'd love if Barner could be a Tavon Austin-lite for this team. 

1 person likes this

Posted

I think Barner's roll on this team is going to increase as the year progresses.  I would love to see him used as that scat back, motioning into the slot, getting covered by the SLB on a deep fade to the endzone, touchdown! touchdown! the Panthers beat the Flacons in Atlanta to secure the NFC South and top seed in the playoffs in week 17! 

I know, this is a little far fetched, we should have the NFC South locked up well before week 17

Posted

He must have been reading the Huddle because the article now has the correct If on Goodson and next year 7th rounder.

I don't know if he reads the huddle or not.  Of course many will say he is a homer but anyone that knows this team knows he is spot on.

I like that he continually reminds us that Short and Star will be apart of a rotation.  They won't be required to take a large majority of the snaps.   Edwards and Star would be a sweet combo and probably be the starting DTs. 

It was nice to read an article where someone wasn't blatantly hating on the Panthers.

Posted

Someone called him out in the comments section (No idea who that could have been).  He responded right away with the corrections.  Seems like a solid guy

Posted

I figured I should get this down before the season starts, how the hell do you pronounce Kugbila?

Gawd-Zee-Rah

5 people like this