CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,541 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

Full Article: http://www.nfl.com/n...iewing-of-games

I personally think this is kind of cool, I know some of the older fans will have a little bit harder of a time understanding why I think this is cool or have a hard time moving forward with the next generation, but it as a college student it allows me to communicate with a lot of my friends who are fans of other teams simply on a tablet while watching a game... that's pretty impressive.

Here are few things that are in the works....

The NFL and Microsoft, through its next generation Xbox device, are combining to upgrade interactive TV viewing of pro football games in a multiyear agreement announced Tuesday. The next step after that, perhaps as early as 2014, will be bringing technology to the sidelines on tablets.

Imagine Sean Payton holding up a Surface tablet instead of a cardboard playsheet on the sideline.

Envision Peyton Manning sitting on the bench and dissecting the last series from a variety of camera angles on his hand-held device instead of looking at still photos. Or sitting at home and pulling up real-time highlights on a Sunday afternoon.

Fans will get new television viewing innovations, including the ability to watch games, Skype video chat with other fans, view statistics, access highlights in real time and gather fantasy information about players and teams -- all on a single screen. For those who prefer multiple screens, fans can get an even deeper experience on mobile devices and tablets with SmartGlass technology.

Consider that a Bears fan in Chicago could be watching his team take on the Giants at Soldier Field while conversing visually with a friend in New York on the same screen. Also on that screen could be all pertinent statistics for the game, access to NFL RedZone and to replays from the Giants-Bearsmatchup.

Plus -- and perhaps as significant as anything to the NFL given the popularity of fantasy football -- real-time updated stats from around the league. Call it seamless fantasy integration with the real product.

#2 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• HUDDLER
  • 2,440 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

No thank you.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Eh, to each is own.

I really like this idea because I don't own cable in my apartment at college, but I'd be willing to buy the NFL package on XBOX just for football.

#4 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:03 PM

funny-gifs-my-reaction-to-bieber.gif

#5 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm a "College Student" as well, and no way in hell I want one of my ugly bitch ass friends face to pop up when I'm trying to watch a game. Sometimes I feel like people think we need to continue on and further technology but really it's been fine and hasn't been needing a change..

#6 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

I'm a "College Student" as well, and no way in hell I want one of my ugly bitch ass friends face to pop up when I'm trying to watch a game. Sometimes I feel like people think we need to continue on and further technology but really it's been fine and hasn't been needing a change..

Eh, I don't have ugly friends... so...

#7 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

To be clear, Microsoft did not announce NFL Sunday Ticket for the Xbox One.  Perhaps this will be part of it, but they were very clear not to indicate live streaming of NFL games was a part of this.  For now this is limited to the PS3.

#8 philw5289

philw5289

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:10 PM

im not liking it. The voice monitoring and video recognition is always on and connected to 300,000 servers?

#9 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:11 PM

Eh, I don't have ugly friends... so...

#10 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,172 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Can we work on curing cancer, motor oil that doesn't need changing, bacon flavored gum and peace in the Middle East?  This is absolutely useless when compared to the things we REALLY need.

#11 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

Geese lol, if you don't like you can easily not post... but then again if smart ass comments make you feel better about yourself.. go for it.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:17 PM

To be clear, Microsoft did not announce NFL Sunday Ticket for the Xbox One.  Perhaps this will be part of it, but they were very clear not to indicate live streaming of NFL games was a part of this.  For now this is limited to the PS3.

I think they'll have to, because I have Windows 8 for my computer and SmartGlass only works when it's connected to the XBOX...

#13 Lilsmitty09

Lilsmitty09

Actually....LilKB14

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Geese lol, if you don't like you can easily not post... but then again if smart ass comments make you feel better about yourself.. go for it.

For someone who's posted over 14 thousand times on the huddle, I'd figure by now you could take a little heat and sarcasm...

#14 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,541 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

For someone who's posted over 14 thousand times on the huddle, I'd figure by now you could take a little heat and sarcasm...

I can, but at 11:00, the comebacks don't come as quick as they do at 2:00 in the afternoon so I'm struggling to defend myself lol.

#15 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 8,366 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:21 PM

i still don't get this. Why would you want someones face to pop up on the screen while you are watching the game. The stats and fantasy football thing would be pretty cool though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com