• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#11 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Now I briefly mentioned this before and it's not know exactly how the mandatory install and used game fee will work. Right now though, it's tied to the HD and xbox live accounts, so other xbox live accounts on the same system will recognize the game as used, unless their is a work around for that particular issue. 

#12 SZ James (banned)

SZ James (banned)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Everything I predicted came true

-shocked face-

#13 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:23 PM

Now I briefly mentioned this before and it's not know exactly how the mandatory install and used game fee will work. Right now though, it's tied to the HD and xbox live accounts, so other xbox live accounts on the same system will recognize the game as used, unless their is a work around for that particular issue. 

Ouch..

So you couldn't even borrow a friends game.

That's brutal.

#14 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:25 PM

Details about the way the OS works.

The system has a main OS, then it has a APP level and another level that are always running. Just mentioned on the tech panel that's live. 

The back of the system as two HDMI port's on it, one in and one out. Uses the Windows snap feature to allow to apps to run at the same time, Also has skype built into the system. 

The always online information is in regards to a feature that developers can take advantage of called Azure computing which would require the always online feature to be active. 

#15 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Ouch..

So you couldn't even borrow a friends game.

That's brutal.

From the way it's being worded right now by MS, yep. 

The system has a mandatory install and is tied to your xbox live account. If the game is recognized as used, there will be a pop up that requires a fee to allow the game to be installed on the system.  Once the game is installed you no longer need the disk to run the game. 

#16 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:36 PM

Just found this.

Xbox live tv Requires an extra device and is only available in the US at launch. No word on the cost of the extra device.

http://www.vg247.com...eparate-device/

#17 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMatthews, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:42 PM

Read that it's possible the developer can choose to allow used games (with fee) or to not allow at all.  Probably why EA went away with online passes.  I'm at work so most stuff is blocked but I also read EA has exclusive deal with Xbox?

#18 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:49 PM

No the EA thing wasn't an exclusive deal at all, it was just for a feature in FIFA 14 (the team card game thing) 

As for the fee for used games, I've seen anything about it being developer controlled. It's the game has to be installed and the game disk and install are tied into the user's xbox live account. The used game fee is being charged by MS from what they told wired. I'll copy and paste the information from it. 

There is a way around it though according to MS.

It works like this, the game has to be installed to your HD to work as games require HD install. If you trade the game in, once the new user installs that disk. it deactivates and uninstalls from the first user's HD. 

Means that if you borrow a game from someone, the only way you can play it with out paying the fee is for your friend to loose their install on their particular system. 

@@MrJonty

On second hand games: you buy disc, it installs, you play from HD. Sell disc, it installs to new console and deactivates your install.

So not sure, what's going on with that. The interview with Wired was directly from xbox and the european xbox mag editor has never heard of the fee or anything like that..... 

#19 The Huddler

The Huddler

#BringHardyBack

• Location@TheHuddler2
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Quit complaining this is cool poo

#20 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 21 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

http://news.xbox.com/2013/05/qa

I'll post the major points.

Q:    Does Xbox One require an “always on” Internet connection?
A:    No, it does not have to be always connected, but Xbox One does require a connection to the Internet. We’re designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready. We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection.

Q:    Will Xbox One allow players to trade in, purchase and play pre-owned games? 
A:    We are designing Xbox One to enable customers to trade in and resell games. We’ll have more details to share later.

Q:   Why require Kinect with every Xbox One?
A:    The all new Kinect is now an essential and integrated part of the platform.  By having it as a consistent part of every Xbox One, game and entertainment creators can build experiences that assume the availability of voice, gesture and natural sensing, leading to unrivaled ease of use, premium experiences and interactivity for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users