Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

241 posts in this topic

That NBA team that won with Bosh at center has Lebron James lol.

The spurs had a true center and arguably one of the best to ever play and they lost so?

I'm going to be straight up with you guys, if we don't draft a Center I'm going to flip the fug out.

The spurs had a true center and arguably one of the best to ever play and they lost so?

Nope....Duncan is a PF...not a Center

Here is what I see happening... pretty confident about it.

If Ben McLemore goes 1, 2, or 3... we take Anthony Bennett.

If Ben McLemore is on the board when we pick at #4... we take McLemore.

so you want either (1) a tweener, or (2) a SG who disappeared in the tournament and then showed up out of shape/over weight at his workouts and looked like crap.....I don't really see either being the pick. 

but, I am just guessing

we're really only lacking a talented big to pair with biz...if biz continues to improve that is

I'm going to be straight up with you guys, if we don't draft a Center I'm going to flip the fug out.

Why reach for a Center this year?  The talent level sucks.

Fact is, Bismack Biyombo is a true center.  Undersized, but he's NOT a PF.  We need to try and get a big man through FA and take an OFFENSIVE player in this draft.  Anthony Bennett or Ben McLemore are the 2 best.

That team was playing against Lebron James.  Both of your arguments contain an anomaly.

Here is what I see happening... pretty confident about it.

If Ben McLemore goes 1, 2, or 3... we take Anthony Bennett.

If Ben McLemore is on the board when we pick at #4... we take McLemore.

Bennett is not really being discussed as our pick and a lot of people have him slipping now because he's not really a "fit" anywhere.

Why reach for a Center this year?  The talent level sucks.

Fact is, Bismack Biyombo is a true center.  Undersized, but he's NOT a PF.  We need to try and get a big man through FA and take an OFFENSIVE player in this draft.  Anthony Bennett or Ben McLemore are the 2 best.

You cannot be a 6'9 center in the NBA and on top of that you want to put a 6'6 Anthony Bennett next to him? 

That's not happening.

I wouldn't call Bizmack a true center.  He's more of a defensive PF much like Ibaka, IMO.  He needs a scorer to play with down low.

I bet Zeller as a rookie will be better than Adams at any point in his entire career.