• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:34 PM

Also, just look at Golden State for example. That's a franchise that build their team through a young back court like OKC. They decided to go with more veteran presences inside. OKC (2011) and Golden State this year were too fast for other teams to keep up with. San Antonio had serious problem keeping up with Curry, Thompson, and Barnes in the Playoffs. They're killing Memphis right now bc Memphis is no where as quick as those guys. Adding Bazz and finding a veteran presence inside would benefit this team more into the future imo.

The problem is that Bazz isn't built like a SG, he's too heavy and thick in the body for that and it slows him down. He doesn't have the quickness in half court sets to take NBA SG's off dribble and create his own shot, which means he needs to either loose some serious weight or he's playing SF in the NBA.  The Bobcat's already have a SF with MKG, so unless you want to draft Bazz and make him loose 15 pounds or so to get his quickness to NBA SG levels, he doesn't make sense for Charlotte to draft. 

#42 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

The problem is that Bazz isn't built like a SG, he's too heavy and thick in the body for that and it slows him down. He doesn't have the quickness in half court sets to take NBA SG's off dribble and create his own shot, which means he needs to either loose some serious weight or he's playing SF in the NBA.  The Bobcat's already have a SF with MKG, so unless you want to draft Bazz and make him loose 15 pounds or so to get his quickness to NBA SG levels, he doesn't make sense for Charlotte to draft. 

How?

James Harden: 6'5'' 220 lbs, 6'10'' wingspan

Shabazz Muhammad: 6'5'' 225 lbs, 6'11'' wingspan

Both are built so similar. I dont see how some are saying he's a SF, not SG.

#43 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 02:46 PM

How?

James Harden: 6'5'' 220 lbs, 6'10'' wingspan

Shabazz Muhammad: 6'5'' 225 lbs, 6'11'' wingspan

Both are built so similar. I dont see how some are saying he's a SF, not SG.

Harden is a quicker and more explosive player then Shabazz.  Harden is also a better ball handler and passer then Shabazz. They play the game so much differently it isn't even funny. Harden when he drives looks to get other players involved no matter the talent around him. Shabazz is always looking for the shot.  In College Harden averaged over 4 assist per game, Shabazz didn't even average 1. 

When I say that Shabazz needs to loose weight, I'm saying that because he doesn't show NBA SG quickness at his current weight of 225. He's going to either play SF or loose weight to get quicker. His lack of elite quickness really shows in half court sets. 

#44 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

Who told you that he was a headcase other than the media. He was never made up to be a problem until last season at UCLA. Bazz is a soft spoken, humble, and passionate person. No one is complaining about Westbrook. I think his attitude on the court is far worse. And there's plenty more.

Completely agree with you on Westbrook, but OKC has the players to keep him from going off the deep end.

#45 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:30 PM

Harden is a quicker and more explosive player then Shabazz. Harden is also a better ball handler and passer then Shabazz. They play the game so much differently it isn't even funny. Harden when he drives looks to get other players involved no matter the talent around him. Shabazz is always looking for the shot. In College Harden averaged over 4 assist per game, Shabazz didn't even average 1.

When I say that Shabazz needs to loose weight, I'm saying that because he doesn't show NBA SG quickness at his current weight of 225. He's going to either play SF or loose weight to get quicker. His lack of elite quickness really shows in half court sets.

I think you're basing it on Harden's past season. No one really thought Harden was anything more than a role player, 6th man kind of guy until this season. He proved a lot of people wrong that he's capable of being the no.1 guy. Bazz is still only 20 yrs old and we have only seen 1 season of him. It can only get better from here on.

#46 carpanfan96

carpanfan96

play hard, hit harder

• LocationLexington, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

I think you're basing it on Harden's past season. No one really thought Harden was anything more than a role player, 6th man kind of guy until this season. He proved a lot of people wrong that he's capable of being the no.1 guy. Bazz is still only 20 yrs old and we have only seen 1 season of him. It can only get better from here on.

Ummm, no. Your wrong on all accounts. He was largely considered to be the Thunder's Second best player when he was there coming off the bench. He did get 30+ minutes a game his last year in Oklahoma. He was considered one of the NBA's best SG's and was coming off the bench for the Thunder. There's a reason he got such a big deal from the Rockets. 

Coming into the draft in 2009 he was considered the Draft's best all around player as well. I haven't really watched a bunch of the Playoff's.

#47 Mike

Mike

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

I think Bazz could turn into a good player, though I am not sure if he is the 'right' pick fourth overall. Personally I'm more in favor of us taking McLemore if he's still available, and if not, go with Oladipo or McCollum, because any of those could be good options at shooting guard. Bazz is talent, but I don't think he fits what we want. 

#48 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

Ummm, no. Your wrong on all accounts. He was largely considered to be the Thunder's Second best player when he was there coming off the bench. He did get 30+ minutes a game his last year in Oklahoma. He was considered one of the NBA's best SG's and was coming off the bench for the Thunder. There's a reason he got such a big deal from the Rockets.

Coming into the draft in 2009 he was considered the Draft's best all around player as well. I haven't really watched a bunch of the Playoff's.

I still think he's best fitted as a SG in the next level. The kid is only 6'6. I don't know how we'll be is to guard 6'8" SF like Paul George. His game is so similar to Harden. If people wanna believe that Anthony Bennett can play SF with his speed, Bazz def can play SG with his speed.

#49 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• Locationtied to your basement wall
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:31 PM

carolina chuck seriously freaking annoys me. Can't explain it

#50 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW