Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Did G-man jump the gun a little too soon in FA? I realize hindsight is always 20:20.

32 posts in this topic

Posted

That Rhodes highlight video was good. My only issue with the FS spot is the Panthers are committing Godfrey to it. If Rhodes came in on a cheap contract and is a rotational player, that's fine.  I don't know though -- i'm more concerned about the SS position at this point with not having someone already assumed to be the starter there.

if Rhodes stepped on the field....he was easily be our best S.  Why would you want your best S to be just be a rotational guy?

1 person likes this

Posted

if Rhodes stepped on the field....he was easily be our best S

He's that good, huh?

Posted

if Rhodes stepped on the field....he was easily be our best S.  Why would you want your best S to be just be a rotational guy?

So then Godfrey at SS & Rhodes at FS?

Honestly man, I stated Godfrey is planned to be at FS, so you're adding Rhodes (FS) in the mix. If you start Rhodes and rotate Godfrey instead of him starting, he's on the bench waiting for his turn at the tune of $3.7M this year. Just doesn't add up that way

Posted

If there's any jumping of the gun, it's the creation of threads like these. IT'S STILL MAY.

2 people like this

Posted

He's that good, huh?

No. Our Ss are that weak. Who is better than Rhodes?

Posted

So then Godfrey at SS & Rhodes at FS?

Honestly man, I stated Godfrey is planned to be at FS, so you're adding Rhodes (FS) in the mix. If you start Rhodes and rotate Godfrey instead of him starting, he's on the bench waiting for his turn at the tune of $3.7M this year. Just doesn't add up that way

Why would you rotate G when he is your 2nd best S? You start Rhodes and Godfrey at S. Those are your starters.

People are too fixated on Godfrey suddenly only being our starting FS. Put Rhodes at FS and Godfrey at SS.

Posted

The fixation on Godfrey playing FS seems to come from his inaffective SS play and the coaches announcing his move to FS this season

1 person likes this

Posted

The fixation on Godfrey playing FS seems to come from his inaffective SS play and the coaches announcing his move to FS this season

Yeah, and he went to SS bc of his ineffective FS play....

He isn't very good. So if you can land a quality S....why not play him where he can be good. Or are we still on the "this will be the year Godfrey finally isn't below average to average" kick still?