#76 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,698 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:04 AM

Nice to see you've come around young one.

We all make mistakes, some are just to foolish to admit when they're wrong.

I admit, I was wrong.

#77 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:17 AM

I would not mind Len, but I'm still not convinced that he is worthy of the no.4 pick. This draft is such a poo that I really dont care who we select, bc everyone is on the same ground. If the goal is that we need a big man on the front court then you take him without hesitation, but if you want someone close to being a franchise player I'd go with Bennett even though he's 6'7. Bennett is better offensively, defensively, and a nastier rebounder than Len. There's more to like for Bennett than Len. If Bennett was 6'9, he'd easily be the 1st guy off the board in three weeks. I dont care if Len weigh the same amount of weight as Howard, or if you think he's coming out better offensively than Hibbert and Lopez. It's hard to compare him to those guys at this point. Hopefully his potential is Lopez and not Andrea Bargnani. 

If Noel, McLemore, and Bennett goes 1, 2, and 3 than you gotta take Len at 4 or trade the pick and take him lower. There will be teams that would love to move up for Porter or Oladipo. I would much rather have Len than Oladipo, I think.

#78 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

I would not mind Len, but I'm still not convinced that he is worthy of the no.4 pick. This draft is such a poo that I really dont care who we select, bc everyone is on the same ground. If the goal is that we need a big man on the front court then you take him without hesitation, but if you want someone close to being a franchise player I'd go with Bennett even though he's 6'7. Bennett is better offensively, defensively, and a nastier rebounder than Len. There's more to like for Bennett than Len. If Bennett was 6'9, he'd easily be the 1st guy off the board in three weeks. I dont care if he weigh the same amount of weight as Howard, or if you think he's coming out better offensively than Hibbert and Lopez. It's hard to compare him to those guys at this point. Hopefully his potential is Lopez and not Andrea Bargnani. 

The problem with Bennet is that besides LBJ, there are not many great SF/PF tweeners in the NBA. Recently we have seen a bunch fail... 

2000: Marcus Fizer

2001: Rodney White

2003: Michael Sweetney

2008: Michael Beasley

2010: Al-Farouq Aminu

2011: Derrick Williams

All of these guys were top ten picks and Beasley and Williams were highly touted players (more so than Bennett) coming into the NBA Draft.

Bennett is literally my last option behind McLemore and Len.

#79 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

Fuggin DP 

#80 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Exactly what Bennett is: Marcus Fizer...although he is an explosive guy.

I think Derrick Williams is a good NBA guy but still the tweeners are inconsistant at best.

The logic that this draft is pooh is the exact reason to draft Len at 4. Do not give into draft ranking "peer-media pressure"

Anyone hi-fiving after drafting a Noel is really disconnected from reality. Too many things have to fall in place for that guy to succeed at a Marcus Camby level.

#81 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:56 PM

It's funny how GM's think they are smarter than all the fans, media folk and former players combined. I was one of the people on the Andre Drummond bandwagon last year and look what he did for Detroit. I'm also one of the people who cried about the Panthers not having one first round guy at DT for over eight years now. Their new GM comes in and what does he do?! Quite refreshing IMO! I can't be more excited for the franchise and the defense.

So why buy a sports car if what you need is a truck, and everybody knows it?

#82 rippadonn

rippadonn

Since 2006

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,917 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

The two most valuable positions in the NBA are PG and C. You have those two and you can go very far. Miami wishes they had a dominant C. The Spurs have got those positions covered.

#83 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 6,222 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

It's funny how GM's think they are smarter than all the fans, media folk and former players combined. I was one of the people on the Andre Drummond bandwagon last year and look what he did for Detroit. I'm also one of the people who cried about the Panthers not having one first round guy at DT for over eight years now. Their new GM comes in and what does he do?! Quite refreshing IMO! I can't be more excited for the franchise and the defense.

So why buy a sports car if what you need is a truck, and everybody knows it?

I thought Drummond had the size skillset to be the pick last season. For a team that needed size and three point shooting I thought MKG was a curious pick(a good one) but "the motor" was a question with Drummond but what big guy does not have that as their question?

Roy Hibbert had that.

Lens a truck... We need to haul a ton of stuff.

Noel is an ambulance with a flat tire.

#84 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,605 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:32 PM

I am a big fan of Len. People say he disappeared at time but it seemed to me that the offense disappeared him because they would not feed him the ball for long stretches.

I think he can be a legit starting center in the NBA. Maybe not a franchise guy but those guys are rare anyway.

#85 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,958 posts
  • Location704

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:53 PM

The team is never gonna be good until it gets some good big guys. 

Only playoff season: 2009-10

Big guys on 2009-10 team included Tyson Chandler and Theo Ratliff.

Pick Len.

#86 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

JUMP SHIP

Alex Len Bandwagon!!!

After taking more look at Len and the state of this franchise (Hornets), I have decided to jump with ALEX LEN. One thing for sure with Len is that I love his size. YOU CANT TEACH SIZE! We've seen what Hibbert done in the Playoffs two straight years with the Pacers. Len is a mismatch over anyone inside the paint except probably for Hibbert. Len's game is well rounded. He's a scorer, rebounder on both end, great in transition, defensive player, and lastly a FINISHER! Len's post game is also incredible.There's too much to like with Len. The kid also moves so damn well at this size, almost like a SF. Len's ability to play the pick-n-roll will help Kemba transition into a much better PG in his 3rd year.

I'm sick and tired of seeing BJ Mullens playing like a SF at 7 foot. Every time Mullens is on the court we are at a disadvantage, bc MKG, Taylor, or Hendo has to jump into the paint and act as a PF. Len will solidfy the paint with Biz/FA. For some reason, I am have the same gut feeling on Len this year as I did with Andre Drummond last year. Something like you know he should be the pick, but you just like someone else more for whatever reasons. I went back and look at some of Drummond's highlights this past season, and my jaw just dropped. Len is so much like Drummond in that he can finish the play.

I'M ALL IN, IN LEN!!!  Please dont screw this pick up.

#87 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

Well now that it's all settled, let's let Cho and MJ know who we want to draft.

#88 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:53 PM

Well now that it's all settled, let's let Cho and MJ know who we want to draft.

Well, that's meaning that McLemore is off the board. Len is 2nd on my worthless big board.

In this case, let's hope that it's (1) Noel (2) McLemore (3) Bennett, with us choosing between Len and Oladipo excluding Porter. It's a no brainer with Len.

#89 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

ESPN Insider is saying that the Cavs, Hornets, Suns, and Pelicans are all very interested in Len.

As we've previously reported, he's seriously in the mix with the Cavs for the No. 1 pick, with some sources indicating the Cavs could be moving his direction (I'm told Noel, Porter and Oladipo are the others). The Bobcats are also very high on Len, as are the Suns and Pelicans. ESPN.com

#90 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 24,698 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

According to ESPN, some teams believe Maryland C Alex Len has "a bigger upside" than Kentucky C Nerlens Noel.

First of all, Len stands 7'1/225 while Noel is 6'10/206. Both players are coming off injuries (stress fracture in ankle for Len, torn ACL for Noel), but Len's is considered less risky long term. Finally, Len's offensive game is far more polished. According to Chad Ford, the Cavs "seriously" have Len in the mix at No. 1 overall.

Source: ESPN.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users