Photo
- - - - -

Apple avoided paying billions in taxes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
118 replies to this topic

#109 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:59 PM

You don't see me defending banks all that often.

Goldman Sachs=Treasury

#110 google larry davis

google larry davis

fleet-footed poster

HUDDLER

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:18 AM

i prefer they index pensions/medicare/ss much better.

if anything do it by decades.in your 30's here is your allocation and its indexed against something other than treasury or under the table zero coupons.

40's you are now in this category etc.

i can remember talking to my dad in high school in the mid *cough* 80's and was convinced then i was not going to see a penny of SS.

still do.

social security is solvent until 2033 with absolutely no intervention. if nothing (absolutely nothing) is done to extend solvency, it will continue to pay ~75% of promised benefits after 2033.

you nor your father have/had a fuging clue. unless you die before retirement, you'll draw social security

#111 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:02 AM

So a blog... That exists almost solely to juice the SEO performance of a P2P Loan system...

I mean, do I really have to go further? I feel you're a smart enough man.

You are trolling and I don't really care to argue whether China is more capitalists than France (it is) because its not the important argument.

What China is doing as an economic powerhouse is what is important. When I travel to Jamaica there are road projects being done by China. Why are they doing this? It may be a case of spreading communism through capitalism.

See here:

http://freeport.nass...62728378119.php

#112 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:04 AM

social security is solvent until 2033 with absolutely no intervention. if nothing (absolutely nothing) is done to extend solvency, it will continue to pay ~75% of promised benefits after 2033.

I wear a size 12 shoe. Just sayin.

you nor your father have/had a fuging clue. unless you die before retirement, you'll draw social security

#113 Niner National

Niner National

HUDDLER

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

You are trolling and I don't really care to argue whether China is more capitalists than France (it is) because its not the important argument.

What China is doing as an economic powerhouse is what is important. When I travel to Jamaica there are road projects being done by China. Why are they doing this? It may be a case of spreading communism through capitalism.

See here:

http://freeport.nass...62728378119.php

Basically all the major transportation, energy, mineral, finance, real estate, media, and telecommunications companies in China are owned by the Chinese government.

China has a ton of tariffs on importing goods, making it difficult for foreign companies to open or sell their goods in China (while bitching about the U.S. for even discussing doing something similar as it being unfair and protectionist). China won't even allow foreigners to own companies in any of the industries I listed above. Investors basically have to set up shell companies owned by Chinese citizens and invest through that in order to do business for most industries in China.

If you want to build in China, you can't buy land. You can only lease it from the government for 50 years. Nobody knows what happens when those leases are up.

What happens if you piss off the Chinese government? They can take your company at any time.

But yeah, China is so much more capitalist than a place like France where I can open a business by simply getting a proper visa and filling out some paperwork for a business license just like I would here in the states. Taxes are high in France, but taxes and capitalism are not mutually exclusive.

China has evolved its economy away from communism, but it is still a state controlled economy with severe restrictions on a number of fronts that are vital to business ownership.

That blog post is laughable. Especially this:

But is China really a capitalistic country? In a way, yes. The Chinese government allows entrepreneurship as long as it is done with the permission of the government.

How in the hell is that capitalist? If you have to answer the question "Is China really a capitalistic country" with "In a way, yes" then the answer is no.

#114 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:27 AM

How in the hell is that capitalist? If you have to answer the question "Is China really a capitalistic country" with "In a way, yes" then the answer is no.

You typed a lot of words about aspects of China that don't really relate to what capitalism is. And much of what you wrote is wrong or outdated

Also not sure why you are honing in on the one blog I posted. There are plenty of other articles that support the idea that China is capitalist while maintaining communism. It's simply a different brand of capitalism than what we are used to.

Communist China the most efficient capitalist country of all

http://www.theaustra...o-1226212648831

In fact, visit China today and you find the most dynamic capitalist nation in the world.

http://www.commondre...s06/0110-42.htm

However, while China's political structure may be communist, its economy is based firmly on capitalist principles

http://www.ncpa.org/...rticle_ID=22814

China's economy is now essentially capitalist

http://links.org.au/node/1355

“China is more capitalistic than any capitalist country.”

http://scholarsandro...talist-country/

etc...

#115 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

You're still going to have to get us past the whole "China is more capitalist that the birthplace of capitalism" thing.

#116 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

Administrators

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:29 AM

China is one of the few places I can think of where intellectual property law doesn't really mean anything. Can't get much more economically Wild West than that.

#117 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

SUPPORTER

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

You're still going to have to get us past the whole "China is more capitalist that the birthplace of capitalism" thing.

I doubt you will ever get past it.

#118 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:44 AM

Ok now that we've established Jake Delhomme is a better QB than Tom Brady...

#119 Delhommey

Delhommey

Moderators

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:50 AM

BYD Co., the Chinese carmaker part- owned by billionaire Warren Buffett’s Berkshire Hathaway Inc., was fined and ordered to surrender seven factories after a dispute over land use in central China.

BYD received a 2.95 million yuan ($442,000) fine and will have the factories in Xi’an, Shaanxi confiscated, according to a statement posted today on the Ministry of Land and Resources website.

http://www.businessi...0#ixzz2UEIW5DTP

Happens alllll the time in Germany.