#91 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:35 PM

You mean the same McLemore that showed up to Phoenix out of shape or the same Nerlens Noel that has no offensive game?

Brilliant

I was the one posted that article about Ben being outta shape up. Only someone immature enough would let something that little affect their draft process. Noel will find his way to score offensively.

You're absolutely biased and creating silly reasons to make you think no one is better than Len. Len is no much better than any other guys in this draft. Just remember to keep an open mind, bc whoever we do take you're going to be rooting for. Don't be a fool two weeks from now and tell everyone sorry for your comments on Noel, Ben, or Bennett if we do take one of them next Thursday.

#92 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:39 PM

It's easy to say that you shouldn't let a poor workout deter you from drafting a player when your job doesn't depend on it (like Cho's).

I won't be sorry, and if we draft a player that fails I will be the first to tell you I told you so and if they succeed; I will be the first to eat crow.

#93 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

It's easy to say that you shouldn't let a poor workout deter you from drafting a player when your job doesn't depend on it (like Cho's).

I won't be sorry, and if we draft a player that fails I will be the first to tell you I told you so and if they succeed; I will be the first to eat crow.

That's why all GMs always go back to the game films.

#94 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 07:50 PM

Hopefully he skips over the NCAA tournament lol.

#95 Ship

Ship

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:21 PM

Here's a question: is a shooter without a killer instinct really a shooter? What's the point of having that skill if you can't use it to dominate? This is why I don't want McLemore and I think if we shift to our other need: a big man, Len should be the first choice.

Len is working his way off rehab and in his interview he said he was working out at Maryland with his coaches. Meanwhile McLemore's stuck in an agent and representation dispute so he is out of shape? That's lame, again he is being complacent and not seizing the opportunity being one of the few top players who is healthy enough to work out. He should be putting in the work, somewhere, even on his own, into being the best player in this draft. 

Like Steve Prefontaine said "to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

I'd take a team full of MKGs and Oladipos over a team of Harrison Barnes' and McLemores any day.

Still want Len though. We have Patrick Ewing as a coach for this season, we aren't planning on pushing for the playoffs and there is no apparent all star in this draft, if Len is there we need to take him and give him a cot at the foot of the angel of death's bed all season long. It's the best investment for us as a team, keep Hendo, find a PF in FA or 2014.

#96 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:35 PM

If Len is gone I wouldnt mind trading back and drafting Zeller or Steven Adams

#97 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,953 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

If Len is gone I wouldnt mind trading back and drafting Zeller or Steven Adams

I read somewhere that Steven Adams is rising up the draft boards, can't remember where I read it though.

#98 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,950 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

I read somewhere that Steven Adams is rising up the draft boards, can't remember where I read it though.

I wouldnt be shocked, his numbers are similar to Len after his freshman year and he has a pro body

#99 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:13 PM

Here's a question: is a shooter without a killer instinct really a shooter? What's the point of having that skill if you can't use it to dominate? This is why I don't want McLemore and I think if we shift to our other need: a big man, Len should be the first choice.

Len is working his way off rehab and in his interview he said he was working out at Maryland with his coaches. Meanwhile McLemore's stuck in an agent and representation dispute so he is out of shape? That's lame, again he is being complacent and not seizing the opportunity being one of the few top players who is healthy enough to work out. He should be putting in the work, somewhere, even on his own, into being the best player in this draft.

Like Steve Prefontaine said "to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift."

I'd take a team full of MKGs and Oladipos over a team of Harrison Barnes' and McLemores any day.

Still want Len though. We have Patrick Ewing as a coach for this season, we aren't planning on pushing for the playoffs and there is no apparent all star in this draft, if Len is there we need to take him and give him a cot at the foot of the angel of death's bed all season long. It's the best investment for us as a team, keep Hendo, find a PF in FA or 2014.

The problem with Ben is he's a hot prospect. When you're considered a top prospect, you hires your guys and you listen to them. Sometime it's good, sometime it's bad. With Ben, it's bad. For Len, he has nothing but to to workout bc before this week he was seen as a mid to late lottery guy.

And, I'd actually take Barnes/Ben over MKG/Oladipo if you want wins. If you want heart and intensity, then you go the other way.

#100 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:16 PM

Seen it too, but don't believe he'll crack the top 8 pick. He has great size, but is awfully raw and a project. Some said who ever takes him may end up sending him in the DLeague his rookie year.

#101 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

every player in this draft sucks. 

#102 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

If Len's not their I'd take Mclemore or trade down.

#103 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Ben McLemore,SG KU

Definitely not outta shape!

#104 Third Degree

Third Degree

Bucket of Boat Trash

• HUDDLER
  • 4,829 posts
  • Location704

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

Len or trade the pick.

#105 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,956 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

I still have McLemore way ahead of Len. McLemore has the biggest upside and is the closet thing to an all star player out of this draft. He has the potential to be the face of your franchise like a Durant or Harden.

(1) McLemore
(2) Len
(3) Noel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users