Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers What will it take for Rivera to Save his Job?

57 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't think it actually is possible to go 15-1 and miss the playoffs....I get the premise but you might have overreached on the example there.

It wasn't the point I was trying to make and I could be wrong, but for argument's sake...

CHI  goes 16-0 clenches division

NYG go 15-1, clench division (split games with DAL)

SF goes 15-1 clenches division

ATL goes 15-1 clenches division

DAL goes 15-1 (split games with NYG but loses tiebreaker)

SEA goes 15-1 (split games with SF but loses tiebreakers)

We finish 15-1 but lose the wildcard spot to tiebreakers

Posted

Playoffs. Though there are a few other things, game day decision making being paramount.

If we start out this season like we did last year, all bets are off. We better come out swinging.

Posted

If he shows maturity in close/end of game scenerios.  That mismanagement has to change and I think thats what the one yr deal is all about.  Play calling and proper game management cost us almost every game.

I might be bias but it felt as though we were in all but 2 of our games.  Even those 2 losses were more of an attitude of giving up, imo you could sense it.  

Our special teams and depth have changed for the better and boy what a diff an offseason has made.  Ron is being given the tools to win and im pulling for him.  Last thing i want is more coaching changes, also hoping these guys have success and build a strong coaching staff behind our young squad.

Posted

I think a winning season should be enough. It has been a long time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Winning record.

1 person likes this

Posted

Play calling and proper game management cost us almost every game.

Thats pretty difficult to quantify - but undoubtedly  Rivera made some bone headed  game management calls - that either left points on the field or led to points in our opponents column 

Im also rooting for the guy - He is likeable, seems forthright and the players seem to respect him.  On the other hand I want a change in January 2014, if he cant coach and lead us to winning season and playoff berth this year.

Posted

Double digit wins, or playoffs, nothing else.

1 person likes this

Posted

Win 10 and go dancing.

Posted

Playoffs or cupping the balls.

Posted

just win baby!!!!

Posted

With our schedule as tough as it is, Rivera should stay if we can get 9 wins. To me, the playoffs---which are a possibility---would be icing on the cake.

I like what Ron has done building the team, and I think it would definitely hurt the team for a few years if he were to get axed if we go .500 or more.  I think that we are still a few pieces away from championship material, and I want to see what Rivera does with his growth as a coach and all the pieces in place.

Posted

It wasn't the point I was trying to make and I could be wrong, but for argument's sake...

CHI goes 16-0 clenches division

NYG go 15-1, clench division (split games with DAL)

SF goes 15-1 clenches division

ATL goes 15-1 clenches division

DAL goes 15-1 (split games with NYG but loses tiebreaker)

SEA goes 15-1 (split games with SF but loses tiebreakers)

We finish 15-1 but lose the wildcard spot to tiebreakers