240 replies to this topic

#31 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• ALL-PRO
  • 11,622 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:03 AM

I'd rather take Oladipo if he's there, over the 9th and 26th pick. Even if they added in Derrick Williams, I'd still turn that poo down. Make that a first rounder next year that's unprotected and we got a deal though. The 9th, 2014 first rounder and Williams. 

#32 MrBubba

MrBubba

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'd rather take Oladipo if he's there, over the 9th and 26th pick. Even if they added in Derrick Williams, I'd still turn that poo down. Make that a first rounder next year that's unprotected and we got a deal though. The 9th, 2014 first rounder and Williams. 

I'd take that in a heartbeat, pick a play like Zeller at nine, and get a first next year "thank you may I have another". 

#33 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

Would like that trade. This draft is horrible anyway.... I'd almost rather roll the dice on Shabazz at 9 rather than take Oladipo at 4. Derrick Williams would also be a solid asset

#34 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 858 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:29 PM

Ehh, I'd tell them to keep Williams but I MIGHT consider 9, 26, and 2014 pick.

Either way, none of this is happening and I'd estimate our chances of moving down to be about 2%.

#35 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,588 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:05 PM

Williams is a solid player... with the 26th pick, you're not going to find a player better than Derrick Williams.

He can play and guard three different positions and averaged 12.0 points per game on 43% (5.5 rebounds)... compare that to Gordon (40%), Mullens (38%), Thomas (35%), Adrien (42%), Diop (29%)... We could definitely find a place for him on the roster.

And you also mentioned that you gave us a 2% of trading down, well for that being the case... we sure interviewed a lot of mid-tier players. If a good opportunity presents itself, I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte move down.

Williams, the 9th, and a future protected first would get it done. Some people might say that is an over payment by Minnesota, but they want to get rid of Williams so they can re-sign Pekovic and Love (when it comes time).

#36 Mike

Mike

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Williams is a solid player... with the 26th pick, you're not going to find a player better than Derrick Williams.

He can play and guard three different positions and averaged 12.0 points per game on 43% (5.5 rebounds)... compare that to Gordon (40%), Mullens (38%), Thomas (35%), Adrien (42%), Diop (29%)... We could definitely find a place for him on the roster.

And you also mentioned that you gave us a 2% of trading down, well for that being the case... we sure interviewed a lot of mid-tier players. If a good opportunity presents itself, I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte move down.

Williams, the 9th, and a future protected first would get it done. Some people might say that is an over payment by Minnesota, but they want to get rid of Williams so they can re-sign Pekovic and Love (when it comes time).

I'd have to agree that Williams, plus a 9th and a future first would be a good deal for us to take, especially if that future first is in next year's draft. I think the deal would even be possible with just Williams and a 9th, but an extra pick would be a great asset. 

For me, trading back is more likely if we re-sign Henderson. With Henderson on the roster we'd be unlikely to take McLemore or Oladipo because we'd be set with Henderson starting at SG. So even if the deal was just Williams and their 9th, then I think that would be a good scenario for us because Williams backing up or pushing for the starting role with MKG would be a good combination at SF, and by having another very talented SF it would help push MKG to develop otherwise he could lose his role, and equally having MKG would help push Williams to improve. Also by trading back it would allow us to grab a big man like Zeller or Len. 

I think trading back is certainly an attractive option if we re-sign Henderson. But if we don't re-sign Henderson then I think grabbing McLemore would be the ideal pick, and if he's gone (i.e. if someone trades up to get him, or the Magic take him instead of Burke), then Oladipo would be a good alternative. Personally I'd rather us keep Henderson and go for a Williams/Zeller combination type deal, but if we get McLemore he'd be an excellent player to pair with Kemba. 

#37 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,588 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

News will start picking up as we get closer to draft day, but a few new tidbits have come out that I put in the OP.

#38 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,643 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

News will start picking up as we get closer to draft day, but a few new tidbits have come out that I put in the OP.

i hope so, i read some where that they have yet to workout anyone out. my top 3 would be McLenmore, Len, and Bennett. this team needs scorers bad.

#39 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz.  I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

I think our draft board looks like this:

1. Noel

2. McLemore

3. Bennett

4. Oladipo

5. Len

6. Porter

7. Burke

8. Zeller

I'm still on the Bennett bandwagon and think he is going to be our pick as long as Orlando doesn't take him at #2.

#40 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,601 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz. I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

1. Noel
2. McLemore
3. Bennett
4. Oladipo
5. Len
6. Porter
7. Burke
8. Zeller

I'm still on the Bennett bandwagon and think he is going to be our pick as long as Orlando doesn't take him at #2.

Why am I having such a hard time getting excited about Bennett?

Plz someone pretend like you are his agent and sell me on this undersized PF. If we draft him I want to become a blind homer and swear he is Larry Johnson redux. But I can't get there yet.

#41 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,958 posts
  • Location704

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

We need a center.

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz. I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

1. Noel
2. McLemore
3. Bennett
4. Oladipo
5. Len
6. Porter
7. Burke
8. Zeller

I think our draft board looks more like this:

(1) Noel
(2) McLemore
(3) Len
(4) Bennett
(5) Oladipo

#43 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Why am I having such a hard time getting excited about Bennett?

Plz someone pretend like you are his agent and sell me on this undersized PF. If we draft him I want to become a blind homer and swear he is Larry Johnson redux. But I can't get there yet.

Bennett is 6'7", 240... LJ was 6'5-1/2", 235... The size and build is very similar with Bennett having another inch on him.

Bennett has a freakish wingspan of 7'1" and a wide frame like LJ which makes up for his undersized height and allows him to take up some space in the paint.

His comparisons to LJ are not just with size and build.  He is explosive around the rim throwing down monster dunks (think LJ, Kenneth Faried, Paul Milsap), he is a terror on the offensive boards, and is very good using both hands on both sides of the basket.

Not sure how many people followed LJ, but he came into the league mainly a post player and as his career progreessed in Charlotte, he gained a little bit of a 3pt shot his last few years with the Hornets.  Bennett already has a decent 3 pt shot shooting 37% his freshman year at UNLV and will immediately be able to stretch the floor.

I truly think Bennett is the most sure thing at the top of the draft and still has a lot of upside while guys like McLemore and Noel are more high risk, high reward guys.  I think Bennett is a low-risk pick with good character (he's Canadian).  If Bobcats had the #1 pick, I personally would still be considering him depending on the severity of Noel's knee & whether they are sold that McLemore has the killer instinct that some scout say he lacks.

#44 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,222 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

I think our draft board looks more like this:

(1) Noel
(2) McLemore
(3) Len
(4) Bennett
(5) Oladipo

Easily could, I am just not sold on Len personally

#45 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,601 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Bennett is 6'7", 240... LJ was 6'5-1/2", 235... The size and build is very similar with Bennett having another inch on him.

Bennett has a freakish wingspan of 7'1" and a wide frame like LJ which makes up for his undersized height and allows him to take up some space in the paint.

His comparisons to LJ are not just with size and build.  He is explosive around the rim throwing down monster dunks (think LJ, Kenneth Faried, Paul Milsap), he is a terror on the offensive boards, and is very good using both hands on both sides of the basket.

Not sure how many people followed LJ, but he came into the league mainly a post player and as his career progreessed in Charlotte, he gained a little bit of a 3pt shot his last few years with the Hornets.  Bennett already has a decent 3 pt shot shooting 37% his freshman year at UNLV and will immediately be able to stretch the floor.

I truly think Bennett is the most sure thing at the top of the draft and still has a lot of upside while guys like McLemore and Noel are more high risk, high reward guys.  I think Bennett is a low-risk pick with good character (he's Canadian).  If Bobcats had the #1 pick, I personally would still be considering him depending on the severity of Noel's knee & whether they are sold that McLemore has the killer instinct that some scout say he lacks.

Thanks!

My favorite part of you analysis was your evidence that he was a high character kid.  "He's Canadian".  lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users