Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

241 posts in this topic

I bet Zeller as a rookie will be better than Adams at any point in his entire career. 

Adams is super raw, the only thing he will be even remotely good at his first year in the NBA is rebounding.

You cannot be a 6'9 center in the NBA and on top of that you want to put a 6'6 Anthony Bennett next to him? 

That's not happening.

Not entirely true.  He is 6'9" yes, but he has an amazing 7'6" wingspan which is longer than Len OR Noel, by 3 inches or more.  He also has the weight.  I wouldn't call him a true-center like others have, but he can definitely play center if he had too, and be much better at it than guys like Bosh, etc.

1 person likes this

That team was playing against Lebron James. Both of your arguments contain an anomaly.

Heat had lebron and lost to the mavs. Your argument has them to. The point is true centers are a thing of the past. Great guard and forward play wins in the NBA now

undersized doesn't matter if they play bigger than they are...which is what they need to look for in this draft.   surely there's one player that plays bigger than he is.

Don't forget that even the Heat almost lost to the Pacers, because of a true center, Roy Hibbert.  True center are NOT a thing of the past, they are just becoming more rare because of people playing more Europe-type ball.  

Not entirely true.  He is 6'9" yes, but he has an amazing 7'6" wingspan which is longer than Len OR Noel, by 3 inches or more.  He also has the weight.  I wouldn't call him a true-center like others have, but he can definitely play center if he had too, and be much better at it than guys like Bosh, etc.

The wingspan isn't everything though, a good vertical by another player can cancel out a wingspan.

He is a better center than Bosh because Bosh can't defend worth sh*t.

All I know is the heat BEAT two true centers teams with bosh as there's and winning is all that matters.

All I know is the heat BEAT two true centers teams with bosh as there's and winning is all that matters.

Let me know when LBJ walks through the BuzzCats locker room, until then... cut it out with that nonsense.

Let me know when LBJ walks through the BuzzCats locker room, until then... cut it out with that nonsense.

I'm just saying its not needed. You can win in the NBA other ways. I'm not saying we have a lbj on the team but you can actually win games with out a true center

I'm just saying its not needed. You can win in the NBA other ways. I'm not saying we have a lbj on the team but you can actually win games with out a true center

Yes if you have Lebron James or Kevin Durrant surrounded by 1 or 2 other top 15 players.

Sorry their are only 2 of those guys in the league.

Steve Adams?

Uh...he can run....um...

Choosing Adams over CJ Leslie may be questionable...

He will be A 5 fouls guy and 5 rebounds a game guy. So Draft him then?

The Heat example is bad, it just is.  Find me another team that won without a true-center etc.