Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Draft Lottery Thread - 8:30 EST on ESPN

171 posts in this topic

Posted

I dont really want Oladipo. IMO, he's the same type of player as Hendo. A defensive Guard with potential to improve his offensive game. I rather just keep Hendo.

But, looking to the future this is what I could envision:

PG: Kemba

SG: McLemore

SF: Kidd-Gilchrist/Taylor

PF: Randle

C  : Biz/FA

I would love to have Wiggins or Parker, but I think our best chance is Randle. We're not going to be in position for one of those two guys. I would love the addition of Julius Randle. When I look at Randle I see some Zach Randolph and even Anthony Bennett. Some of us on here have shown the love for Bennett. Randle is two inches taller than Bennett.

My argument against that is that Oladipo is EXTREMELY efficient for a guard and his per 36 scoring is only .5 points lower than McLemore. He is better at creating his own shot than McLemore as well. Not to mention, while McLemore disappeared late in games and for long stretches, Oladipo's motor was always running and made clutch plays in many different games through steals, blocks, knocking down 3's and in almost any way possible. 

With all that said, I wouldn't mind McLemore. I just think Oladipo is a better player now and will be a better player in the future.

Posted

Oladipo might be the best player in this draft right now, much less three years down the road. 

There's some talk with Noel's injury scaring teams from taking him #1 overall, he might slip some. "The acl injury was the second injury he's had on his left knee, he broke the knee plate in high school" 

Mclemore doesn't look to have that it or clutch factor on him. 

Posted

we'll get screwed like always. We'll probably pick at like 11

Posted

Welp... let's see what pick we get.

Posted

I really want to trade back and get olynyk.

Posted

My argument against that is that Oladipo is EXTREMELY efficient for a guard and his per 36 scoring is only .5 points lower than McLemore. He is better at creating his own shot than McLemore as well. Not to mention, while McLemore disappeared late in games and for long stretches, Oladipo's motor was always running and made clutch plays in many different games through steals, blocks, knocking down 3's and in almost any way possible.

With all that said, I wouldn't mind McLemore. I just think Oladipo is a better player now and will be a better player in the future.

I just believe that McLemore's ceiling is much higher than Oladipo. Both players have shown that they can play. I just think that McLemore has the ability to be a franchise player. Oladipo is going to be good but I think he's going to be just another player. A 15-16 ppg Guard while McLemore is going to be a 18-20 ppg player. That's just my opinion.

Posted

I'd take Len over Noel. Hopefully not at #1 though.

Posted

I just believe that McLemore's ceiling is much higher than Oladipo. Both players have shown that they can play. I just think that McLemore has the ability to be a franchise player. Oladipo is going to be good but I think he's going to be just another player. A 15-16 ppg Guard while McLemore is going to be a 18-20 ppg player. That's just my opinion.

McLemore has trouble getting his shot off or creating shots against bigger or faster defenders while Oladipo excels at it.

This is one of the most important aspect's of being a capable scorer in the NBA. I mean there's a reason that McLemore disappeared down the stretch and in the NCAA. 

2-7 against Kansas St. with 6-4 McGruder and 6-6 southwell, "Both over 200 pounds"

2-5 against Western Kentucky with 6-5 Dickerson

0-9 against UNC with 6-3 Stickland and 6-5 Hariston

I'll give him credit for going off against Stauskas, but he's a bean pole at 6-6 190light. 

Posted

Looks like since our name change will be season after next we will have to wait another year to get the number one pick

Posted

Noel's flat top would look pretty cool in a Hornets uniform.

Posted

So a really raw big man with a knee injury or a G who is passive...so we want to get a high pick in this draft?

Ive seen the story of Centers with bad kness drafted no.1 overall.... It does not end well

Posted

Honestly, McLemore being passive isn't as big of an issue to me.  He was a freshman, maybe he just didn't want to step on his teammates' toes?  

James Harden was famously "passive", even sending a letter to OKC during his draft process if I'm not mistaken saying he was fine being the 2nd or 3rd guy on a team.  Now that he's forced to be the star in Houston, it's working pretty well I'd say.