• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

#11 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:51 AM

Every draft prospect in this draft have questions. Nobody is a for sure thing so depending on need of any team Len could be a top 5 pick. That should be simple to see.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:52 AM

Starbury Played for team USA so did a bunch of other meh players what does that mean.

Plain and simple. He offers nothing on the offense end. He will never be more then 230 meaning he will never hold up in the post. He has no handles so no face up game.

If you think Tyson Chandler a superstar then OK. Let's look at the Super stars career numbers

http://espn.go.com/n.../tyson-chandler

8.7 pts -9.1 rebounds 1.3 blocks. Says superstar all over it.

I never said Chandler was a superstar, in fact I never even compared Noel to Chandler... All I said is that if player starts for team USA and is an All-Star; they must be doing something right.

As far as Noel goes, it's harder to teach defense than offense (anyone that has played basketball at any level know's that), which is why you always see coaches running drills solely designed to improve players defensive skills before even implementing a set offense.

If Noel can get someone that will help him work on his offensive game, he will turn out alright.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Every draft prospect in this draft have questions. Nobody is a for sure thing so depending on need of any team Len could be a top 5 pick. That should be simple to see.

And some have less questions than others and the majority of those players will able to answer those questions in workouts, unlike Len.

It would be one thing if Len had some decent film to display his offensive game... but he was playing fourth string to the guards at Maryland, he never truly got to showcase his offensive game.

At the end of the day, it would be wise if Charlotte traded down for Len.

I don't see what the point of arguing is, we agree on the player... it shouldn't be hard to say "hey let's trade down so we can get the guy we want while also picking up another draft pick"... it's not is hard as your making it out to be.

#14 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

I never said Chandler was a superstar, in fact I never even compared Noel to Chandler... All I said is that if player starts for team USA and is an All-Star; they must be doing something right.

As far as Noel goes, it's harder to teach defense than offense (anyone that has played basketball at any level know's that), which is why you always see coaches running drills solely designed to improve players defensive skills before even implementing a set offense.

If Noel can get someone that will help him work on his offensive game, he will turn out alright.

To bad we need offense and to be more acurate a "Post scorer". We have drafted enough offensivly challenge players.

#15 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

And some have less questions than others and the majority of those players will able to answer those questions in workouts, unlike Len.

It would be one thing if Len had some decent film to display his offensive game... but he was playing fourth string to the guards at Maryland, he never truly got to showcase his offensive game.

At the end of the day, it would be wise if Charlotte traded down for Len.

I don't see what the point of arguing is, we agree on the player... it shouldn't be hard to say "hey let's trade down so we can get the guy we want while also picking up another draft pick"... it's not is hard as your making it out to be.

You're Idea of potential is way different then mine.

#16 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

To bad we need offense and to be more acurate a "Post scorer". We have drafted enough offensivly challenge players.

That is something I agree with, but if you have the potential to draft a game changer who is Dikembe Mutumboesque on the defensive end... you draft them.

Cho even said that Charlotte is not drafting based on what players they have on the roster, that implies BPA...

This argument is a moot point because Noel isn't falling to us... the real argument is why is Len worth the fourth overall pick.

#17 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:59 AM

Like I said I don't see a reason to trade down and risk somebody else taking him. Take him at 4 case close move on.

#18 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:00 AM

You're Idea of potential is way different then mine.

I didn't even mention potential in that post...

#19 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

That is something I agree with, but if you have the potential to draft a game changer who is Dikembe Mutumboesque on the defensive end... you draft them.

Cho even said that Charlotte is not drafting based on what players they have on the roster, that implies BPA...

This argument is a moot point because Noel isn't falling to us... the real argument is why is Len worth the fourth overall pick.

He's not Dikemebe sque either. Dikemebe was bigger and stronger and longer then this kid this kid will ever be. Dikemebe could hold a post position this kid will never be able to do that. He is 206 pounds with not much frame to add more.

Thank god we didn't get the first pick and had to deal with taking Tyson Chandler JR.

#20 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

HUDDLER

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:04 AM

Like I said I don't see a reason to trade down and risk somebody else taking him. Take him at 4 case close move on.

Lol, it's not case closed because you are drafting a player that is not worth the fourth pick... I have been providing you fact after fact and you completely ignore them...

Please, look at the draft order...

1. Cleveland - Assume they take Noel...

2. Orlando - Assume they take McLemore

3. Washington- Counletess numbers of post players

4. Charlotte - Needs  a post player

5. Phoenix Gortat

6. New Orleans: Davis

7. Kings: Cousins

8. Pistons: Drummond

9: Timberwolves: Pekovic/Love

10: Trail Blazers: Aldridge

Open your eyes man, this screams trade down...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users