103 replies to this topic

#91 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

I don't care what Microsoft has to say at E3, there is not a single game they could come out with that would make me buy the Xbox One. 

#92 d-dave

d-dave

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:41 AM

I've been catching up on the news, and it's interesting.  While not as flexible as a purely disc based system which we've lived in, it's a lot more flexible than steam/itunes/google play.

Again, I want to see all of the details together in action (i.e. demos/hands on/ect).  I do not thing MS is going to touch this stuff at their E3 presentation on Monday.  Instead, they are going to focus on games and only games.  A writer for Kotaku (or a commentor) mentioned that gamers have short memories when confronted with shinies.  I kind of agree.  There is a lot of venom about "I want to take my stuff and do what I want with it!"  But at the end of the day, millions will buy the XboxOne and PS4, will live with the DRM restrictions.  Soon we will all be in awe of the flexiblity we have with these super-duper awesome games with their kind DRM!

Personally, I've really cooled off A LOT on the next generation of game systems.  On one hand, there's a lot of cool technology there.  On the other hand, there are so many issues popping up.  Sony has been very quiet aside from a few tweets and statements.  Nothing ground shaking.  What does that tell you?  Nothing, which would seem like a poor idea when your main opposition is pouring gasoline on itself and giving away lighters.  Sony should be pointing out that they aren't Microsoft, and that they are more gamer friendly.  You don't get the sense they are telling everything.

Thankfully, I'm not of enough means to buy a bunch of consoles, and my time is spent in other areas.  It will be good to let the systems beat on each other, patch and change, and finally get to a point where I might want to invest my money in them.

#93 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

The phone home every 24hrs is BS. I'm going to skip this upcoming gen.

My current 360 is hooked up all the time, but I won't support this.....no XB1 for me.

#94 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,194 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:19 PM

I've been catching up on the news, and it's interesting.  While not as flexible as a purely disc based system which we've lived in, it's a lot more flexible than steam/itunes/google play.

Again, I want to see all of the details together in action (i.e. demos/hands on/ect).  I do not thing MS is going to touch this stuff at their E3 presentation on Monday.  Instead, they are going to focus on games and only games.  A writer for Kotaku (or a commentor) mentioned that gamers have short memories when confronted with shinies.  I kind of agree.  There is a lot of venom about "I want to take my stuff and do what I want with it!"  But at the end of the day, millions will buy the XboxOne and PS4, will live with the DRM restrictions.  Soon we will all be in awe of the flexiblity we have with these super-duper awesome games with their kind DRM!

Personally, I've really cooled off A LOT on the next generation of game systems.  On one hand, there's a lot of cool technology there.  On the other hand, there are so many issues popping up.  Sony has been very quiet aside from a few tweets and statements.  Nothing ground shaking.  What does that tell you?  Nothing, which would seem like a poor idea when your main opposition is pouring gasoline on itself and giving away lighters.  Sony should be pointing out that they aren't Microsoft, and that they are more gamer friendly.  You don't get the sense they are telling everything.

Thankfully, I'm not of enough means to buy a bunch of consoles, and my time is spent in other areas.  It will be good to let the systems beat on each other, patch and change, and finally get to a point where I might want to invest my money in them.

I guarantee you they will mention the fact that you don't have to be online every 24 hours during their e3 press conference.  If they have a more flexible policy for used games you can bet that will be mentioned too.  Why tweet something out or give information to a news organization if you can just wait till a worldwide event on Monday.  The only reason Microsoft is letting all these details loose is because they knew they would be received with venom, and didn't want the lasting image from their conference being the DRM issues and having to essentially always be online.  Sony has already said they're not adopting the always online mentality, so if their used game stance allows for more freedom for consumers why wouldn't they take shots at M$ right after their e3 presser....

#95 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

Even if the PS4 has the same kind of policy on used games they still have that "Ace in the Hole" if you will of being able to say during their conference "well we don't require you to log in every 24 hours to our server so if you're without internet for longer than a day you can still game".  If Microsoft doesn't come hard with great games on Monday they will be the laughing stock of e3, and as a guy who buys all three consoles every cycle for the exclusives that sucks.  I already have my WiiU, and I've already made my mind up I'll be getting the PS4 before the One, but I will eventually have both as I love Fable/Forza and am extremely interested to hear what the new Rare game is on Monday (a proper Banjo Kazooie pease!)....

If it's a proper Banjo Kazooie game, I'll be getting a xbox one when that particular game comes out. I could care less about Call of Duty or respawn's new game. I'd get Banjo, Forza and Fable for it and thats about it. Still don't like the no loaning or borrowing games, the kinect always being plugged in or the every 24 hour check.  Giving developers the key to allowing trades is nice for the developers as it does give them kickback on used games. 

#96 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

The big issue here is that it isn't a MS system like most originally thought, it's a per developer system and each developer can control which retailer you can trade in at and for what price you'll get on the trade in. 

Since it's a developer system that kind of pushes Sony into a corner, if they don't go with the flow They might have less developers making games for them or exclusives from third party. If they go with the flow it pisses off the gamer's.

I think the best system is to not allow trade in's for the first 60 - 90 days after release, then unlock the trade in for those titles. Allow the developers to get a kick back from used game sells at that point. The reason I go for this is that most new game sales happen in the first 60-90 days for a new title, that's when the majority of the money is made. 

With that said, Sony has pretty much already said they weren't doing most of this. 

With Sony not having internet connection requirements, they can't do any type of DRM with the games themselves like tying the game to your online account. Which means that the games aren't locked to an account which would allow free trading of games.  

#97 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,347 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:56 PM

I still don't understand how ANYONE can defend Xbox One. I personally don't like being raped by corporations and an industry that is making more money with the current system than they ever have. Hopefully eventually there's going to be books written about how greed killed the Xbox.

#98 wesley17

wesley17

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

Rumor is the new rare game is killer instinct.

#99 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:32 PM

Rumor is the new rare game is killer instinct.

Boooooo!!!!!!!!!!!   Might be interesting, but not worth buying the system for me. 

#100 AppStatePanther

AppStatePanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • LocationMint Hill

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:03 PM

They've already come out with a way around all this MS bullshit. It's made by Sony and isn't fuging retarded.

#101 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

The reason MS announced all these things early is so people can complain now, but by the time the console gets released they will realize that these things will change exactly nothing for most people. 

And Sony now has to match their used game policy or risk losing developers

#102 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,737 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:14 PM

The reason MS announced all these things early is so people can complain now, but by the time the console gets released they will realize that these things will change exactly nothing for most people.

basically

I can already see people's uproar wearing off

#103 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,378 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:18 PM

The problem is the system is already being manufactured and it doesn't have a online requirement, so they can't do the same thing MS is doing. They'd have to do it differently, there fore they would have completely different systems for trade in's and used games. 

I know it doesn't mean as much, but in IGN's poll the 360 lost in voting by a pretty wide margin. So this has had a pretty negative impact on gamer's. 

#104 Panther17

Panther17

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,872 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

basically

I can already see people's uproar wearing off

My uproar wore off.  Realized there was no need for the uproar if your not going to get that system now anyways.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com