#106 Alverez

Alverez

Hold my beer, and check this out!!

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,276 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:11 PM

PC gamers normally build their own machines to be focused on what they want. not an out of the box Emachine. lol

#107 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:15 PM

You do realize that 360 and PS3 sales COMBINED barely compete with the DS, right? Oh, and throw in another 100 million Wii consoles sold (360 and PS3 each sold fewer than 80 million worldwide).

I would say Nintendo knows its market very well... by like a 3 to 1 margin over Sony and Microsoft.

Tell me how that next gen Wii U is doing then?  It has been a complete flop.  Nintendo sold a lot of Wii hardware.  Unfortunately they are making nothing from it since no one is actually buying Wii games.

#108 beuer1

beuer1

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

I'm not sure what you're implying here.?.?

PC gamers prefer to build their PCs instead of buying one pre built

But yeah consoles still dominate the market.

#109 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,961 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'm not sure what you're implying here.?.?

PC sales wouldn't reflect hardcore gamers purchases.  Hardcore gamers aren't buying Dell's and HP's

#110 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:43 PM

Tell me how that next gen Wii U is doing then?  It has been a complete flop.  Nintendo sold a lot of Wii hardware.  Unfortunately they are making nothing from it since no one is actually buying Wii games.

They made a ton of profit from the Wii, it was sold at profit from the launch. Same with the Wii U and the Gamecube. DS and 3ds were more costly but still turned a profit at launch system wise.

#111 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:49 PM

PC sales wouldn't reflect hardcore gamers purchases.  Hardcore gamers aren't buying Dell's and HP's

Exactly. I've never once bought a pre built desktop. 

#112 dugbug

dugbug

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:05 PM

the new kinect is off the hook wild.  Almost shockingly good tech. 

http://www.theverge....ox-one-hands-on

Great googly moogly that is some awesome ****. 

#113 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

They made a ton of profit from the Wii, it was sold at profit from the launch. Same with the Wii U and the Gamecube. DS and 3ds were more costly but still turned a profit at launch system wise.

Ok?  The Wii U has been nothing but a flop.  It is a fact.  It isn't even on the radar with PS3 and Xbox sales and those consoles are many years old.  Nintendo is not even in the console game at this point.

#114 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,181 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

lol "gaming" device

#115 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• HUDDLER
  • 11,330 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:23 PM

Ok?  The Wii U has been nothing but a flop.  It is a fact.  It isn't even on the radar with PS3 and Xbox sales and those consoles are many years old.  Nintendo is not even in the console game at this point.

Counting just this year, yea the Wii U has been a flop. Counting November through Now, not as bad but not great.

That's generally the case with most new systems, the previous ones will continue to sell better till the games match on the new one.

Now if you count just the November - December time period, the Wii U actually had one of the best launch window sales wise in US history. It sold more in the November - December window then both the PS3 and xbox 360 did during there launch window.  The Wii launch was the best at over a million. 

Now the Wii U sales have dropped considerably since then, but once they release a Mario or Zelda game they will jump back up. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.