19 replies to this topic

#1 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,351 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:10 PM

I think this is really interesting.  I remember when all these leaks were coming out a couple of years ago.  Well, these court documents show how the DOJ tried to get to the bottom of the leaks.  It certainly looks like there was shady activity going on between a high-level government adviser and FoxNews reporter James Rosen.

The Kim case began in June 2009, when Rosen reported that U.S. intelligence officials were warning that North Korea was likely to respond to United Nations sanctions with more nuclear tests. The CIA had learned the information, Rosen wrote, from sources inside North Korea.

The story was published online the same day that a top-secret report was made available to a small circle within the intelligence community — including Kim, who at the time was a State Department arms expert with security clearance.

FBI investigators used the security-badge data, phone records and e-mail exchanges to build a case that Kim shared the report with Rosen soon after receiving it, court records show.

In the documents, FBI agent Reginald Reyes described in detail how Kim and Rosen moved in and out of the State Department headquarters at 2201 C St. NW a few hours before the story was published on June 11, 2009.

Using italics for emphasis, Reyes explained how Rosen allegedly used a “covert communications plan” and quoted from an e-mail exchange between Rosen and Kim that seems to describe a secret system for passing along information.

In the exchange, Rosen used the alias “Leo” to address Kim and called himself “Alex,” an apparent reference to Alexander Butterfield, the man best known for running the secret recording system in the Nixon White House, according to the affidavit.

Rosen instructed Kim to send him coded signals on his Google account, according to a quote from his e-mail in the affidavit: “One asterisk means to contact them, or that previously suggested plans for communication are to proceed as agreed; two asterisks means the opposite.”

He also wrote, according to the affidavit: “What I am interested in, as you might expect, is breaking news ahead of my competitors” including “what intelligence is picking up.” And: “I’d love to see some internal State Department analyses.”

http://www.washingto...31f9_story.html

This surely will be blasted all over Fox as another Obama scandal.  But is it not a matter of national security to get to the bottom of leaked top-secret information?

#2 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

The amount of abuse this govt is doling out is out of control now. Its been getting worse and worse for the last 20 years, but wow I never thought they would be that brazen about it. Lol theyre just like "Yah!? So?!"

#3 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

How is this abuse?  Should the DOJ ignore leads leading to leaked top-secret information?

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Yes, justice is blind.

http://www.breitbart...Big-Obama-Donor

It is the job of every reporter to ask questions to everybody. If the gov official is not supposed to tell, then it is on them, not the reporter.

#5 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:00 AM

Yes, justice is blind.

http://www.breitbart...Big-Obama-Donor

It is the job of every reporter to ask questions to everybody. If the gov official is not supposed to tell, then it is on them, not the reporter.

I agree with that.  I'm not saying the reporter should be charged with a crime, but I can understand him being investigated to determine where the leak came from.

#6 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:05 AM

Leaks are illegal, but the reporter was doing nothing more than to do his job.  Unlike the lawyer for the blind sheik that investigators had to probe to show the lawyer was complicit in illegal communique with terrorists.

http://www.wnyc.org/...enced-10-years/

Lot different than what Rosen was doing.  Rosen should've just referred to his source as "deep froat".

#7 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:28 AM

Has any reporter been charged with a crime?

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:34 AM

Has any reporter been charged with a crime?

No, and they won't be.

That is the point. The DOJ calls him a co-conspirator so that they can go into all areas of his life, just like he was a criminal.

You guys on the left are sitting by while "whistleblowers" and "reporters" are being saveged and investigated as criminals, citizens are targeted by the IRS,all the while holding on to OBAMA like he is someone worthy of you having his back.

You are the definition of hypocrite. It will be laughable for you to EVER comment on liberties or gov intrusion. Laughable.

#9 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

I haven't really said one way or the other how I have felt about this so it would be hard to peg me as a hypocrite.

Truth is I agree with the press and the DOJ both.

I am a little more hawkish when it comes to national security as I supported the PATRIOT Act (and still do) and at the time the war in Iraq (although in hindsight I realize it was a huge mistake).

So I have no problem with aggressively investigating leaks that pertain to national security and protecting intelligence personell.

At the same time I also agree that the media has a job to do and they shouldn't be treated as criminals.

As far as the IRS thing is concerned I haven't found anyone outside of the Republican bubble that believes that the IRS mess was any type of directive from the White House or any other democratic leaders. It appears that it was a faulty screening process that unfairly targeted conservative groups.

#10 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,091 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

Thank god I'm not a whistle blower of any type with this new American Regime.

#11 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,351 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:08 AM

snitches get stiches

#12 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:14 AM

I haven't really said one way or the other how I have felt about this so it would be hard to peg me as a hypocrite.

Truth is I agree with the press and the DOJ both.

I am a little more hawkish when it comes to national security as I supported the PATRIOT Act (and still do) and at the time the war in Iraq (although in hindsight I realize it was a huge mistake).

So I have no problem with aggressively investigating leaks that pertain to national security and protecting intelligence personell.

At the same time I also agree that the media has a job to do and they shouldn't be treated as criminals.

As far as the IRS thing is concerned I haven't found anyone outside of the Republican bubble that believes that the IRS mess was any type of directive from the White House or any other democratic leaders. It appears that it was a faulty screening process that unfairly targeted conservative groups.

So the IRS targets conservatives and your reply is "nobody is complaining except those conservatives". I like the broad scope of your thinking.

#13 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,392 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

So the IRS targets conservatives and your reply is "nobody is complaining except those conservatives". I like the broad scope of your thinking.

Did I say no one was complaining? There is a difference between targeting conservative groups and conservative groups being in unfairly targeted as a byproduct of a poor screening process.

But people in the conservative bubble look at "unfairly targeted" and fall right into their predictable victimization paranoia of a President puppet master trying to destroy their civil liberties of taking unlimited money without disclosure to influence elections.

#14 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,400 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Equal protection clause doesn't have exceptions for increased amounts of a specific group of persons. 

#15 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,719 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:04 AM

Did I say no one was complaining? There is a difference between targeting conservative groups and conservative groups being in unfairly targeted as a byproduct of a poor screening process.

But people in the conservative bubble look at "unfairly targeted" and fall right into their predictable victimization paranoia of a President puppet master trying to destroy their civil liberties of taking unlimited money without disclosure to influence elections.

Dont give me the poor screening process crap. Just babble off some junk that the liberal press puts out. Guess it is only those 3 workers in Cincinatti that "screwed up". Yeah, with each set of talking points, comes another day where they fall apart only to get a new set of talking points.

Time for you to get a new set

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com