Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vegas Future Wins Odds

49 posts in this topic

Posted

if this happens and rivera is still the coach the following year, i'm likely done as a fan. i'm not sure how much more i could take.

if we are in the hole by two games at the half point in the season, rivera needs to be gone right then. i don't care how much the players like him and i don't care what kind of late surge we have. win games early and often or find someone who can.

So are you taking the over or under. I'm leaning under like last year. Last year I said 6-8 wins because of our schedule and the superior coaching we faced. I think the same for 2013.

Posted

i lost interest in baseball years ago...when they had that strike way back when.

if i gave up on the panthers i'd just spend more time working and going outside. any void would be quickly filled.

I've been a Red Sox fan since i was 11. Imagine that. 2004 was the greatest euphoria I have ever felt after a sporting event. Never give up dude.

Posted

So are you taking the over or under. I'm leaning under like last year. Last year I said 6-8 wins because of our schedule and the superior coaching we faced. I think the same for 2013.

the schedule doesn't bother me. it won't keep us from winning or losing games.

what bothers me most is the coaching and being weak at receiver, but mainly coaching.

if things are clicking, we can beat any team on that calendar. i just have my doubts about them clicking.

that said...i see this as a 7-8 win team. i don't see a winning season and i definitely don't see playoffs and the thing that would be holding us back is rivera and shula. slow start with a rally late in the season...too late. pretty much the same ol same ol...excuses and all.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've been a Red Sox fan since i was 11. Imagine that. 2004 was the greatest euphoria I have ever felt after a sporting event. Never give up dude.

meh, it's more just finding a better use of my time and energy. it's just not that important to me anymore.

Posted

meh, it's more just finding a better use of my time and energy. it's just not that important to me anymore.

Professional Huddle Poster?

1 person likes this

Posted

Professional Huddle Poster?

i should be getting paid for this poo.

1 person likes this

Posted

No where in the job description for being a fan does it state, I deserve a winning team because I invest my emotional well being into said team.

Over half the NFL fans have never sniffed a Super Bowl. Glad they all don't quit to, invest their time and energy, doing other things. Would not be an NFL for long.

Fans use history to predict the future, it is par for the course. Fans have a particular fascination with the future. In a sense, you can judge a fan by how he views this aspect. Happy, content, fearful, enthused, worried, indifferent.

Point being. You don't threaten to throw away your fandom. It just isn't done. Suck up your butthurt emotions over what was, or what could have been, or what should be, or even what is to come, and get in there and root for the home team.

Posted

so make yourself the most gullible, sadomastic person possible and don't do anything else with your time that you might actually enjoy without giving you an ulcer and that won't perennially disappoint supporting an organization that can't get their poo together enough to even have 5 winning seasons out of 20. gotcha.

reward the pathetic with your faithfulness. that's what it means to be a fan.

Posted

Going to Vegas this Thursday. PM if anyone wants in on these odds.

Posted

Steelers under 9, thank you very much.

1 person likes this

Posted

the schedule doesn't bother me. it won't keep us from winning or losing games.

what bothers me most is the coaching and being weak at receiver, but mainly coaching.

if things are clicking, we can beat any team on that calendar. i just have my doubts about them clicking.

that said...i see this as a 7-8 win team. i don't see a winning season and i definitely don't see playoffs and the thing that would be holding us back is rivera and shula. slow start with a rally late in the season...too late. pretty much the same ol same ol...excuses and all.

Yep

Posted

The only thing that goes against Rayzor's claims that we will have a late push again is our schedule. Our hardest games come late in the season, specifically conference games. Your theory is flawed.

But if we do have a late rally late in the year, wouldn't that mean we would do well in the conference?

Week 8 is the first week we play a conference opponent, the Bucs.