Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Hornets NBA Draft News Thread

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
240 replies to this topic

#37 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:32 AM

News will start picking up as we get closer to draft day, but a few new tidbits have come out that I put in the OP.

#38 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:26 AM

News will start picking up as we get closer to draft day, but a few new tidbits have come out that I put in the OP.

i hope so, i read some where that they have yet to workout anyone out. my top 3 would be McLenmore, Len, and Bennett. this team needs scorers bad.

#39 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz.  I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

I think our draft board looks like this:

1. Noel

2. McLemore

3. Bennett

4. Oladipo

5. Len

6. Porter

7. Burke

8. Zeller

I'm still on the Bennett bandwagon and think he is going to be our pick as long as Orlando doesn't take him at #2.

#40 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:12 PM

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz. I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

1. Noel
2. McLemore
3. Bennett
4. Oladipo
5. Len
6. Porter
7. Burke
8. Zeller

I'm still on the Bennett bandwagon and think he is going to be our pick as long as Orlando doesn't take him at #2.

Why am I having such a hard time getting excited about Bennett?

Plz someone pretend like you are his agent and sell me on this undersized PF. If we draft him I want to become a blind homer and swear he is Larry Johnson redux. But I can't get there yet.

#41 Carl Spackler

Carl Spackler

Cinderella story

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

We need a center.

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 13 June 2013 - 04:09 PM

Reports are the Porter will not make it out of the top 3, hence why he has refused to workout for any other teams but Cavs, Magic, Wiz. I like Porter's game alot, but he is the only guy that really doesn't make sense positionally if we resign Gerald Henderson.

1. Noel
2. McLemore
3. Bennett
4. Oladipo
5. Len
6. Porter
7. Burke
8. Zeller

I think our draft board looks more like this:

(1) Noel
(2) McLemore
(3) Len
(4) Bennett
(5) Oladipo

#43 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:25 AM

Why am I having such a hard time getting excited about Bennett?

Plz someone pretend like you are his agent and sell me on this undersized PF. If we draft him I want to become a blind homer and swear he is Larry Johnson redux. But I can't get there yet.

Bennett is 6'7", 240... LJ was 6'5-1/2", 235... The size and build is very similar with Bennett having another inch on him.

Bennett has a freakish wingspan of 7'1" and a wide frame like LJ which makes up for his undersized height and allows him to take up some space in the paint.

His comparisons to LJ are not just with size and build.  He is explosive around the rim throwing down monster dunks (think LJ, Kenneth Faried, Paul Milsap), he is a terror on the offensive boards, and is very good using both hands on both sides of the basket.

Not sure how many people followed LJ, but he came into the league mainly a post player and as his career progreessed in Charlotte, he gained a little bit of a 3pt shot his last few years with the Hornets.  Bennett already has a decent 3 pt shot shooting 37% his freshman year at UNLV and will immediately be able to stretch the floor.

I truly think Bennett is the most sure thing at the top of the draft and still has a lot of upside while guys like McLemore and Noel are more high risk, high reward guys.  I think Bennett is a low-risk pick with good character (he's Canadian).  If Bobcats had the #1 pick, I personally would still be considering him depending on the severity of Noel's knee & whether they are sold that McLemore has the killer instinct that some scout say he lacks.

#44 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

I think our draft board looks more like this:

(1) Noel
(2) McLemore
(3) Len
(4) Bennett
(5) Oladipo

Easily could, I am just not sold on Len personally

#45 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 09:47 AM

Bennett is 6'7", 240... LJ was 6'5-1/2", 235... The size and build is very similar with Bennett having another inch on him.

Bennett has a freakish wingspan of 7'1" and a wide frame like LJ which makes up for his undersized height and allows him to take up some space in the paint.

His comparisons to LJ are not just with size and build.  He is explosive around the rim throwing down monster dunks (think LJ, Kenneth Faried, Paul Milsap), he is a terror on the offensive boards, and is very good using both hands on both sides of the basket.

Not sure how many people followed LJ, but he came into the league mainly a post player and as his career progreessed in Charlotte, he gained a little bit of a 3pt shot his last few years with the Hornets.  Bennett already has a decent 3 pt shot shooting 37% his freshman year at UNLV and will immediately be able to stretch the floor.

I truly think Bennett is the most sure thing at the top of the draft and still has a lot of upside while guys like McLemore and Noel are more high risk, high reward guys.  I think Bennett is a low-risk pick with good character (he's Canadian).  If Bobcats had the #1 pick, I personally would still be considering him depending on the severity of Noel's knee & whether they are sold that McLemore has the killer instinct that some scout say he lacks.

Thanks!

My favorite part of you analysis was your evidence that he was a high character kid.  "He's Canadian".  lol

#46 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Thanks!

My favorite part of you analysis was your evidence that he was a high character kid.  "He's Canadian".  lol

Never met a Canuck I didn't like.

#47 Manos

Manos

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

Never met a Canuck I didn't like.

Ever met anyone from Quebec? Not saying they are all insane but...ok maybe I am. I've met plenty of awesome Canadians just not from Quebec.

#48 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

I've been reading that Minnesota has worked out Victor Oladipo and is very high on him.

In the OP, there is that one tidbit from a while back on Charlotte and Minnesota possibly being in trade talks.

I have to wonder if there could be a deal in the works so that Minnesota can jump up and get Oladipo.

The Timberwolves will sit down with Victor Oladipo on Friday, a source tells 1500 ESPN.

The team has the ninth overall pick, and it's hard to imagine Oladipo lasting that long at this point. "Numerous sources" told 1500 ESPN that Flip Saunders has a legitimate interest in Oladipo, and the report speculates that Derrick Williams could be used as trade bait in an effort to move up in the draft and take Oladipo.