#31 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,166 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 20 May 2013 - 09:11 PM

Vet minimum for more competition at the position I am for, anything more than that would be Hurney-like.

#32 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,143 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:27 PM

he would no way be an upgrade on who we already have at the spot. 4 years ago, yeah this would be a good move.

you say that with such certainty, i respectfully disagree.  definitely not a long-term solution but he would be an instant starter

#33 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,730 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

you say that with such certainty, i respectfully disagree.  definitely not a long-term solution but he would be an instant starter

agreed. it's not difficult to believe that he'd be better than guys we have on the roster and would be an added strength. it's quite likely he'd be a starter.

#34 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,523 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Jammer's play the last several years has declined sharply. Pro Football Focus ranked him one of the worst cornerbacks in 2012; that ranking said Jammer allowed 1st downs/touchdowns in 7.13 percent of his snaps (18th worst). He allowed eight touchdowns (tied for second most) and gave up more than 6 yards per game in penalties.

PFF ranked Jammer the second-worst free agent cornerback on the market, with a -10.0 grade for 2012. It's hardly a surprise that no one has taken a shot at the veteran.

his play has declined over the last couple of years, plus he gets to many flags thrown on him. he would not be an upgrade to the CBs already here.

#35 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Superior Member

• HUDDLER
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationMelfa

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:12 PM

Mentioned earlier that he has lost a step.  And he might have but the experience he has can easily make up for that step.  Guy hasn't been in the NFL for that many years and not learned a thing or two about being a quality CB.

#36 bababoey

bababoey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Locationcorner of drunk and stupid

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:50 PM

Maybe he should do like Woodson did and try a move to safety.

#37 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,375 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

Maybe he should do like Woodson did and try a move to safety.

Damn man....have not seen you around here in a while.  Where have you been hiding?

#38 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,192 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:58 PM

It might just be me, but I'm not big on these "old" guys, unless it's for a one year deal and it's super cheap.

Not to be a debbie downer, but this Panthers team is a playoff team; not a Super Bowl team so there is no need to try to fill a position with a vet that will only be here for a year max when we can just wait (address the need in next years draft) and use the money more wisely (re-sign Hardy).

With that said, I would be for a Kerry Rhodes, Quetin Jammar, Charles Woodson deal if and only if it is a one year deal it's a super cheap deal.

Also Jammar would need to switch to safety, there is no reason to replace one of young corners (Munnerlyn, Moore, Norman, Dockery, Thomas, and even Melvin White) with an old vet who may or may not be better than one of our young corners.

How do you say this team is a playoffs team?  They went 7-9 last year, play in one of the toughest divisions, of which all of the teams have arguably made more moves to get better than we have. 

#39 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,540 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

How do you say this team is a playoffs team? They went 7-9 last year, play in one of the toughest divisions, of which all of the teams have arguably made more moves to get better than we have.

Cam Netwon... Cam Newton can easily carry this team to the playoffs with a solid performance

Dominant front seven... self explanatory

One of the best back fields in the NFL... self explanatory...

New OC... we will no longer be running a gimmick offense...

Need I say more?

#40 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:19 PM

How do you say this team is a playoffs team?  They went 7-9 last year, play in one of the toughest divisions, of which all of the teams have arguably made more moves to get better than we have. 

If they've arguably made more moves to get better, then it's also arguable that they haven't. Depends on your perspective, but as a Panther fan, I choose to come here and be optimistic about next season. If I can't be optimistic at this time of the year out of the whole year, what's the point of coming to this board?

Life is depressing enough. Why try to step on our happy?

#41 Sloth

Sloth

idk

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:20 PM

Because we were about 3 or 4 bad plays away from a wildcard berth last season. We'd have been bumped out pretty much right away, but still.

Also, not sure why you think we're being lapped by our division. If anything, we seem to be neck and neck with everyone else.

• Tampa filled in their secondary but lost their pass rush.
  • Atlanta filled in their secondary but you and I could play DE/DT for them.
  • Saints are switching defensive alignments and are coming off a season in which they set records for being horrible on defense. Grabbed a S.

We've already got the biggest piece in place (pass rush) and really bolstered the DLine.  Our secondary is suspect. We match up well against the current best team in the division (ATL).

Personally, I think we have a pretty decent shot of making the playoffs, barring something unforeseen.

#42 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Cam fumbles or Nak does not brain fart.....we beat Atlanta.

Smitty does not fall down after we dominated Chicago all day....we beat Chicago

Cam does not throw the 4yd pass into the dirt instead of to a wide open Hartsock...we beat Seattle

Rivera does not brain fart and play prevent against TB (while up by 11 with 3 min to go)...we beat TB

This team was easily a 10 win team last season...plain and simple.

If we would have won 2-3 of those fluke games, we would be considered a contender this season.

#43 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,192 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

All fine answers.  Trust me....I'm extremely optimistic, but it's with caution.  Until we can prove that we can close games then we're not a playoff team.  Going against our schedule next year, there's no way you can assume we're a top 8 team.  Especially when you would assume that SF-Seattle are both getting in.  That leaves our division and then a Wild Card.  From 7-9 to 13-3 to catch ATL is a long way to go.  Hell....10 wins didn't even get teams in last year.

#44 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,375 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

All fine answers.  Trust me....I'm extremely optimistic, but it's with caution.  Until we can prove that we can close games then we're not a playoff team.  Going against our schedule next year, there's no way you can assume we're a top 8 team.  Especially when you would assume that SF-Seattle are both getting in.  That leaves our division and then a Wild Card.  From 7-9 to 13-3 to catch ATL is a long way to go.  Hell....10 wins didn't even get teams in last year.

Can't know how hard the schedule is until the season starts to play out.

I have seen seasons where the hardest schedule turned out to be middle of the pack.

#45 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,192 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Cam fumbles or Nak does not brain fart.....we beat Atlanta.

Smitty does not fall down after we dominated Chicago all day....we beat Chicago

Cam does not throw the 4yd pass into the dirt instead of to a wide open Hartsock...we beat Seattle

Rivera does not brain fart and play prevent against TB (while up by 11 with 3 min to go)...we beat TB

This team was easily a 10 win team last season...plain and simple.

If we would have won 2-3 of those fluke games, we would be considered a contender this season.

Yes...but we DIDN'T win those games.  For two years now we have not won those kind of games.  So you're assuming that none of those teams had "shoulda-coulda" instances in their loses?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.