Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quentin Jammer

68 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

HEY! Let's settle for fine!!!!!!!!

Posted · Report post

It might just be me, but I'm not big on these "old" guys, unless it's for a one year deal and it's super cheap.

Not to be a debbie downer, but this Panthers team is a playoff team; not a Super Bowl team so there is no need to try to fill a position with a vet that will only be here for a year max when we can just wait (address the need in next years draft) and use the money more wisely (re-sign Hardy).

With that said, I would be for a Kerry Rhodes, Quetin Jammar, Charles Woodson deal if and only if it is a one year deal it's a super cheap deal.

Also Jammar would need to switch to safety, there is no reason to replace one of young corners (Munnerlyn, Moore, Norman, Dockery, Thomas, and even Melvin White) with an old vet who may or may not be better than one of our young corners.

Posted · Report post

Fackin DP

Posted · Report post

IMO he isn't worth more than a 1 year vet minimum. QJ probably wants more than that.

Posted · Report post

he would no way be an upgrade on who we already have at the spot. 4 years ago, yeah this would be a good move.

Posted · Report post

Maybe at the Vet minimum. He's not gonna single handedly add wins. He's not our missing piece.

Posted · Report post

Vet minimum for more competition at the position I am for, anything more than that would be Hurney-like.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

he would no way be an upgrade on who we already have at the spot. 4 years ago, yeah this would be a good move.

you say that with such certainty, i respectfully disagree.  definitely not a long-term solution but he would be an instant starter

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

you say that with such certainty, i respectfully disagree.  definitely not a long-term solution but he would be an instant starter

agreed. it's not difficult to believe that he'd be better than guys we have on the roster and would be an added strength. it's quite likely he'd be a starter.

Posted · Report post

Jammer's play the last several years has declined sharply. Pro Football Focus ranked him one of the worst cornerbacks in 2012; that ranking said Jammer allowed 1st downs/touchdowns in 7.13 percent of his snaps (18th worst). He allowed eight touchdowns (tied for second most) and gave up more than 6 yards per game in penalties.

PFF ranked Jammer the second-worst free agent cornerback on the market, with a -10.0 grade for 2012. It's hardly a surprise that no one has taken a shot at the veteran.

his play has declined over the last couple of years, plus he gets to many flags thrown on him. he would not be an upgrade to the CBs already here.

Posted · Report post

Mentioned earlier that he has lost a step.  And he might have but the experience he has can easily make up for that step.  Guy hasn't been in the NFL for that many years and not learned a thing or two about being a quality CB.

Posted · Report post

Maybe he should do like Woodson did and try a move to safety.