Photo
- - - - -

49ers Crabtree suffers torn achilles

Best Answer 4Corners, 22 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

This is a devastating loss for the 9ers and Crabtree. Not to mention fantasy footballers, too. 

Going to be interesting to see what the new Golden Boy of the NFL Kaepernick does now after losing such a vital part of his offense. Not to mention the film that's now available on him. 

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,304 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:21 PM

Kinda how like six months ago we would never get star unless we had a top three pick?

You have no idea where these players will be next may. No one does.

Yeah, keep dreaming if you think we'll get another Top 5 talent to drop into the mid-round again. We got extremely fortunate for Star to fall onto our laps. I'd even call divine intervention (if I believed in deities).

In summary, don't kid yourself.

#62 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:38 PM

Yeah, keep dreaming if you think we'll get another Top 5 talent to drop into the mid-round again. We got extremely fortunate for Star to fall onto our laps. I'd even call divine intervention (if I believed in deities).

In summary, don't kid yourself.

My point is you have no idea what constitutes tip five talent at this point.

Remember when Matt Barkley this time last year was considered by many to be the first player off the board? How'd that turn out?

I could give only about 3737284837272 other examples.

#63 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,304 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:00 PM

My point is you have no idea what constitutes tip five talent at this point.

Remember when Matt Barkley this time last year was considered by many to be the first player off the board? How'd that turn out?

I could give only about 3737284837272 other examples.

What constitutes Star as a Top 5 pick? How about freakish strength, an explosive first step, dominant at the point of attack, ability to split double teams with impressive productivity in back-to-back seasons? Hey, if you can find me a Wilfork, Suh, Ngata or Dareus in every draft, then I'll concede but NTs like Star don't come around often. You'd be an idiot to think so.

Just because Barkley and Geno were projected to go in the Top 10 doesn't they would have. Smith, himself, could attest to that. It certainly doesn't help your case that many analysts viewed the QB class from this draft as the poorest in years.

Point blank, unless Lee suffers a devastating injury, he's going in the Top 5.

#64 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

What constitutes Star as a Top 5 pick? How about freakish strength, an explosive first step, dominant at the point of attack, ability to split double teams with impressive productivity in back-to-back seasons? Hey, if you can find me a Wilfork, Suh, Ngata or Dareus in every draft, then I'll concede but NTs like Star don't come around often. You'd be an idiot to think so.

Just because Barkley and Geno were projected to go in the Top 10 doesn't they would have. Smith, himself, could attest to that. It certainly doesn't help your case that many analysts viewed the QB class from this draft as the poorest in years.

Point blank, unless Lee suffers a devastating injury, he's going in the Top 5.

Like I've already said, Star is the latest example of a "lock for the top 5" sliding... Injury, a poor senior year, other prospects stepping up, other pressing needs for top five teams..... you have no idea what you're talking about if you claim someone is a lock to be top 5 A YEAR FROM THE 2014 DRAFT , injuries aside.

If this conversation was exactly one year ago, you'd be saying the same thing about Star right now.... except it's a year later and you replaced his name with Lee.

#65 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,304 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

Like I've already said, Star is the latest example of a "lock for the top 5" sliding... Injury, a poor senior year, other prospects stepping up, other pressing needs for top five teams..... you have no idea what you're talking about if you claim someone is a lock to be top 5 A YEAR FROM THE 2014 DRAFT , injuries aside.

If this conversation was exactly one year ago, you'd be saying the same thing about Star right now.... except it's a year later and you replaced his name with Lee.

Star was a lock for a Top 5 consideration. A faulty test changed all that and he fell 13 spots. Now if you believe Lee will fall that far and we'll be that fortunate again, then you're setting yourself up for a major disappointment. It's truly that simple. It ain't happening. 14-18 teams are not going pass up on a possible Julio Jones or AJ Green type of receiver.

You can sit here and BS me with the "you don't know what you're talking about" argument but it won't change anything. So get over it.

#66 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:02 PM

Star was a lock for a Top 5 consideration. A faulty test changed all that and he fell 13 spots. Now if you believe Lee will fall that far and we'll be that fortunate again, then you're setting yourself up for a major disappointment. It's truly that simple. It ain't happening. 14-18 teams are not going pass up on a possible Julio Jones or AJ Green type of receiver.

You can sit here and BS me with the "you don't know what you're talking about" argument but it won't change anything. So get over it.

I'll say it one last time and then I'll let you keep talking to yourself. You'd have said the same thing about star one year ago. Unless you are friends with mrs. Cleo, you can't predict the future. You have no idea how the draft will play out 12 months from now, but please, continue to pretend.

#67 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,304 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:18 PM

I'll say it one last time and then I'll let you keep talking to yourself. You'd have said the same thing about star one year ago. Unless you are friends with mrs. Cleo, you can't predict the future. You have no idea how the draft will play out 12 months from now, but please, continue to pretend.

And I'll say this one more time, we [Panther fans] got immensely lucky that Star fell to us in the first place. I can't simplify that any further. It doesn't matter how it all plays out, the chances of us nabbing Marqise Lee (if we win more than six games next year) are astronomically low. It doesn't take Nostradamus-level insight to figure that out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com