Ok We got the 4th Pick... Now

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Mike

Mike

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hopefully McLemore will still be available at #4. I think the Cavs are likely to take Noel. The Magic seem set on finding their next point guard, they wanted Smart originally but now I think they'll go with Burke; unless they trade back with a team that wants McLemore because they favor Schroeder or Michael Carter-Williams, in that scenario McLemore is gone, but personally I think they'll go with Burke. The Wizards don't need a shooting guard, so I think they will go for either Bennett or Porter. So hopefully that should leave us McLemore to take at #4. If he's gone to a team that has traded up, or because the Magic have decided to draft him and trade Afflalo for a pick or players, then we could always go with Oladipo, or even Bennett or McCollum. 

Personally I think we've got a number of options to go with at #4, and hopefully we pick well and get another piece for this team's bright future. 

#42 Keith Moons Liver

Keith Moons Liver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Assuming Noel and McLemore are top 3 locks, I'd be fine with either Bennett or Oladipo. The only guy I really DON'T want is Len. 

#43 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

We passed up on a legit scorer like Barnes last year because there were "questions", guys like McLemore and Bazz fit that same mold. Are we gonna do it again this year?

#44 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:58 PM

Len please don't make the same dumb mistake we did not drafting Lopez.

#45 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:03 PM

Len please don't make the same dumb mistake we did not drafting Lopez.

I've never understood this comparison. The only similarities are that they are tall and have that stupid looking no-jump midrange shot. Brook Lopez put up 20 ppg his sophomore year in college. Len put up 12...

#46 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:29 PM

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but the Washington Post is suggesting that the Wizards are seriously thinking about Otto Porter.

#47 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:34 PM

I didn't want to make a new thread for this, but the Washington Post is suggesting that the Wizards are seriously thinking about Otto Porter.

Good. I think they wanted MKG last year.

#48 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:36 PM

I've never understood this comparison. The only similarities are that they are tall and have that stupid looking no-jump midrange shot. Brook Lopez put up 20 ppg his sophomore year in college. Len put up 12...

Then you don't know what you're looking for.

Len has more offensive skill sets then Lopez has now.

Len is faster more of a athlete has more range and a face up game now that Lopez doesn't have.

Plus he will be a better rebounder which Lopez isn't good at.

#49 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

If you can't see the difference in talent then just stop watching Baskeball.

#50 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:48 AM

Then you don't know what you're looking for.

Len has more offensive skill sets then Lopez has now.

Len is faster more of a athlete has more range and a face up game now that Lopez doesn't have.

Plus he will be a better rebounder which Lopez isn't good at.

You may not be wrong, but I think you inadvertently proved my point. That point being that they are different players. 

Alex Len may have more offensive moves but it did not translate to more points in college. Like I said, Brook Lopez was close to 20 ppg his sophomore year. Alex Len, who supposedly has more offensive skill sets, scored 13. Could that be due partly to his guard play on his team? Maybe. But could you realistically say that with more attempts he would put up 20 ppg? I'm not sure that he could. 20 ppg is tough to do in any league.

I see Len more as potentially a slightly better Jonas Valanciunas. And no, it's not because they are both 7'0, white, Europeans. They just move and do so many things similar. Is that a bad player? No. Not at all. I would gladly take him if we had a second pick in the 10-13 range (although I'd prefer Olynyk, but that's for a different time). However, I think it's a serious stretch to compare him to the best scoring C in the NBA. Like I said, outside of being 7'1" and being able to knock down that no-jump midrange shot, I just don't see anything else that should compare the two. Like you said yourself, I think that Len is a bit better in the post, on defense, and as a rebounder. But that is a COMPLETELY different player from what Brook Lopez does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users