Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheRumGone

Rivera: Panthers' new offense will be more of a collaberative effort

113 posts in this topic

Remember when we could not finish out games? Its cause chud sucks at calling a basic offense. I think The kid i played on madden last night could have looked genious with Cam Newton at the helm...

Yeah, anyone could look all creative and clevar with Cam imo.

Remember when we could not finish out games? Its cause chud sucks at calling a basic offense. I think The kid i played on madden last night could have looked genious with Cam Newton at the helm...

Yeah, anyone could look all creative and clevar with Cam imo.

Yep...Chud was greatly overrated. I got blasted for it....but he wasn't good.

Playing calling was questionable from the start of 2011 until he left. Too often Chud would was to score or move the hard way when the easy way....running Cam or a RB was the painfully obvious.

Cam could of asked any OC to let him have read option looks incorporated into his playbook. We have seen the same thing with Wash, Sea, SF. That isn't the mark of a great OC....a bad OC is being inches away from a TD and putting Cam and 3 RBs on the shelf.

1 person likes this

Good info.  I remember the games we lost---Tampa Bay, Seattle, etc. when we could not get the offense going...

I agree that the defensive stats are fool's gold.  I never felt that we had a top 10 defense, but there are stats out there that suggest it. 

The game score tells you we where a top 10 defense .............we lost most of our games by couple of points 

Long story short. This year we will not try to fit a round peg into a square hole.

Rivera has a long history of getting the most out of players because he knows how to use them. I think he is hoping Shula can do the same on offense.

Winning can make anyone look like a genius......it comes down to player execution and game plans that plays to your team strength.......and we are going back to it with ground and pound..... The offense is going to live or die by the running game.......what people need to be more concerned about is the Offensive line 

My concern is if Shula and Rivera are the game day collaborators. What have either shown to instill confidence in their game day decision making. I mean who's gonna make the calls when the clock is winding down and we need a FG to win? You trust Chico? You trust Shula?

1 person likes this

My concern is if Shula and Rivera are the game day collaborators. What have either shown to instill our confidence in their game day decision making. I mean who's gonna make the calls when the clock is winding down and we need a FG to win? You trust Chico? You trust Shula?

No, but who else is there? I think from my understanding of the article, there will be a collaborative effort in between gamedays, i.e from the players, other coaches. But on gamedays it'll be Shula's call, with Cam being able to audible when he sees fit.

Or Cam could just pull a Willie Beaman and change the plays in the huddle.

No, but who else is there? I think from my understanding of the article, there will be a collaborative effort in between gamedays, i.e from the players, other coaches. But on gamedays it'll be Shula's call, with Cam being able to audible when he sees fit.

Or Cam could just pull a Willie Beaman and change the plays in the huddle.

That type of pregame collaboration is common place. I just don't want two guys saying "What do we do?" on Sunday. There should be one voice on Sunday, not a bunch of guys throwing there ideas in the ring. That very well may be how it goes. Clock management and getting plays in and out in a timely manner is vital. This could just be another opportunity for Ron to misuse our timeouts.

That type of pregame collaboration is common place. I just don't want two guys saying "What do we do?" on Sunday. There should be one voice on Sunday, not a bunch of guys throwing there ideas in the ring. That very well may be how it goes. Clock management and getting plays in and out in a timely manner is vital. This could just be another opportunity for Ron to misuse our timeouts.

I dunno dude that collaboration was evidently not there with Chud. But I think Rivera makes the call on clock management and the coordinators make the game-time decisions. I don't see Rivera telling Shula what to call unless it is becoming a problem. But who knows.

Winning can make anyone look like a genius......it comes down to player execution and game plans that plays to your team strength.......and we are going back to it with ground and pound..... The offense is going to live or die by the running game.......what people need to be more concerned about is the Offensive line

Ground and pound is over here. Can we run better and utilize RBs more? Sure....

But this isn't a ground and pound team with Newton as the QB