Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CarolinaPanthers8789

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

241 posts in this topic

I'm just saying its not needed. You can win in the NBA other ways. I'm not saying we have a lbj on the team but you can actually win games with out a true center

Yes, but it certainly helps.

Let's look at the playoff teams this year...

OKC: Kendrick Perkins

Houston: Omer Asik

LAC: DeAndre Jordan

Memphis: Marc Gasol

Denver Nuggets: Kousta Koufos

Golden State: Andrew Bogut

San Antonio: Tiago Splitter

LAL: Dwight Howard

Miami: Chris Bosh

Milwaukee: Larry Sanders

Brooklyn: Brook Lopez

Chicago: Joakim Noah

Indiana: Roy Hibbert

Atlanta: Johan Petro

New York Knicks: Tyson Chandler

Boston: Kevin Garnett

11 of the 16 playoff teams had legit centers... a legit/true center may not be "necessary," but it definitely helps.

Yes, but it certainly helps.

Let's look at the playoff teams this year...

OKC: Kendrick Perkins

Houston: Omer Asik

LAC: DeAndre Jordan

Memphis: Marc Gasol

Denver Nuggets: Kousta Koufos

Golden State: Andrew Bogut

San Antonio: Tiago Splitter

LAL: Dwight Howard

Miami: Chris Bosh

Milwaukee: Larry Sanders

Brooklyn: Brook Lopez

Chicago: Joakim Noah

Indiana: Roy Hibbert

Atlanta: Johan Petro

New York Knicks: Tyson Chandler

Boston: Kevin Garnett

11 of the 16 playoff teams had legit centers... a legit/true center may not be "necessary," but it definitely helps.

2 out of 4 to make to the conference finals didn't have a true center. So it's really a wash to me. I just think personally Vic is te better choice then the centers available through the draft. Len needs one more year of college ball to really get it done before coming to the NBA and I'm not sold on Bennett.

If the team picks a guard, the starting lineup will have no one taller than Biyombo at 6'9". That's fine for a Division-II school, but as far as the NBA goes, we might not get a defensive rebound until the players are wearing Hornets jerseys.

Miami just doesn't count, sorry, Lebron James makes that so.  So who is the other team?  Spurs?  Splitter is a center IMO.   You obviously can't be talking about Gasol or Hibbert...?

2 out of 4 to make to the conference finals didn't have a true center. So it's really a wash to me. I just think personally Vic is te better choice then the centers available through the draft. Len needs one more year of college ball to really get it done before coming to the NBA and I'm not sold on Bennett.

And those two teams have LBJ (the best player in the game) and Tim Duncan (the best PF ever).

If you don't have a superstar, you need a center. At least it appears that way.

If the team picks a guard, the starting lineup will have no one taller than Biyombo at 6'9". That's fine for a Division-II school, but as far as the NBA goes, we might not get a defensive rebound until the players are wearing Hornets jerseys.

Thats why there is free agency.

And those two teams have LBJ (the best player in the game) and Tim Duncan (the best PF ever).

If you don't have a superstar, you need a center. At least it appears that way.

Magic Johnson compared Vic to mj. We've found our superstar. While I don't believe Vic will be mj good he's a good piece to build around with this center talent lacking. That's all I'm trying to say

The only person you take over bigs in this draft, is McLemore.  

1 person likes this

Magic Johnson compared Vic to mj. We've found our superstar. While I don't believe Vic will be mj good he's a good piece to build around with this center talent lacking. That's all I'm trying to say

And Magic was a great judge of talent that's why he lasted so long as a HC........ ............OH Wait

So because Magic says Vic is like MJ. We should expect Vic to avg. 28.2 points a game his rookie season right??

I don't get the infatuation with Biz from the Bobcat/Hornets fans here. I think Ewing will be able to help him but I seriously doubt he will ever develop into a guy that will average more than 9-10 points a game. They need to get him to become that defensive enforcer that can get you 10-11 rebounds, 2 blocks and clog up the middle. Get him to the point to where a smaller player is seriously going to regret driving inside. At this point in his career, and YES I KNOW HE IS RAW, he looks like a reach and borderline bad pick at #7. 

Soooo.....like I said I'm not sold on any of the big guys in this draft but I can understand fully if the Horcats pick a guy like Zeller or Len. It truly fills a need. With that being said, true "centers" in the NBA are like heavyweights in boxing. It's a dying breed and it ain't coming back. Roy Hibbert is the closest thing to a true center in the NBA and he basically had his way with Chris Bosh in the playoffs and the Pacers still lost. 

Plain and simple with MKG on this team Victor makes no scenes for this team.