Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Colin Cole

Best Answer iamhubby1, 21 May 2013 - 06:13 PM

This fat boy here will make a difference, if healthy. A big if.

See, this right here is part of the problem. He is healthy. He has made a huge impression on his teammates. He has been working since the day he signed. He is going to be huge.

Star, Short, Cole, and Dwan. That my friends is a rotation from hellz.

He would not have been signed if he were not healthy. You don't sign a player who has been out for almost two years, if you don't check his medicals. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

This tornado news is killing me so I need to escape from reality for a few. Story today on Panthers.com about Colin Cole. This guy is intriguing as hell. Big body at 6'2" and 330lbs. Was playing really well in Seattle until his ankle issue. Has a chip on his shoulder and wants to prove he can still play this game. Says his ankle is now 100%. I'm quietly excited about this guy. We finally have a potential interior D line with NFL size. No more undersized garbage like Nebletts and Fua. Buckner always used to say on his radio show that the best free agents are guys that have something to prove. I think Cole qualifies.

If you pray, say one for our friends in Oklahoma.

#2 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Link to panther.com article http://www.panthers....0a-d59a4d95c4a1

#3 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,869 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

today has been an awful day with the tornado devastation in OK and ray manzarek passing...

puts things into perspective, but I hope Colin Cole has an impact. Our d-line is shaping up nicely not only for this year but for the future.

Gaydosh is also intriguing, we got a lot of big bodies. I can't wait to see how we perform on gamedays.

#4 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:35 PM

Hope he can still add something. Would make our d-line very deep and let McDermott be creative with his fronts

#5 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,447 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:37 PM

I'll tell you what, if Cole truly is healthy and can revert back to his days with Seattle; then Carolina will have a hell of a defensive tackle stable. I'm trying not to sound too optimistic because after all, Cole hasn't been fully healthy in quite some time and two of our defensive tackle's are rookies... however if the rookies step up and Cole is fully healthy then this group of defensive tackle's will be super fun to watch.

#6 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:38 PM

I'm just glad to finally be bringing in some big SOBs. Hurney seemed to like undersized guys.

#7 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,522 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Really hope he pulls through so that we can kick Fua to the curb

#8 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,602 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:43 PM

Rotate them big fuggers, rotate 'em.  Keep that line fresh.  LB corps may have the most fun of any group in the NFL.

#9 FreeArmanti

FreeArmanti

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:48 PM

Born in Canada!

#10 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Born in Canada!

If both Cole and Gaydosh end up making the team we need to figure out a Canadian nickname for the duo.

#11 Beast_3000

Beast_3000

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

I agree with everything you said with the exception of your criticism of Neblett. I felt he use to be an overachiever on our weak line. Fua should have been cut with McClain. Fua had on skates when we drafted him and he puts his skates back on as soon as his name is called with the second rotation scrubs for minutes. Worst nose tackle we have had in panther history.

Soooooo excited for the opportunity to STUFF strong running teams like Seattle and Minnesota this year... It's gonna happen baby ooooooh year it's gonna happen.

#12 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:56 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

P1nea2D.jpg

This makes me feel better about life when things get me down.  Thought I would share

#13 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,510 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

Fua won't make it out of preseason, Gettleman probably got nauseous when he saw him on tape.

#14 SCP

SCP

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

I agree with everything you said with the exception of your criticism of Neblett. I felt he use to be an overachiever on our weak line. Fua should have been cut with McClain. Fua had on skates when we drafted him and he puts his skates back on as soon as his name is called with the second rotation scrubs for minutes. Worst nose tackle we have had in panther history.

Soooooo excited for the opportunity to STUFF strong running teams like Seattle and Minnesota this year... It's gonna happen baby ooooooh year it's gonna happen.

My biggest gripe about Nebblett was his 5'11" and 295lb measurables.

#15 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:59 PM

51 dead in Oklahoma and more expected.  Great tragedy...

As for Cole- I want our defensive line to be like the Williams line in Minnesota.  Teams passed because they couldn't run. You have to go back to 2005 (4th) when we were top 5 in fewest run yards allowed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com